1964 Ears
Jun 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #2,491 of 7,417

Well based on your description @ High_Q that is possible too. I mean I would trust your ears to know if something sounds right or off. At first I thought you were just speaking about hearing reverb and echo and not thinking it's natural. But I agree that reverb and echo shouldn't be there all the time in abundance. I'm sure 1964 EARS will get to the root of the issue.
Quote:
I think the transducers are out of phase.  I talk to 1964(great customer service) and they are going to look into it.  It just doesn't sound right.  Do they usually fix the phase?  It seams out of phase.

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #2,492 of 7,417
I also agree that customs shouldn't be your one first foray into IEMs. You need to learn your sound signature before you go into such an investment. 

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #2,494 of 7,417
Getting my impressions done next week and then ordering the 1964d. I'm pretty excited, I always felt like all my earphones I've had was missing something. Hopefully these will bring me joy.

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #2,495 of 7,417

You should have got the Q's now you'll allways long for the even better sound of the Quads.
Nat.
Quote:
Getting my impressions done next week and then ordering the 1964d. I'm pretty excited, I always felt like all my earphones I've had was missing something. Hopefully these will bring me joy.

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #2,497 of 7,417
Jun 9, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #2,498 of 7,417
Hey guys.

I have a few questions about 1964 ears :/
I was wondering why the price of the 1964Qs are so much lower than the price of other quad driver customs like the UE11 Pro.

Also for the remoulding service do they offer something similar to Unique Melody where they add additional drivers?

And finally as I have slight hearing loss in my right ear, I had to get a hearing sensitivity test to send to Westone for my ES5s so it would be tuned differently to be more suitable for me, does anyone know if 1964 ears would offer the same service? and what would be the prices of them?

Thanks

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #2,500 of 7,417
After listening to my new Quads for a few day, I though I'd take a break and listen to my other favorite recent acquisition - RE262 (through a Fiio E7). I love the mids on the RE262, so I listened to Raising Sand (Alison Krauss & Robert Plant). Everything but the vocals sounded distant and I didn't remember it this way, so I played it through the Quads. WOW! Everything was very present and detailed, but at the same time it blended very musically. I think that I have ruined my ears for anything else.

Jun 10, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #2,501 of 7,417
I hope I will be having the same feeling when I get my customs too.

Quote:
After listening to my new Quads for a few day, I though I'd take a break and listen to my other favorite recent acquisition - RE262 (through a Fiio E7). I love the mids on the RE262, so I listened to Raising Sand (Alison Krauss & Robert Plant). Everything but the vocals sounded distant and I didn't remember it this way, so I played it through the Quads. WOW! Everything was very present and detailed, but at the same time it blended very musically. I think that I have ruined my ears for anything else.

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #2,502 of 7,417
These things are amazing with Dubstep (look it up on Wikipedia - I had to). Most of my IEMs don't have enough bass for Dubstep or else they have plenty of quantity, but it's a muddy mess. The quads are very clear and very very deep, but even with all of that bass, there is no bleed into the midrange.

Jun 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #2,503 of 7,417

Quote:
These things are amazing with Dubstep (look it up on Wikipedia - I had to). Most of my IEMs don't have enough bass for Dubstep or else they have plenty of quantity, but it's a muddy mess. The quads are very clear and very very deep, but even with all of that bass, there is no bleed into the midrange.

Oh, good to hear that especially now when my quads are in production!
I never liked IEMs because of discomfort and lack of the bass. It was either comfort and no bass or discomfort (tight seal) and ~bass.

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #2,504 of 7,417
Hey, I got the Audinst, and my ER-4P sounds wonderful with it.  I had no idea how great ER-4P was until I source it with Audinst.  It's a great little DAC/Amp for IEMs, great synergy.

Quote:
I use the Audinst with customs only. In the past I have used it with iem's. I have not noticed any noticeable hiss. I don't use the stock opamp however but rather the OPA627. I don't recall any hiss with the stock opamp either. The Audinst imo is a good and affordable unit for use with iem's for transportable with your laptop or netbook. It has a good dac and a surprisingly good amp. I tried it with my HD600 today and it does a pretty good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back