1964 EARS V6 Thread
Apr 5, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #632 of 931
Going to get the second ciem. V6 vs Miracle?

The Miracle is ultimately better, but not by much. I posted my impressions for both of them awhile back. My opinion, get the V6s and be happy.

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #634 of 931
Quote:
HI, can you please point me to all reviews of V6? I found really nice from JoshuaChew, from audio head and completly useless review on cnet. Is there any mroe?

Hi, I sent mine's in for a refit because the left ear was a little too big. I'll do a full write-up next week when I get them back. The V6's have incredibly accurate sound, I had a hard time pinning down emphasis in any one area. The high's are not necessarily over accentuated, they're crystal clear and very well defined. Bass is present and well-controlled when needed, but it may not be enough for people who want that extra umph. 

I'm probably one of the limited number of people on this site who have owned at least 4 custom IEMs within a short span of time. The Westone ES5, Earsonics EM4, 1964 Triple (older model), and now the 1964 V-6. I need more listening time with the V6's. Right now I will say they're not equal with the ES5, or the EM4. The performance might be 80-90% of $1,000+ CIEMs. 

Overall it comes down to what flavor of sound you want. The Earsonic EM4's have a beautiful midrange which I just love, and the ES5's are nearly flawless. Will get back to you after some more listening. 

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #635 of 931
Update edits:

Sheesh, ups and downs like a stock market. My V6 arrived today.

But I broke the pins on an aftermarket cable while trying to replace the stock cable. Luckily, I had a pair of pliers with me.

Now back to the stock cable. Wondering whether to purchase another aftermarket CIEM cable for this V6.

Do I even deserve to be covered by warranty for the aftermarket cable?

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #636 of 931
How long did the whole process take? I am waiting for mine and it has only been a week so far.

Why not get use to the stock cable first before deciding on a after market cable?

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #637 of 931
Quote:
How long did the whole process take? I am waiting for mine and it has only been a week so far.

Why not get use to the stock cable first before deciding on a after market cable?

4 to 5 weeks. My ear impressions were received by 1964 Ears staff in early March.

You definitely have a point there about not spending the extra money.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #639 of 931
Wondering whether to purchase another aftermarket CIEM cable for this V6?

I've been very happy with my Starlight cables from BTG Audio. They tamed a tendency towards silibance with my V3's. Also, Brian is easy to deal with.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #641 of 931
Quote:
4 to 5 weeks. My ear impressions were received by 1964 Ears staff in early March.

You definitely have a point there about not spending the extra money.

argh.....looks like another 4 weeks more. Should have paid for a rush order.
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back