1964 Ears
Feb 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #3,676 of 7,417
Quote:
Nice video for 1964 Ears!
etysmile.gif

But someone please tell me which one between v3 or v6's vocal are better?
I'm now searching for a CIEM in 1964Ears to replace my SE535LTD.
And I demand a tight bass and a smooth and large soundstage with a slightly forward vocal. Any recommendation ?
Thanks so much!

mBcHc

My V6's just arrived today so these are just first impressions.  But I have both e5 and e535 and I think the sound stage is much wider in the 1964 V6's.  The bass is in the V6's is nice and crisp. I can hear the player moving his fingers on the strings in some songs. The bass is not lacking at all in the V6's. It will show you the weaknesses in recordings though.  the voice sound very natural. I just finished listening to my Barbershop rehearsal tracks could here everything in the recording. the voices sound natural....That is the best way I can describe it.

If you have a specific question I will try to help you. I have had my V6's less than 24hours but my first impressions are they are great CIEM's

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #3,677 of 7,417
Hi Westsider,welcome to head-fi.
I would like to ask you some question about Drum reproduction and Bass (Especially drum kick) capabilities.
I own a pair of HF5 (waay cheaper then any cheap Customs),and although i like it's clearness and enjoyable detail,i am willing to make a moving upgrade and buy a custom for myself,cause i would like to have a less analitycal listening experience.

At the moment i am deciding to try the V3 which seems to be quite neutral with a touch in the bass region,but i would ask you how the V6 behave in,let say ADCD,RATM or maybe some metal recording ,regarding the Drum reproduction and bass region in general:Do you think will be more then enough for who's not a basshead but like a touch of warmth?Cause maybe i should really stick with the V3 ,which apparently does not have the same detail and clearness of the V6.Thanks!
Anyway,whoever want to chime in,is very welcome!

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #3,678 of 7,417
My V6's arrived today and they were shipped with the new case. I like the new case. I won't say I like it more than the old case I will just say I like the new case. I will say that everything has more room in the new case design.  Here are some pics of the case for those you you wondering how big it is and how will everything fits.

07667fdc-53f1-4f8b-ae7e-0492c608ed60_zps360d77b7.jpg

IMG_0011_zps683b3e0d.jpg

IMG_0012_zps9a3fd564.jpg

IMG_0013_zps5ac19804.jpg

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #3,679 of 7,417
Quote:
Hi Westsider,welcome to head-fi.
I would like to ask you some question about Drum reproduction and Bass (Especially drum kick) capabilities.
I own a pair of HF5 (waay cheaper then any cheap Customs),and although i like it's clearness and enjoyable detail,i am willing to make a moving upgrade and buy a custom for myself,cause i would like to have a less analitycal listening experience.

At the moment i am deciding to try the V3 which seems to be quite neutral with a touch in the bass region,but i would ask you how the V6 behave in,let say ADCD,RATM or maybe some metal recording ,regarding the Drum reproduction and bass region in general:Do you think will be more then enough for who's not a basshead but like a touch of warmth?Cause maybe i should really stick with the V3 ,which apparently does not have the same detail and clearness of the V6.Thanks!
Anyway,whoever want to chime in,is very welcome!

Just to repeat myself, I haven't had them for 24hrs yet so all my impressions are very early impressions. I will give a more detailed impression later. also, I have not heard what the HF5's sound like so I cannot give you a direct comparison. I have heard the 1964 Triple drivers when they had the 2 way crossover but not the new V3's with the three way crossover.

I haven't had a chance to listen to any metal on the V6's yet. My iPod nano is all I have with me and all songs on it are in apple lossless format. I have listened to some evanescence and other alternative as well as vocal, classical, and pop.  The lows are low. I hear things that I have not heard in the recordings when listening through my E535's or my Livewire duals. But that I was only able to hear when I was running music thought my pro-sound system. This is a JVC line array with lake processors flown in a theater that seats 5,000 people with 4 18" subs. so not really fair comparison.  The bass reproduction is very clean and natural, I have noticed that it depends on the recording how much bass there really is.  I would not say they lack bass at all. I think the sound is very balanced and all the frequency ranges blends well without bleeding over.

Again these are just first impression I will come back and post again when I have had more time to listen to them. And, try to give you a more detailed answer.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #3,680 of 7,417
Thanks westsider! May I ask a few more questions about your v6? Since its new , we can check out what the sound comes out without running in.i have heard both the v3 and v6 demo from Hong Kong distributor. I found it v6's vocal is backward compare to SE535 ltd. I know it is not a fair comparison . But I don't have any other IEM .How about your view?

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #3,682 of 7,417
Quote:
Thanks westsider! May I ask a few more questions about your v6? Since its new , we can check out what the sound comes out without running in.i have heard both the v3 and v6 demo from Hong Kong distributor. I found it v6's vocal is backward compare to SE535 ltd. I know it is not a fair comparison . But I don't have any other IEM .How about your view?

I will say that in the Demo V6's I had compared to my customs when they arrived sounded very different.  The vocals and all the mid frequencies came were very subdued in the demo's but were balanced in my custom pair.  Same thing for the lows. I had a hard time getting a good seal on my Demo V6's. Which did make me nervous about placing my order.

The sound is similar to the 535's. However the soundstage is much wider and the frequency range is also much wider in the V6's. Now that I have had a couple of days with them and had time to really listen to them I really like them. While I haven't had a lot of different CIEM's these are among the best IEM's I have heard. the V6 revies (will post link later) is very accurate to there sound. If you like the 535's you will love the V6's.

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #3,683 of 7,417
Quote:
That's ok Westsider,fair enough,and thank you anyway,enjoy your new toy!

I said I would post back when I had more time.

I listened and as long as you don't want to swim in the bass frequencies. the V6's are great. When I listened to AC/DC Back in black on my Ipod classic I almost felt like I was sitting at the drum kit. The only thing I was missing was the pressure on my body of the kick drum. which you will never be able to recreate with IEM's.  They have a very natural sound and are on the analytical side. 

In summary I would say the drums and bass guitar sound correct and natural.  Going from one album to another you could really tell the differences in the recording styles of the artists.  I really think you can't go wrong with either one. I am not a bass head and there is plenty of bass for me. people who want skull crushing bass would be disappointed the V6's.

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #3,685 of 7,417
My Quads were swiped today! A thief snatched my backpack here in Saigon - thank God he didn't cause an accident as I was driving with my dear wife. I was trying to sell them, so at least I wasn't in love with them (my ears just don't like customs or I didn't get a good fitting - not sure tbh) ...it's a good thing I didn't spring for some high-end customs, eh? It's still a bummer - I was trying to trade them in the for sale forums...
frown.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #3,686 of 7,417
My Quads were swiped today! A thief snatched my backpack here in Saigon - thank God he didn't cause an accident as I was driving with my dear wife. I was trying to sell them, so at least I wasn't in love with them (my ears just don't like customs or I didn't get a good fitting - not sure tbh) ...it's a good thing I didn't spring for some high-end customs, eh? It's still a bummer - I was trying to trade them in the for sale forums...:frowning2:

Wow. I guess im a little spoiled in the area i live in. I've never had anything stolen from me before. Will be extra cautious when i get my pair of CIEMS. Hopefully t hat thief turns out to just be a frien playing a prank on you and returns it to you later. Sorry for your loss.

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #3,687 of 7,417
No, Saigon is full of thieves, especially around Tet holiday. That was no friend of mine. Anyways, life goes on and I still have my health. I was pretty bummed at first, but I'm going to let it go and just move on with my day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back