1964 Ears
Jun 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #4,936 of 7,417
  There are no real dogs at this price point - the above poster is correct - it is all about signature. 3-way CIEMs often are "fun" signatures with emphasis on upper and lower frequencies (V3, N3, 3A, JH7....) you really can't go too wrong - I'm sure I'm missing mentioning a CIEM that is garbage, but it doesn't come to mind. Any one you pick is going to be superior to what you have been listening to - at this point, I would let logistics enter into the equation - all things being sort of equal, which transaction will be the easiest? Which refit will be the easiest should you need one... IMHO

EDIT: If it was me, I would probably buy the >1yr old UM Miracle in the FS thread and reshell the person!
evil_smiley.gif

yeah, I think this is the one of the best options if you are limited in budget, but to me the tuning is questionable for reshells.  I saw a video of 1964 ears, and recall part in the clip where there is a guy that is verifying the FR, making sure it's tuned right.  Does Inearz do that?  Also, how would reshellers other than UM, know the FR to tune to if they have a capability?

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #4,937 of 7,417
  yeah, I think this is the one of the best options if you are limited in budget, but to me the tuning is questionable for reshells.  I saw a video of 1964 ears, and recall part in the clip where there is a guy that is verifying the FR, making sure it's tuned right.  Does Inearz do that?  Also, how would reshellers other than UM, know the FR to tune to if they have a capability?

I understand how you are worried, that is why I am worried about getting a cheap reshell from InEarz and would rather get a whole CIEM from 1964ears. I will probably order one soon with a black faceplate and transparent shell, kind of boring but cannot think of any other designs.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #4,938 of 7,417

I have had 3 reshells done with Inearz - when I asked about the tuning, they state the way they keep the FreqPhase intact is keeping the tubing sizes and lengths uniform from the original Custom - understand that Inearz is a division of Fisher Hearing - a hearing aid shop - they have the technical prowess to check their work - it isn't a guy in his basement 
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #4,940 of 7,417
I like it - big fan of clear with colored caps - you could even go solid red and it would be cool.... Black cable won't look as nice as clear, but they can oxidize - maybe ask 1964 about it - not all clear cables do....

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #4,942 of 7,417
So the Noble 4C and V6-Stage are priced at $699. What are the differences? Anyone who has heard/tried both?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #4,944 of 7,417
Not me. :p

Here's mine. Still thinking if the $250 difference of V6-Stage makes a big difference.

uzezybut.jpg

Thoughts?

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #4,945 of 7,417
So the Noble 4C and V6-Stage are priced at $699. What are the differences? Anyone who has heard/tried both?

The main reason why people get lured to noble is because of their design. The main reason why people get lured to 1964 ears is because of value.
Generally speaking, you can get more bang for your buck with 1964 ears if you choose a sound signature you like.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #4,947 of 7,417
1964 does nice work with their gold inserts - they float in the acrylic...

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #4,948 of 7,417
Not me.
tongue.gif

Here's mine. Still thinking if the $250 difference of V6-Stage makes a big difference.

uzezybut.jpg

Thoughts?

Go gold with both logos - be bold - go gold!

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #4,949 of 7,417
Since everyone else is doing it.... Here's what I've got designed.

Props to the math nerds who get it. :D
Hoping to find time to schedule an audiologist appointment soon, so I can place my order for the V6 when I have the funds in order!

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #4,950 of 7,417

Users who are viewing this thread

Back