1964 Ears
Oct 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #3,466 of 7,417
Quote:
Now the real question....

How do we get one for Project86 to do a review on?

Well, I just finished the Lear LCM-5 review, and am still working on the 1964 V3 as well as 4 models of the Cosmic Ears customs. And that's in addition to a bunch of stuff I'm covering at InnerFidelity. So I'll be tied up for a while. But maybe some day. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #3,468 of 7,417
Now the disappointment, bro Sopp had received reply from 1964 Ears that it is not possible to trade in quads to upgrade to V6.

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #3,469 of 7,417
Quote:
Now the disappointment, bro Sopp had received reply from 1964 Ears that it is not possible to trade in quads to upgrade to V6.

I think the drivers and crossovers are totally different. Also, i don't think it is feasible for them to have a trade-in service, due to the fact that they cannot cover driver wear and tear from your previous customs.

Oh well.. :frowning2:

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #3,470 of 7,417
Quote:
Now the real question....

How do we get one for Project86 to do a review on?

I will try and review one for you guys, i have 4 CIEMs en route so i will have some worthy comparisons!

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #3,472 of 7,417
Quote:
I think the drivers and crossovers are totally different. Also, i don't think it is feasible for them to have a trade-in service, due to the fact that they cannot cover driver wear and tear from your previous customs.

Actually, I asked 1964 Ears about upgrade program for 1964-T which is not a current production model. They told me that the previous drivers could not be used in the new design.

BTW, I think the introductory price is fairly reasonable for a 6 drivers CIEM. Will snatch one pair surely.

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #3,474 of 7,417
Quote:
I think I'll try to snag a pair as well, although I don't have nearly the same amount stuff to compare to.

Quote:

Yes, that is what 1964 Ears told me. The previous drivers could not be used in the new design.

BTW, I think the introductory price is fairly reasonable for a 6 drivers CIEM. Will snatch one pair surely.

Haha i envy you guys, would love to get the V6.

Though, due to a lack of funds and the fact that i already have a pair of customs, i won't be joining you :)

Someone sponsor me?
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3,475 of 7,417
Quote:

Haha i envy you guys, would love to get the V6.

Though, due to a lack of funds and the fact that i already have a pair of customs, i won't be joining you :)

Someone sponsor me?
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

Honestly I'll have to save for about a month and a half, and my kids* will have to skip a few meals, but I should be able to pull it off.

*Before anyone takes that too seriously I'd like to disclose that I don't actually have any children. People are oddly sensitive on this site sometimes.

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #3,476 of 7,417
Quote:
I think I'll try to snag a pair as well, although I don't have nearly the same amount stuff to compare to.

Will probably get a pair as well, after reading reviews from those owning both Q and V6, of course :)

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #3,477 of 7,417
I realize that I've been a bit stingy about my impressions for the V3. I'm working on listening to them as much as possible to really solidify my thoughts on them. But I will say that they are quite nice. Definitely a good buy for the asking price.

Sound signature is warm, smooth, spacious, and just very musical. I can't really think of another word that defines them better than "musical". Bass is significant - these things don't pretend to be neutral. But it's not quite big enough to where it would likely overwhelm someone (though a few people might feel that way). 

These things remind me of a junior version of the spectacular Heir Audio 8.A: they aren't exactly the same sound but definitely along the same lines. Of course the 8.A, being a $1300 top of the line model, can do some things that the V3 can't. But at 1/3 of the price that's to be expected. Still, the V3 acquits itself very well. I also think the V3 has a lot in common with the Audeze LCD-2 in terms of tonality and overall "feel". Again, the LCD-2 being far more expensive, can do some things better. But honestly the V3 is not terribly far behind. They are definitely in the same family as far as general sound signature.

I know that isn't a lot of detail but hopefully it helps someone in their preliminary search for the right CIEM. If your ideal sound is the Beyer T1, or AKG K701, or Grado RS1, and you want a custom IEM with a similar sound, then you should be looking elsewhere. But if you dig the warm, liquid sound of the LCD-2, HE400, Heir 8.A, etc then the V3 is a great option. 

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #3,479 of 7,417
I can't seem to connect to 1964 website....
are they filtering IPs from korea or something?

Works fine on my end

Try again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back