1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Nov 22, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #766 of 1,567
Any cable that fits Sennheiser HD700, Audioquest Nighthawk, Oppo PM2, HiFiMan 2.5mm jack fits the 1More H1707

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #767 of 1,567
Any cable that fits Sennheiser HD700, Audioquest Nighthawk, Oppo PM2, HiFiMan 2.5mm jack fits the 1More H1707

Didn’t someone recently post that the 2.5mm plugs that go into the cups had to be TRS or the ceramic tweeter wouldn’t work?

I don’t know how accurate that information is though. Supposedly it was 1 random guy from Reddit. It would be nice to get independent verification from others.

Because most dual-entry headphones only require a mono plug to each cup. So if the Reddit guy is right, the tweeter would never activate and someone may not even realize (especially if 1More didn’t use a crossover, as the dynamic driver would just cover the whole frequency range).

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #769 of 1,567
Didn’t someone recently post that the 2.5mm plugs that go into the cups had to be TRS or the ceramic tweeter wouldn’t work?

I don’t know how accurate that information is though. Supposedly it was 1 random guy from Reddit. It would be nice to get independent verification from others.

Because most dual-entry headphones only require a mono plug to each cup. So if the Reddit guy is right, the tweeter would never activate and someone may not even realize (especially if 1More didn’t use a crossover, as the dynamic driver would just cover the whole frequency range).

This observation was made by Joshua Valour, a YouTube reviewer. I ordered some cheap sacrificial 2.5mm TRS cables from AliExpress to make multimeter measurements and see if his observation is correct. Will update you when I have results.

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #779 of 1,567
I didn't need them either, but what the heck why not? They started at $249, then $199, and then $149 as of late. That's down into "sure I'll take a gamble" territory.

I should have them by the weekend.

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #780 of 1,567
I didn't need them either, but what the heck why not? They started at $249, then $199, and then $149 as of late. That's down into "sure I'll take a gamble" territory.

I should have them by the weekend.

If you find that the ceramic drivers are pressing up against your ears, remember Slater's trick of disconnecting the cables from the drivers and swapping them, and then wearing the left driver on the right ear and the right driver on the left ear. That repositions the ceramic drivers towards the front of the ears, and makes them much more comfortable imo (without degrading the sound as far as we can tell).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back