1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017

1. dweaver
    Is the Fiio designed to work with 3 pole jacks? It might be that there a mis-allignment because of this. I sometimes have to slightly pull some IEM's back a bit on equipment designed for only stereo output.

2. Jimster480
    That is possible too! I have ran into issue with the Fulla2 and 3 pole jacks.

Edit: They are called TRRS Jacks specifically.

Also was realizing that these IEMs have more BASS when I hold them deeper into my ears.
    This is why they have a flatter frequency response for me and some others. I wonder if 1More tuned it like this on purpose to provide a flatter sound if you don't have 100% perfect seals.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  3. dweaver
    20171004_135032.jpg 20171004_135038.jpg
    OK, I just tried something on a lark and want to know if I am actually hearing a difference or not.

I switched the default 1More silicone tips to a pair of JVC Spiral Dot tips. So if anyone has a pair of those tips or any really wide bored tip like them kicking around can you try them on your IEM and report back if you hear any difference in sound. I won't describe what I hear so I don't create any bias. Just report back if you hear anything different.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  4. Jimster480
    Have an Amazon link for these? I'll order a set and test.

5. dweaver
  6. AlwaysForward
    I've been using the Rebound "Comply Comfort" equivalent foam tips for a bit now. Just gave it a strong airplane test (damn near 12 hours in the last 2 days) and they're great. Much better than my Blue MoFi (which isolate very well). I used to have to crank the MoFi to higher SPL and my ears would ring afterwards. Not so with these, FWIW.

7. SomeGuyDude
    If only they had removable cables. Mine's starting to short out and it's very upsetting.

8. thejoker13
    That's terrible to hear! I'd be crushed if my quads started to fail. How long have you had yours?

9. Jimster480
    What do you do with them? I haven't had any issues at all with mine and I basically used them every day until last week.

10. SomeGuyDude
    Six months, maybe? Not too long. Possibly just bad luck with wear. I do tend to go through cables on my IEMs because I'm prone to napping with them in.

11. euge
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  12. pataburd
    . . . wish the cable was removable, too!

13. DonRadlauer
    Removing the cable is easy - just use a pair of scissors.

It's re-attaching the cable that can get tricky...

SomeGuyDude likes this.
  14. Jimster480
    LMAO you are right there!

Most IEMs with removable cables get broken over time (the ports).