1964 Ears
Feb 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #3,691 of 7,417
they received my impressions and payment at 7 jan. i still haven't received them they are shipped but still at custom clearance.
hope they arrived soon. i expected them to arrive before my birthday (10feb).

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #3,692 of 7,417
His and her 1964 CIEMS.  1964-Duals for my wife and my 1964-V6's.  My Starlight cable from BTG Audio should be delivered today so when I have had some more time I will be posting my limited review (I will be reviewing it as a reference monitor for musicians to use during performance). 

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #3,693 of 7,417
Quote:
they received my impressions and payment at 7 jan. i still haven't received them they are shipped but still at custom clearance.
hope they arrived soon. i expected them to arrive before my birthday (10feb).

waiting on customs is the worst part of importing things.
mad.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #3,695 of 7,417
MBHC;

I will not be doing a review of the doubles. as they are my wife's and do not fit me. you can find a review of the duals here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/540337/the-best-headphones-under-400-1964-duals-review 

My review of the V-6's will be a couple of weeks out.

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #3,696 of 7,417
MBHC;

I will not be doing a review of the doubles. as they are my wife's and do not fit me. you can find a review of the duals here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/540337/the-best-headphones-under-400-1964-duals-review 

My review of the V-6's will be a couple of weeks out.

Okay , I'm apologize about that. But still looking forward for your full review . Since I found it there are some differences between the v6 demo from HongKong distributor and the real v6 from other users' review. For example the sound signature , the vocal presentation and the soundstage .I was confused when I heard the demo. It sounds diffrent from others' review. That's why I'm "addicted" to finding review ,so that I can really know what the v6 sounds like.Thank you for making a review to everyone.

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #3,698 of 7,417
I am a little confused about which company to go with and which product to order.  I play on a worship team at church with some great players and sit in from time to time with a band in clubs. I was so pumped about 1964 ears and the V-6, I know people who have 1964 IEM'S and have heard and read great things about the customer service. So, I was sold on the V-6, until I emailed 1964 twice and called them several times.  The 1964 customer service rep had very short answers to my questions. Since, I am a guitar player, I ask about the setup of the V-6, such as, are there Low Mid, High Mid drivers in the product ....and so on and so on.  Totally disappointed in the non-helpful responses to all my questions. Same way with the emails, I received very short generic answers to my questions from 1964 Ears.  So, I called Alien Ears and the guy was very helpful.  We talked about the G-10, which has a bass driver, Low Mid Driver, Mid Driver, High Driver and a tweeter.  He was so helpful, that I am totally confused now about which company to go with. 

So here is my question.  I am confused about all the great customer service reviews, Im reading about 1964 because I did not experience that?  I am also confused as to which is a better IEM, the 1964 V-6 or the Alien Ear G-10. To be honest I don't know a lot about IEM's or either one of these companies, other than what I have experience so far with customer service from both companies?  I would really appreciate any help and advice anyone can give me?  Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing everyones response.  

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #3,699 of 7,417
Quote:
I am a little confused about which company to go with and which product to order.  I play on a worship team at church with some great players and sit in from time to time with a band in clubs. I was so pumped about 1964 ears and the V-6, I know people who have 1964 IEM'S and have heard and read great things about the customer service. So, I was sold on the V-6, until I emailed 1964 twice and called them several times.  The 1964 customer service rep had very short answers to my questions and did not appear to be very knowledgeable of the V-6.  Since, I am a guitar player, I ask about the setup of the V-6, such as, are there Low Mid, High Mid drivers in the product ....and so on and so on.  Totally disappointed in the non-helpful responses to all my questions. Same way with the emails, I received very short generic answers to my questions from 1964 Ears.  So, I called Alien Ears and the guy was very helpful.  We talked about the G-10, which has a bass driver, Low Mid Driver, Mid Driver, High Driver and a tweeter.  He was so helpful, that I am totally confused now about which company to go with. 

So here is my question.  I am confused about all the great customer service reviews, Im reading about 1964 because I did not experience that?  I am also confused as to which is a better IEM, the 1964 V-6 or the Alien Ear G-10. To be honest I don't know a lot about IEM's or either one of these companies, other than what I have experience so far with customer service from both companies?  I would really appreciate any help and advice anyone can give me?  Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing everyones response.  

i assume  you mailed them? i mailed them too it takes atleast a day before they respond. call them .
 i spoke to vitally he told me everything about amping their CIEM and if its worth amping.
so far i know their customer service is good if you call them personally mailing isn't a option.

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #3,700 of 7,417
Feb 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #3,701 of 7,417
I received a letter from the post office today.
they got my V3's and i have to go to the post office to pick them up.
but i also have to pay 80 euro's of taxes.... serious f@!$#ing taxes over here in the netherlands.....

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #3,702 of 7,417
Quote:
I am a little confused about which company to go with and which product to order.  I play on a worship team at church with some great players and sit in from time to time with a band in clubs. I was so pumped about 1964 ears and the V-6, I know people who have 1964 IEM'S and have heard and read great things about the customer service. So, I was sold on the V-6, until I emailed 1964 twice and called them several times.  The 1964 customer service rep had very short answers to my questions and did not appear to be very knowledgeable of the V-6.  Since, I am a guitar player, I ask about the setup of the V-6, such as, are there Low Mid, High Mid drivers in the product ....and so on and so on.  Totally disappointed in the non-helpful responses to all my questions. Same way with the emails, I received very short generic answers to my questions from 1964 Ears.  So, I called Alien Ears and the guy was very helpful.  We talked about the G-10, which has a bass driver, Low Mid Driver, Mid Driver, High Driver and a tweeter.  He was so helpful, that I am totally confused now about which company to go with. 

If you become a customer, you'll notice a great difference in these companies 'customer sevice'.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #3,704 of 7,417
Quote:

I talked to Anastasia for most of my customer service issues, chances are you got Aleksey.
He's well informed, he just tends to use short answers and doesn't use a lot of sales jargon BS.
Also Alien Ears has a history of being very responsive and informative, until they get your money. That's when most customers become very unsatisfied with them as they tend to stop caring after that.

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #3,705 of 7,417
Just curious, for anyone who's ordered recently without rush ordering, how long is the turn around time from the time they receive your impressions? I think I'm going to jump into a pair of V6's and am curious what the queue is looking like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back