1964 Ears
Oct 24, 2010 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7,417

aleki

500+ Head-Fier
I have been looking at investing in a pair of customs for some time now. During my review hunt, these popped up from a comment someone posted about their top of the line sounding as good as the JH13's (from a pcmag review). Quite a bold statement; but it peaks my interest, considering their top of the line quad goes for $450
ksc75smile.gif

Website
Facebook page (lots of pics)

Any thoughts or experiences?

Edit: For people just joining in, Check out Pages 20+ for impressions. When I learn how to, I'll create direct links to impression posts, that way you all dont have to keep digging.
Cheers

UPDATE: REVIEWS!!!

1964D (dual's):
Sil3nce

1964T (triple's):
|Joker|
project86
rawrster
rroseperry
dom1610

1964Q (quad's):
Tex From Iowa
Ericp10 < link to first impressions. Review pending..
popcorn.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 7,417
I was about to ask the same as I ran across the same post you mentioned.

There is also this video on YouTube.

I asked them about their Quad model :

Quote:
Hi. Thanks for your interest. The freq response on the Quad is 20Hz to 18KHz. Its our best monitor. We will have official spec sheets up soon. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Vitaliy Belonozhko, 1964 EARS
www.1964ears.com
vitaliy@1964ears.com
Tel. (503) 746-8510

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 7,417
Custom silicone sleeves for universal IEMs listed as being only $80 on their site. Good deal even compared to the new $100 Ety custom sleeves.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #9 of 7,417
Dang, now I'm interested... I know the more drivers doesn't equal the better monitor, but I'm interested and could even get the quad driver. Want to hear more about their products but can't find anything plus their artists listed on their site doesn't have any big names I've ever seen. (not that that means anything)

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 7,417

Quote:
Wow - only $200 for their singledriver. I might have to order a pair to replace the old e3cs.

tell me how it goes. i might buy one as well.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #11 of 7,417
and nothing is showing on pcmag.com when searching for 1964 or 1964 ears
their website doesn't even say when these quad drivers will be available... going to have to search their facebook page for someone who has owned UE or JH products as well as a 1964 IEM. The site says that the single drivers are good for classical style and jazz music, dual driver for vocalists and guitarists, and the triple driver for bassists and drummers, but doesn't say anything about the quad driver or even basic sonic signature summaries of any of them besides the "bass players and drummers will like the triple driver"... I will mostly be iPod'ing with my in ears as well as doing monitors for my church and even just listening to the front of house mix with these just to hear the quality when bored at church during the sound checks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #12 of 7,417
want to know how they compare so badly

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #13 of 7,417
Just to keep things in perspective, Universal Melody offers their top of the line quad driver Mage for $600. On Headfonia.com, Mike plugs it into a Beta22 amp single endedly and says it has better soundstage than cans like the balanced HE5, Balanced HD650, and K701. He put its soundstage performance right below the balanced HD800. Note he said the soundstage is not like headphones, it is inside your head, but never the less he was amazed at its realism and three dimensionality. These 1964 customs do look like a really great deal, however. i could see spending $200 or maybe $275 on a pair of these. I plan on getting the balanced Ibasso Toucan, so is it possible to balance these customs? Who could I have do it inexpensively? Lastly, how would the sound quality from the dual driver one compare with something like the Westone 3 or Earsonics SM3? Thanks to anyone who answers my avalanche of questions.

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 7,417
Hopefully they send out some IEM's for people to demo here at head fi.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #15 of 7,417
quite tempted to get this custom since the price is lower that the JH which is sound alomost similar to it! Review soon!

Found it!

Quote:
I have been looking at investing in a pair of customs for some time now. During my review hunt, these popped up from a comment someone posted about their top of the line sounding as good as the JH13's (from a pcmag review). Quite a bold statement; but it peaks my interest, considering their top of the line quad driver goes for $550 
ksc75smile.gif

Website
Facebook page (lots of pics)

Any thoughts or experiences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back