1964 Ears
Mar 22, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #1,848 of 7,417
The design's covered by a smooth surface. It's fairly accurate, though I had a filled in band on the rose that didn't make it to the final version. The main issue for me is that I didn't use a heavy enough line on the drawing.  The bird, however, turned out better than I'd expected, so it's all even.

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #1,851 of 7,417
I contacted them since I was worried about people posting and saying their wait was around 30 days and they said mine should be completed on the 4th. That would be 21 business days since they received my order.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #1,853 of 7,417

Quote:
My Quads arrive tomorrow!  Vitaliy and Aleksey were nice enough to get them done over the weekend and ship overnight so they would get here for my birthday.  A little over 20 days for me, but I'm a patient guy, mostly...  I have found the owners and staff at 1964 Ears to be nothing but gracious in my dealings with them so far.

I can't wait!  I turn 52 tomorrow, and I still feel like a kid waiting for a new toy...

I received them yesterday.  They are pretty much immaculate, no bubbles I can see.  Fit so far is good, with only a 10 minute session and maybe a 45 minute session.  They took about 23 days.  Aleksey overnighted them to me at a cost of about $21, so they would be here for my birthday.  Very cool!  Impressions will come later.  So far, I like 'em!

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #1,854 of 7,417
Wow! nice to hear that they're still on track somehow...

Regarding the bubbles/micro-bubbles within the acrylic shell, I'm kind of guessing that the few earlier posts regarding presence of some, however minor, bubbles were more of a "still new on the field and could improve with practice" kind of thing. Just my guess though, but voicing it in case you guys might agree. Lately reports are coming in with "very little" or "none", perhaps indicating that they've now had enough practices?
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I received them yesterday.  They are pretty much immaculate, no bubbles I can see.  Fit so far is good, with only a 10 minute session and maybe a 45 minute session.  They took about 23 days.  Aleksey overnighted them to me at a cost of about $21, so they would be here for my birthday.  Very cool!  Impressions will come later.  So far, I like 'em!

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #1,855 of 7,417
Quote:
Wow! nice to hear that they're still on track somehow...

Regarding the bubbles/micro-bubbles within the acrylic shell, I'm kind of guessing that the few earlier posts regarding presence of some, however minor, bubbles were more of a "still new on the field and could improve with practice" kind of thing. Just my guess though, but voicing it in case you guys might agree. Lately reports are coming in with "very little" or "none", perhaps indicating that they've now had enough practices?
beerchug.gif

I got a nice prompt response from Aleksey this morning who said the shipping estimate for my monitors is Thursday the 31st which would technically only be 24 working days- and I'm getting 2 seperate custom images on mine. Pretty good by all accounts so i'll keep you posted when they ship next week- then the international shipping countdown will be on :)

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #1,856 of 7,417
I have had mine for almost a week now.  The fit so far is great.  No issues there at all.  I do have one concern though, and I'm wondering if it is me being stupid.  There is a large bubble on the backsaide of the one that looks bad IMHO.  Take a look and let me know if you think I should bring it up:

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #1,859 of 7,417
Is the material at the bubble thinner than the rest of the body, such that it is at risk of breaking? If so, you should send it in. If not, you need to consider if you are willing to let these go for a week or two while they rework the shell (Ask if they keep copies of your impressions sent in?). If I saw something like that I would probably be a bit upset but wouldn't send it back because the fit is fine and it is too troublesome to wait for a few more weeks.

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #1,860 of 7,417
I think I recall something like that on mine near the drivers but can't recall since I don't have it on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back