1964 Ears
Sep 26, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #5,358 of 7,417
Oh wow
basshead.gif
 I got my V6 today. First impression was like rocking my home full-sized can K701 in my ear canal on the go. I will update some photos later when I am home. The stock cable is no good at all. After a large force of pulling the stock cable out of the socket as they were extremely tight, I replaced it with my Ranko silver and copper occ cable. The soundstage is crazy (coming from IE80 which is known for a huge soundstage). Now, I can hear some heights with the instruments before it was just width and depth. I will talk about the build quality which is fantastic later. Even without burning in, I am in love with my V6. Combined with my X5, bass is tight (unlike IE80 with a slight bass hump), mid is centered perfectly, and high is smooth and detailed without even a slight bit of sibilance.

I also borrowed my friend's dx90 for a comparison. I can say now X5 is a perfect match for the V6 because the vocal, bass, mids are just better with the X5. The highs on the x5 and the dx90 are pretty much the same because V6's high is so smooth way above my expectation of a balanced armature. I guess this is why the official site said V6 takes transparency into a whole new level.

But make sure you roll the firmware on the X5 back to Version 2.0.7 instead of the newest Version 2.2 because 2.2 slows down all the instruments.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #5,359 of 7,417
  Oh wow
basshead.gif
 I got my V6 today. First impression was like rocking my home full-sized can K701 in my ear canal on the go. I will update some photos later when I am home. The stock cable is no good at all. After a large force of pulling the stock cable out of the socket as they were extremely tight, I replaced it with my Ranko silver and copper occ cable. The soundstage is crazy (coming from IE80 which is known for a huge soundstage). Now, I can hear some heights with the instruments before it was just width and depth. I will talk about the build quality which is fantastic later. Even without burning in, I am in love with my V6. Combined with my X5, bass is tight (unlike IE80 with a slight bass hump), mid is centered perfectly, and high is smooth and detailed without even a slight bit of sibilance.

I also borrowed my friend's dx90 for a comparison. I can say now X5 is a perfect match for the V6 because the vocal, bass, mids are just better with the X5. The highs on the x5 and the dx90 are pretty much the same because V6's high is so smooth way above my expectation of a balanced armature. I guess this is why the official site said V6 takes transparency into a whole new level.

But make sure you roll the firmware on the X5 back to Version 2.0.7 instead of the newest Version 2.2 because 2.2 slows down all the instruments.

how about the fitting?when i got my V6S,left is perfect fit right almost 95% fit.just thinking send it back to remake or not..

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #5,360 of 7,417
  how about the fitting?when i got my V6S,left is perfect fit right almost 95% fit.just thinking send it back to remake or not..

Mine did not have a problem with fittings because my impressions were done twice by a popular local audiologist. The audiologist did not like the first impression since the shape was not completely filled. So yeah, here is the picture =)

It feels very comfortable without leaking any seal.
atsmile.gif

NIVEBL, what do you mean by 95%? If it does not leak seal which means the bass is balance from left to right, I don't think you need to remake. Maybe just a refit, like adding or trimming material, to make it comfortable for you.

Sep 27, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #5,361 of 7,417

Mine did not have a problem with fittings because my impressions were done twice by a popular local audiologist. The audiologist did not like the first impression since the shape was not completely filled. So yeah, here is the picture =)

It feels very comfortable without leaking any seal.
atsmile.gif

NIVEBL, what do you mean by 95%? If it does not leak seal which means the bass is balance from left to right, I don't think you need to remake. Maybe just a refit, like adding or trimming material, to make it comfortable for you.

seems like i can hear some voice from outside when open my mouth maximum

Sep 27, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #5,362 of 7,417
So much bling =O

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #5,363 of 7,417
After much research i thought the Qi was destined for me. Went to a local store to try both the V3 and the Qi and I have to say, the V3 sounds much better to me.

The Qi felt slightly congested and highs were slightly lacking. To compensate, I put my usual favourite Rock EQ on that made the bass great but the high's slightly fatiguing. Mids were also not as satisfactory as I would have liked.

On its own, I did not like the V3. But putting on the Rock EQ (on both Iphone 4S as well as Colorfly C3 + Fiio E12), the mids became less congested (i do not like excessive or thick mids), the bass became deeper and tighter and harder hitting (all good in my books) and the highs gained a certain airiness and sparkle that just bordered between too much and too little. Will have to see if it is too much.

In my excitement and rush for time forgot to try the V6S... D'OH! Will have to go back one of these days. The V6S is about $2-300 pricier than the V3 though. Needa figure out how the 3D soundstage and Triple Bore Design affects SQ in reality.

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #5,364 of 7,417
After much research i thought the Qi was destined for me. Went to a local store to try both the V3 and the Qi and I have to say, the V3 sounds much better to me.

The Qi felt slightly congested and highs were slightly lacking. To compensate, I put my usual favourite Rock EQ on that made the bass great but the high's slightly fatiguing. Mids were also not as satisfactory as I would have liked.

On its own, I did not like the V3. But putting on the Rock EQ (on both Iphone 4S as well as Colorfly C3 + Fiio E12), the mids became less congested (i do not like excessive or thick mids), the bass became deeper and tighter and harder hitting (all good in my books) and the highs gained a certain airiness and sparkle that just bordered between too much and too little. Will have to see if it is too much.

In my excitement and rush for time forgot to try the V6S... D'OH! Will have to go back one of these days. The V6S is about $2-300 pricier than the V3 though. Needa figure out how the 3D soundstage and Triple Bore Design affects SQ in reality.

The triple bore helps in creating a better soundstage and separation as previously the 2 bore design the lows and mids shares the same bore.

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5,367 of 7,417
  Oh wow
basshead.gif

This is going to make waiting for mine so much harder!

Sep 28, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #5,369 of 7,417
Can't wait to get my V6S. It just updated to 9/10 stage. Wonder how long do they usually ship. Anyone knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back