1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
Sep 26, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #481 of 567
Hmmm...I should have done this to begin with. Playing one of the tracks on my Fiio X5 the vocal is WAYYY over to the right side, but playing the same track on a computer, vocal is dead center.

I guess the problem lies not with the IEMs but with the Fiio??
Is the Fiio designed to work with 3 pole jacks? It might be that there a mis-allignment because of this. I sometimes have to slightly pull some IEM's back a bit on equipment designed for only stereo output.

Sep 26, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #482 of 567
Is the Fiio designed to work with 3 pole jacks? It might be that there a mis-allignment because of this. I sometimes have to slightly pull some IEM's back a bit on equipment designed for only stereo output.
That is possible too! I have ran into issue with the Fulla2 and 3 pole jacks.

Edit: They are called TRRS Jacks specifically.

Also was realizing that these IEMs have more BASS when I hold them deeper into my ears.
This is why they have a flatter frequency response for me and some others. I wonder if 1More tuned it like this on purpose to provide a flatter sound if you don't have 100% perfect seals.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #483 of 567
20171004_135032.jpg 20171004_135038.jpg
OK, I just tried something on a lark and want to know if I am actually hearing a difference or not.

I switched the default 1More silicone tips to a pair of JVC Spiral Dot tips. So if anyone has a pair of those tips or any really wide bored tip like them kicking around can you try them on your IEM and report back if you hear any difference in sound. I won't describe what I hear so I don't create any bias. Just report back if you hear anything different.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #484 of 567

OK, I just tried something on a lark and want to know if I am actually hearing a difference or not.

I switched the default 1More silicone tips to a pair of JVC Spiral Dot tips. So if anyone has a pair of those tips or any really wide bored tip like them kicking around can you try them on your IEM and report back if you hear any difference in sound. I won't describe what I hear so I don't create any bias. Just report back if you hear anything different.

Have an Amazon link for these? I'll order a set and test.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #486 of 567
I've been using the Rebound "Comply Comfort" equivalent foam tips for a bit now. Just gave it a strong airplane test (damn near 12 hours in the last 2 days) and they're great. Much better than my Blue MoFi (which isolate very well). I used to have to crank the MoFi to higher SPL and my ears would ring afterwards. Not so with these, FWIW.

Oct 6, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #490 of 567
That's terrible to hear! I'd be crushed if my quads started to fail. How long have you had yours?

Six months, maybe? Not too long. Possibly just bad luck with wear. I do tend to go through cables on my IEMs because I'm prone to napping with them in.

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #495 of 567
So I just grabbed a pair of these from Amazon this past week since they were on sale (maybe still are?). Only have about 15 hours on them so far, listening a few different sources (Sony NWZ-A17, Chord Mojo, Audioquest Dragonfly Red). I think so far my favorite source with these is the Dragonfly Red. It adds a bit of warmth into the mids that I feel are a bit lacking with the quad drivers.

I also decided to swap out the silicone tips with the 13 mm foam tips, and was surprised to find that they significantly changed the sound signature, although I'm not sure if it's for the better or worse. The foam tips seem to tame the treble down a bit, and make the bass more prominent. I do feel as though a good bit of detail was lost after switching to the foam tips, but of course the increase in sound isolation is great, since the silicone tips don't offer much.

I have a Fiio X5iii on the way that should be delivered next week. Will be interesting to hear how they sound with that. Compared to my beloved Senn IE80s, it's very hard for me right now to say which I prefer. The IE80s are definitely a bit richer in the mids, which I always tend to gravitate towards. It's nice having a change of pace with the quad drivers, however. By comparison, it now seems like the IE80s sometimes have a bit too much bass which can bleed up into the midrange at times.

Has anyone tried the quad driver with the Comply foam tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back