1964 Q vs. JH5 - help me decide on my first pair of customs!
Nov 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

csamantha11

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I've decided to take the plunge and want to get my first pair of customs. I want to keep it around the $500 range and i've looked into the 1964 Q's and the JH5's. I'm conflicted on which ones I would like more. Can anyone give me the pros/cons of each, or just their general thoughts on them? I listen to alot of vocals, pop, hip-hop, some rock... a mix of other different genres too, but those are the ones that mostly fill up my playlist. Also, what are some other customs that you can recommend that I can look into?

thanks in advance! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 16
I myself was leaning towards the 1964Q however recently I came across a review that Average Joe did on the drm ears aud 5 and I believe that these may end up being the pair that I go with.

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #5 of 16
Also curious in a comparison, anyone who's heard both? I've been through both the JH5 and 1964Q appreciation thread but wasn't able to find a good comparison. 

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #7 of 16
I have had the Quads for close to eight months (love them, BTW).  My UM Miracle should (fingers crossed) be here by the end of the year.. aaaannnnd.. I'll be taking advantage of the JH Audio Thanksgiving Day sale and ordering the JH5.. sooo.... stay tuned.

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
I have had the Quads for close to eight months (love them, BTW).  UM Miracle should (fingers crossed) be here by the end of the year.. aaaannnnd.. I'll be taking advantage of the JH Audio Thanksgiving Day sale and ordering the JH5.. sooo.... stay tuned.

maybe i shouldnt be asking but what thanksgiving day sale

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #11 of 16

Quote:
Oh and the code is GOBBLE. Check out their Facebook page, there's also free shipping I believe. Sorry for all the information, hope it doesn't tempt you 
tongue.gif

ah no wonder. i disabled my facebook because it became too annoying.  everyone checking in or updating about every single little thing.  

Nov 24, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
by comparing the building quality of the two companies, which one is better?

I would say not much difference. Both are not comparable to UM. My 1964-Q has some marks on it and my friend's JH16 has sharp edges around the nozzles. He had to send his JH16 back for refit twice with impressions taken by the same audiologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back