1964 Ears
Dec 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #3,586 of 7,417
Quote:
Sorry if this has been stated before, but how much were the 4.A's at their discounted price?

1964 received my second set of impressions yesterday. Can't wait til they ship me my new pair and see how much better they fit! Or.... how they still don't fit perfect... 
frown.gif

Also, just wanted to comment that it's been a month with my V3 and the cables are now significantly green past the Y-junction, but there is absolutely ZERO greening in the memory wire section. I feel like this is some sort of initiation ritual for custom IEM users.

The next step is buying a new cable.

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #3,587 of 7,417
Read fellow Headfier Sopp's post on Mobile01 forum that V4 may (hopefully) be available early year and they are working on components that will allow the Q to be upgraded to V4. Now I am gonna take my quads off the classified and wait for that to happen 
etysmile.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #3,588 of 7,417
Quote:
Read fellow Headfier Sopp's post on Mobile01 forum that V4 may (hopefully) be available early year and they are working on components that will allow the Q to be upgraded to V4. Now I am gonna take my quads off the classified and wait for that to happen 
etysmile.gif

Can't locate it!
Can you please post a link here?

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #3,589 of 7,417
That's intriguing - since my ears don't like the feel of customs, maybe this possibility will help sell mine.

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #3,591 of 7,417
Two questions. I currently have a set of quads and I find myself maxing out bass on my amp to balance with the highs of the quads. In looking at the V6 should I assume that my impression of low bass be even more pronounced since the drivers added are mid and high? The other question is about physical size. The quads are already quite large and protrude a good amount out of my ears. Has anyone compared the two size wise?

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #3,592 of 7,417
Quote:
Two questions. I currently have a set of quads and I find myself maxing out bass on my amp to balance with the highs of the quads. In looking at the V6 should I assume that my impression of low bass be even more pronounced since the drivers added are mid and high? The other question is about physical size. The quads are already quite large and protrude a good amount out of my ears. Has anyone compared the two size wise?

I don't understand what you meant by your impression of low bass being even more pronounced but V6's bass is a bit less in quantity but better in quality when compared with the Quads. So you're actually not sacrificing anything at all. The sound is evenly distributed. I don't get the sense that one frequency is more prevalent than the other. Some people may not like that neutrality because some of us prefer bassy, mid-oriented or bright phones. Again this is fairly dependent on your source as well. 

Size-wise there is enough room in your Quads to accomodate 2 more drivers so don't expect anything bigger or smaller, my V6 are identical in size to my Quads. 

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #3,593 of 7,417
Perfect! Thank you. Sorry if the post was unclear. It happens when posting quickly while talking on the phone.

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #3,594 of 7,417
I'm looking to buy a pair of Quads after auditioning the demo a couple of weeks ago but then I hear they're going to be replaced by the V4 early next year, does anyone have any thoughts as to the time scale, do you think we're talking Q1 or Q2 or 2013?

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #3,595 of 7,417
Quote:
I'm looking to buy a pair of Quads after auditioning the demo a couple of weeks ago but then I hear they're going to be replaced by the V4 early next year, does anyone have any thoughts as to the time scale, do you think we're talking Q1 or Q2 or 2013?

I'm not sure about the expected release date, but they have said that the current version of the Quads will be able to be retrofitted so that they perform identically to the V4. See my signature if you have interest :wink:

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #3,596 of 7,417
Quote:
I'm not sure about the expected release date, but they have said that the current version of the Quads will be able to be retrofitted so that they perform identically to the V4. See my signature if you have interest :wink:

Where is this information from? I emailed 1964 and got back the somewhat safe replay of "it depends what drivers we use in the v4".
I seem to be allergic to money these days and this is the perfect excuse to shed some - hoping this tale comes true!

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #3,597 of 7,417
Quote:

Where is this information from? I emailed 1964 and got back the somewhat safe replay of "it depends what drivers we use in the v4".
I seem to be allergic to money these days and this is the perfect excuse to shed some - hoping this tale comes true!

Edit: The link I saw seems to be just speculation, so until we hear from 1964Ears, consider it a mere rumor.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #3,598 of 7,417
orderd my v3 . so excited!

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3,599 of 7,417
why is there no one talking about the 1964 ears anymore?
outdated?
does someone know how the v3 sounds compared to the tdk ba200?

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #3,600 of 7,417
Quote:
why is there no one talking about the 1964 ears anymore?
outdated?
does someone know how the v3 sounds compared to the tdk ba200?

Not outdated, just not as hyped as others for some reason. Plenty of people use 1964 CIEMs and love them (including me). 

Sorry, don't know about the ba200 comparison. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back