1964ears vinyl tips cracked - any ideas?
Sep 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

barihunk

New Head-Fier
Hi all, 

So I've been super happy with my 1964ears triples for the close to a year now, but I discovered last week that somehow the vinyl tip for the right earpiece had cracked, most likely from insertion and removal in my ear (they are at my desk at work don't get transported all that often) - see picture attached. The tips are not completely torn so I can still kind of wear the earpiece but I can tell they may break off eventually.

I know vinyl tips are less durable than full acrylic shells, but it's been less than a year since I got them (though apparently this is past the warranty period) so I'm posting this to ask 2 questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal for vinyl tips?

2. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good DIY fix that I could do rather than send it back and pay to get fixed?

3. If I do get new customs in the future, is this a "cautionary tale" against vinyl tips?

J

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 5
Wow, under a year old and already out of warranty?

How long is the warranty?

I would try some SuperGlue.

Good Luck, Jim

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Have you contacted 1964? They have a 1 year warranty. If it's under a year then they're still under warranty...

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Yeah it's out of warranty; I'm guessing their warranty start date is the order date not delivery date. In any case it's a borderline situation, so I can't really fault them, though it would be nice for them still to be covered, or even repaired at a reduced price. I guess my situation isn't that common since nobody else has experienced it, so just my luck then. Off they go to get repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back