1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 29, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #7,171 of 9,124
I tried the medium spiral dots on my u6 and I noticed that the length is not enough for the entire length of the nozzle. The part of the nozzle sticking out irritates my ear. Now waiting for my spinfits to arrive

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #7,172 of 9,124
 I find comply kill the treble. If you are using foam, try using silicone. I love JVC Spiral Dots with 64 stuff. The bore is big enough to completely get out of the way of the nozzle and let the iem do its thing.

That was the impression that I've read before, always heard that they were treble killers, and I'm just looking for a bit more air and treble emphasis. Glad to hear that JVC spiral dots fit our IEMs. Will be my next purchase.

If the medium Comply's fit me well, would the medium spiral dot be similar in size?

Thanks!
the medium spiral dots are smaller. :)

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #7,173 of 9,124
I tried the medium spiral dots on my u6 and I noticed that the length is not enough for the entire length of the nozzle. The part of the nozzle sticking out irritates my ear. Now waiting for my spinfits to arrive

From the JHA Angie thread:
If your tips are too short for the nozzle, spacers are the way to go.

I make them myself. Just cut a very small piece off the stem of one of your silicon tips. Preferably cheap ones you'll never use. That's what I have now for the 64Audio U12. The nozzle pokes out the top of my Medium Spiral Dots, but a super thin spacer makes it perfect.

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #7,174 of 9,124
After a few weeks of listening to my U10, I'm noticing that there is a bit of a lack of air in the upper frequencies, and there is a particular high frequency range that is a bit soft for my tastes. Everything else sounds awesome. 

Would going to different tips than the stock Comply's boost the treble a bit?

Also try spinfit if you can, I found it to work very well with my U12 :)

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #7,175 of 9,124

From the JHA Angie thread:
If your tips are too short for the nozzle, spacers are the way to go.

I make them myself. Just cut a very small piece off the stem of one of your silicon tips. Preferably cheap ones you'll never use. That's what I have now for the 64Audio U12. The nozzle pokes out the top of my Medium Spiral Dots, but a super thin spacer makes it perfect.
silly me how can i have missed that? I`ll try it later at home. Thanks!

Oct 30, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #7,176 of 9,124
That was the impression that I've read before, always heard that they were treble killers, and I'm just looking for a bit more air and treble emphasis. Glad to hear that JVC spiral dots fit our IEMs. Will be my next purchase.

If the medium Comply's fit me well, would the medium spiral dot be similar in size?

Thanks!

The spiral dots would fit but they need a spacer. U can pm me for a tutorial. I find that the blue stem eartips from noble work very well to and do not need a spacer.

Oct 30, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #7,178 of 9,124
  Do you guys recommend switching to the apex m20 module? I just got the ADEL u8 a few weeks ago and they sound great, but I looked into it and I'm seriously considering buying it.

Also dyu guys think I should buy a new cable? I'm thinking of buying one and I have no idea where to look, any recommendations would be appreciated (<$150 please)

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #7,179 of 9,124
  Also dyu guys think I should buy a new cable? I'm thinking of buying one and I have no idea where to look, any recommendations would be appreciated (<$150 please)

What is your reason for changing the cable? is it for sound? I think trying different modules, tips and/or using impedance adapter would change/improve the sound more than a cable upgrade. If for ergonomic purposes, I would suggest linum cable. I use the Linum music mmcx with my Fidue A83 and it disappears. Plus, there is a slight improvement in sound.

I am considering norne therium for my U6 but first I would buy the B1 module and an impedance adapter and see if I like the sound already.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #7,181 of 9,124

U should look into null audio for that

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #7,182 of 9,124

Do you like the S1 module?
I also bought the B1 for my U8. Bass punch is less but it opens up the soundstage a bit. For the moment I'm back to the S1 module for the slam.

Cable: would the Linum BaX cable be something you'd fancy?
I like their cables a lot. Sometimes a bit springy because they are almost weigtless :D
It doesn't alter the sound much, if any, from what I hear. I changed from stock because I was already scraping off some plastic from the IEM-side connector. The used plastics are to soft in my opinion.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #7,183 of 9,124

Don't waste your money on cable unless you want to have a DAP or DAC/AMP that have a balanced connection, then you can buy a cable to use with that source. You can spend less on a module that will really chance the sound not a stupid cable.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #7,184 of 9,124
Don't waste your money on cable unless you want to have a DAP or DAC/AMP that have a balanced connection, then you can buy a cable to use with that source. You can spend less on a module that will really chance the sound not a stupid cable.

I do agree that the modules make a larger difference but I do believe that a cable can also make a difference, however small. I personally use the null audio vitesse copper,and have noticed an improvement in resolution and clarity, not to mention bass and treble extension too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back