1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Dec 13, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #812 of 1,567
Doh! Figures..I jumped in on the massdrop deal and then this happens. Only $20 less given taxes but $20 is $20. I doubt massdrop will let me cancel my order now that it has closed but worth a shot.

Dec 13, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #813 of 1,567
Yup just before the end of the $129.99 MD w/10hrs to go, I canceled and ordered the $99.99 bestbuy.com deal which will deliver in a week instead of next year. Anxious to hear these after all the great reviews., Could have gotten them in store today, but just hate actually being in a best buy store.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #814 of 1,567
Yup just before the end of the $129.99 MD w/10hrs to go, I canceled and ordered the $99.99 bestbuy.com deal which will deliver in a week instead of next year. Anxious to hear these after all the great reviews., Could have gotten them in store today, but just hate actually being in a best buy store.
Well damn, that stinks even more. Missed it by < 1 day? So the deal started yesterday? I guess it could be worse, I could have ordered at some of their higher sale prices or even full retail.

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #815 of 1,567
Deal is gone. It jumped up to $149, which is still a killer price.

Congratulations to the folks who got them at the $99 deal. You got a deal of the century.

Anyone who doesn’t like theirs once they receive them, hit me up on PM and I’ll take them off your hands. I have plans for a true open-backed version in the works.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #816 of 1,567
I just got them and I love the sound and design. My only concern goes to pads, they are very comfortable but glued, in case they will have to be replaced is that actually possible?

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #817 of 1,567
I just got them and I love the sound and design. My only concern goes to pads, they are very comfortable but glued, in case they will have to be replaced is that actually possible?

If you search this thread, I posted detailed instructions on how to remove and replace the pads.

I replaced my stock pads with different (larger oval) pads for more comfort.

For replacing the stock pads, you’d need to contact 1More about selling you some extras.

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #818 of 1,567
If you search this thread, I posted detailed instructions on how to remove and replace the pads.

I replaced my stock pads with different (larger oval) pads for more comfort.

For replacing the stock pads, you’d need to contact 1More about selling you some extras.
I missed that post.. my bad :frowning2: But thank you !
Side topic i'm also curious about the pad replacement you did for ATH M50, i've read about few fails because some pads really made worse the original sound, where I can find your version please?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #819 of 1,567
I missed that post.. my bad :frowning2: But thank you !
Side topic i'm also curious about the pad replacement you did for ATH M50, i've read about few fails because some pads really made worse the original sound, where I can find your version please?

I found that the best pad is the Beats pad. It best preserves the stock sound. Other pads do work though, so feel free to experiment, as there could be something even better.

Beats Studio 2.0 pads: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/1more-h1707-triple-driver-over-ear.849824/page-27#post-14271670

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #821 of 1,567
Darn do I have small 'kids' auricles, ca 45mm, will be interesting to try soon when my silver version arrives after new year. I much prefer no pressure on ear for comfort and hope my ear can just snuggly fit. On the other hand, easy fix thanks to Slater

Dec 23, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #822 of 1,567
Darn do I have small 'kids' auricles, ca 45mm, will be interesting to try soon when my silver version arrives after new year. I much prefer no pressure on ear for comfort and hope my ear can just snuggly fit. On the other hand, easy fix thanks to Slater

Hmm, it will be close. You would have to have toddler size ears fit it to have no contact whatsoever. I highly doubt your ears are that small, but maybe you’ll get lucky :)

Dec 23, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #823 of 1,567
ahh, yes somewhat close call, but always when people talk of fairly 'small' cups and pads .. they are always big and spacey for me.

If not, It'll be a nice and straight forward tweak following your -guide.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #824 of 1,567
On the other hand, easy fix thanks to Slater

Slater's even easier fix of simply swapping the drivers would probably do the trick for you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back