1964 Ears
Jan 31, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #4,577 of 7,417
  Well, where to start.

1964 Ears is laughable, that is my experience, let me explain before I shut the door and hopefully prevent someone from the same experience.

I attempted to contact them for a demo Mid December by phone and eMail, (tomorrow is February) weeks went by until I received an apology from Alex in Marketing and Sales saying he would arrange a Demo.  That was after my original phone call went unreturned, with a further two week eMail response delay.  I was actually pleased with their eMail contact, hey maybe they are able and willing.  I then decided to place an order rather than wait for the demo, they seemed real at this point.  So, I had my impressions made and as advised I sent photos as instructed, they said they would advise if the impressions were acceptable.  Well, since January 10th, nothing, nada, zilch, from the eMail I sent to the attention of Alex Polyakov in S&M, zero response as of today the end of January and my patience for a company who rely upon service, because after all it is all about CUSTOM, no off the shelf.

Seems to me the company is too busy or too disorganized to deal with buyers.  As of today I will not follow through to purchase because I am concerned that not only do they not respond to requests, 1964 DeafEars likely will have many other delays as many other frustrated potential CIEM buyers have written about here on the Head-Fi "1964 DeafEars Appreciation Thread" HA!  I figure when and or if there is a problem with the product they likely will not effectively deal with it.  

Let's face it, if they have already taken your money and spent it, the rest simply chews into their profit.  NO, this company has had 7 weeks to reasonably respond with only delays and silence, other than the noted return eMail response from S&M.

Good luck to anyone choosing to buy this product, I can certainly advise there is no service!  Beware of 1964 DeafEars, I vote NO!

With all due respect, yeah where to start. How old are you??
Reads like a sour grapes/whiney emotional response, and you are posting that here instead of calling them to attempt a resolution????

How many times did you make the effort to call them?  
They've answered the phone every time I called. Of course they ARE pacific time, so no-one would be there at 10 am Eastern.
I've talked with Alex and got emails from him and Rachel - they replied to all mine within 24 hrs.
Could be they never got your email - it's not infallible you know.

Based on the research I did (a LOT) before going with 1964, they are small, busy, have a great price:value ratio and a very good reputation, with a 4-5 week turnaround time.
I ordered mine on the new website on Mon Jan 6th.
They received impressions on the Fri 10th.  
I received email notification with order status links on Mon 13th.
No change for 2 weeks.
Mon 27th,status changed to impressions trimmed.
Fri Jan 31st, status changed to shells poured.

They are on track.
Did you create an account on their new website?

Let's see if Alex/Vitaly respond...

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #4,580 of 7,417
  If you are not used to, nor have ever used CIEM molds, then yes, they may take some getting used to but.. not long.
You might feel some initial discomfort, but they shouldn't "hurt".. they can be annoying if you've been wearing them for an extended length of time, but the whole point behind getting impressions made is that the resulting molds you get should FIT your ear like a glove, and be comfortable.

Give it a few days. Extend the amount of time they are in your ears each day. If they hurt after a couple of minutes, or hurt enough to cause you to remove them after 15 min or an hour, and you can't wear them for a longer stretch each day, then you will need to contact 1964's customer support (Alex?) and talk to them/him about sending them back for a refit.

PS: Those ears look sweet !!

PPS: Mine have been in "IMPRESSIONS TRIMMED" state for 3 days now... hope to see a status change today.. soon?

UPDATED: spelling, grammar

I am going to wear it for a day or two more on longer days to find out :D 

no that didn't happen to me. if i were you i would use them a couple days more and if it still hurts i would call 1964 and a reshell.
anyway enjoy!
really like the foam padding inside the box that comes with the newer ones. mine didn't :S

sorry to hear, my experience was actually quite pleasing. i ordered a v3 called them once whether they had my impressions and money they said yes. 4 weeks later tada! v3 arrived.
but you need to understand they are a small company and demand is high. they don't even have a employee sitting behind a desk picking up the phone. you just need to call now and then and try to reach them. 

I guess they upgraded!

I will decide soon, I actually gotta contact 1964 as well... I noticed a little part of the IEM's carbon is not shiny, might have not been buffed correctly... Going to ask them about that! 

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #4,581 of 7,417

I am going to wear it for a day or two more on longer days to find out :D 

I guess they upgraded!

I will decide soon, I actually gotta contact 1964 as well... I noticed a little part of the IEM's carbon is not shiny, might have not been buffed correctly... Going to ask them about that! 

could you show us a pic of that ?
luckly mine didn't had hotspots or anything at all. 
i couple monts ago i manage to crack the shell
blink.gif

so i send them back and they said the damage was not under warranty the said that they would charge me 25 bucks for repairing with will show  some marks. or i could choose for a remold which would cost me a lot more. half the original remold price. which was 125 don't quote me on that.
i choose the 25 bucks repair option.

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #4,585 of 7,417
Mine went to Shipped last night!
rolleyes.gif

For those who wonder, here are the steps

1. Order Received
2. Impressions Accepted 
3. Impressions detailing?
4. Impressions trimmed
5. Shells poured
6. Assembled
7. Faceplate Applied
8. Graphics completed
9. Buffing Completed
10. Shipped

There are no fixed deadlines for each step, it also depends on the rush orders. So please stop sending me PMs about how long it takes to go from one step to another
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #4,586 of 7,417
Originally Posted by Phidailo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For anyone who is curious about turnaround time.

Timeline updated - 2/5/14

Again I paid for rush processing and 2 day delivery

1/22 Order Received
1/27 Impressions Accepted
2/3 Shipped
2/5 Out for delivery

Thanks,

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #4,587 of 7,417
Hey guys, I'm thinking about taking a dive into 1964 ears, but I've not been much of an IEM guy. Can anyone attest to how, generally, 1964's CIEMs match up to equivalently priced full-sized headphones, specifically orthodynamics?

Thanks!

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #4,588 of 7,417
Wow. 1964 ears could really use some help in the shipping department. Does it really take 4 days to final test and make a case? I emailed yesterday asking when an approximate ship date would be, and they said the order was finished and should ship today...no dice. :frowning2: so bummed. I don't want to speak ill of the company, but it's a little frustrating.

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #4,589 of 7,417
Wow. 1964 ears could really use some help in the shipping department. Does it really take 4 days to final test and make a case? I emailed yesterday asking when an approximate ship date would be, and they said the order was finished and should ship today...no dice.
frown.gif
so bummed. I don't want to speak ill of the company, but it's a little frustrating.

By end of day Thursday, mine will have been sitting as SHELLS POURED status for FOUR days!!

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #4,590 of 7,417
Mine were at "Shells Poured" for 5 days (I think). The day after that they changed to ASSEMBLED, then the next day (today) they are on Faceplates Applied. I'm hoping the progress keeps marching on.

MistahBungle, your comment made me laugh a little too hard. It sounds exactly like that. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back