1964 Ears
Jun 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #4,952 of 7,417
Not me. :p

Here's mine. Still thinking if the $250 difference of V6-Stage makes a big difference.

uzezybut.jpg

Thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nice myself I would swap sides. Therefore red is right and blue is left

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #4,954 of 7,417
Nice myself I would swap sides. Therefore red is right and blue is left

Agreed, if the left was red it would bother the crap out of me. (Red always corresponds with right in audio).

I guess personal preference. I like the right side blue. I am right-handed, blue is my favorite color, so, there. lol

Easier recognition IMO.

Jun 4, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #4,955 of 7,417
Jun 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #4,956 of 7,417
Hmm. This?

egune2at.jpg

smily_headphones1.gif

Yep...

This was mine...

Will the soft canals affect the sound or just preference? I don't mind adding $25 long as it will make it better (or comfortable, if that's the case).

Did you choose recessed sockets?

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #4,957 of 7,417
Universals cannot have recessed sockets, the buds are really small - and there are a crapload of BA's in there - biggins too.

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #4,958 of 7,417
I can't say for certain, but I don't think the solid faceplate with translucent shells would look that great if they are the same color. They will be different shades and look a bit off.

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #4,959 of 7,417
Will the soft canals affect the sound or just preference? I don't mind adding $25 long as it will make it better (or comfortable, if that's the case).

Did you choose recessed sockets?

Just a comment on soft acrylic canals.  I have not seen the 1964 version of soft canals, but I did have soft-canals on one pair of my Ultimate Ears back when they offered the option.  I had one pair of UE standard and one pair of the UE soft-canals, both made from the same impressions.    They were not bad, but they were really not any more comfortable (they really are not especially soft).  They also were a little harder to wipe off.  Finally, UE had a lot of trouble with the soft acrylic separating from the hard acrylic.  A lot of us had free repairs.   Again, this might not apply to 1964, but just wanted to mention it.

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #4,960 of 7,417

I think i'm going to get this design! What do you guys think? 

Does the white cable oxidize and turn green? If so, should I get black?

I think this looks great!  Really like the colored translucent faceplate with clear.  Regarding the cables, all of my clear have oxidized green.  (Wonder if silver cables oxidize black or stay silver?)    I finally got tired of it and went black, even though for a design like this I like clear better.  

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #4,961 of 7,417
Well, finally ordered a set of V8s.  Since I have a set of transparent blue UEs, I wanted to go a little wilder on this pair.  Lots of good photos out there, so decided on Teak . . .
Transparent brown bodies, and a red tip to help me identify Right.  (Initials are in Papyrus font.  Thought it looked nice with the teak)

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #4,963 of 7,417
I have dark blue faces with translucent gray bodies.  I love the way they look.  The red and black look damn good, though, too.  That's a tough choice.  I think I would go with the black if I had my choice.  Goes better with the clear body. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #4,964 of 7,417
I also have dark blue with clear on the ones I purchased years ago.  Nice look.  But I think black is a little more current.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back