1964 Ears
Jan 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #3,648 of 7,417
Jan 31, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #3,650 of 7,417
I guess I would hate them then. Are there any graphs of the V6 to look at i cant find any? Really dont want an IEM thats got thick and overpowering low end that really ****s up the mids. Frankly I dont like much bass atall.

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #3,652 of 7,417
Quote:
I guess I would hate them then. Are there any graphs of the V6 to look at i cant find any? Really dont want an IEM thats got thick and overpowering low end that really ****s up the mids. Frankly I dont like much bass atall.

I don't think it ruins the mids, but the Quads do pack a punch. I like tight-as-a-drum and impactful bass - not boomy subwoofer bass. The GR07 handles the low end just the way I like it.

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #3,653 of 7,417
Quote:

Have you read any reviews of the V3? Check out Project86's review here, and Joker's review here.

I doubt you would hate them and think they "*** up the mids"

Something like the Alclair Reference might be more to your liking though.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #3,654 of 7,417
Ive had more than one person mention the Alclair to me. I dont think they are available in the UK.

I think ive settled on Unique Melody Mage, the frequency is flat enough and ive read that it doesnt have a lot of bass despite its drivers.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #3,655 of 7,417
Quote:
Ive had more than one person mention the Alclair to me. I dont think they are available in the UK.

I think ive settled on Unique Melody Mage, the frequency is flat enough and ive read that it doesnt have a lot of bass despite its drivers.

Not going into a lot of details as to why but I'd highly recommend you to consider V6 over the Mage. Really! You'll thank me later :) 

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #3,656 of 7,417
Quote:
Not going into a lot of details as to why but I'd highly recommend you to consider V6 over the Mage. Really! You'll thank me later :) 

Why do you suggest that?

Bass is the issue here the less there is the better (Not quite, some would be nice, but I wouldnt want it to bleed over the mids).

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3,657 of 7,417
It's highly unlikely a ciem at this price point would have bass that bleeds into the mids. Maybe they blend nicely, but no bleeding.

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #3,658 of 7,417
Quote:
It's highly unlikely a ciem at this price point would have bass that bleeds into the mids. Maybe they blend nicely, but no bleeding.

Oh yeah for sure. But I dont want to get lumped with a CIEM I hate. The UM3X ive got now needs the volume cranking up to get the mids to decent listening level. Which brings the bass to the point where my ears ring after listening for 20 minutes.

Im just trying to determine which might be the best fit for my taste.

From what ive read the Mage would best suit my taste.

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #3,659 of 7,417
Quote:

Why do you suggest that?

Bass is the issue here the less there is the better (Not quite, some would be nice, but I wouldnt want it to bleed over the mids).

Having followed the UM thread for a while, and NOT having heard the Mages myself, that was my two cents. 1964 Ears' turn out time is quite fast and their customer service is top notch. Another factor is the price. I suggested V6 for you because the bass is very controlled, not boomy or bleeding into the mids or the highs, there's actually no frequency that jumps out at you at the expense of the others. Again, I wouldn't want you to hate me if V6 turn out to be too bassy for you as I don't know your taste but if you consider the price and customer service, I'd go with the V6. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #3,660 of 7,417
Thanks, the mage is £100 cheaper. I listen to fast metal. Not heavy or deep stuff though. I dont doubt either would be too bassy actually but im a little torn now as to which to get.

Which would produce more bass? Looking at the graphs the V6 might be better as the bass drops by 150 but I figured the mage might be a bit more balanced. Bit concerned about the dip in the middle, what will that mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back