1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 12, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #7,036 of 9,124
I have a few notions about capitalism and that is not it.

It is capitalism, sadly.

If your product sells at its listed price, it is legitimately within the market's tolerance. However insane that seems in this instance, the Free Market wins out.

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #7,038 of 9,124
Oct 12, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #7,040 of 9,124
And the market tends to punish companies much above market price without (real or perceived) added value...time will tell if this impression will be shared by others : http://www.head-fi.org/t/822365/2016-canjam-rmaf-impressions-denver/180#post_12930158

I did spend some time with the Tias, but I feel like they're not worth $3,500. To me the Tias seemed like a "proof of concept" that 64 could actually make an earphone with resonating chambers to help produce the sound... not them actually focusing on making them sound good enough to be worth that price. Yes, they sound very good, but not $3,500 good. Compare 3.5k to your other options - you've got the Noble K10 and even the brand new Empire Ears Zeus for significantly less. Is the Tia better than those? In my opinion, no.

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #7,041 of 9,124
And the market tends to punish companies much above market price without (real or perceived) added value...time will tell if this impression will be shared by others : http://www.head-fi.org/t/822365/2016-canjam-rmaf-impressions-denver/180#post_12930158

I do very much hope the market relapses some on Audiophile products. I can't afford even the $2000 range. But so far it seems like there's just no limit to what this market is willing to spend on more drivers (EE Zeus) and special initiatives (Rhapsodio Galaxy).

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #7,042 of 9,124
I do very much hope the market relapses some on Audiophile products. I can't afford even the $2000 range. But so far it seems like there's just no limit to what this market is willing to spend on more drivers (EE Zeus) and special initiatives (Rhapsodio Galaxy).

The bubble is forming, so to speak. Maybe it'll burst in 1-2 years. Maybe I sound a bit jaded but remember when the holy trinity of UIEMs were SE846, IE800 and K3003? That seems like a long time ago.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #7,043 of 9,124
The bubble is forming, so to speak. Maybe it'll burst in 1-2 years. Maybe I sound a bit jaded but remember when the holy trinity of UIEMs were SE846, IE800 and K3003? That seems like a long time ago.
Yes, but the current top is honestly not night and day better than these three...despite what some over enthusiasts say.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #7,044 of 9,124
Hey guys, regarding the APEX technology, the pneumatic pressure is only an issue with Balanced armatures right? The bass ports in hybrids or dynamic units should allow some airflow to the unit. I find the idea of reducing pressure quite interesting

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #7,045 of 9,124
What is the promo code, 15% is not much but better them full retail price 

No promo code needed. It applies automatically when you start the purchasing process.

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #7,046 of 9,124
Hey guys, regarding the APEX technology, the pneumatic pressure is only an issue with Balanced armatures right? The bass ports in hybrids or dynamic units should allow some airflow to the unit. I find the idea of reducing pressure quite interesting

True that earphone with vent or bass port don't have this pressure, however, not all dynamic/hybrid is free of this. For instance, in my experience, FX850 and TWF41 don't have this pressure, but my other dynamics like SE215, Echobox X1 and Shozy Zero all have these pressure. So that depends a lot to the design of the earphone. One thing I noticed about ADEL/APEX, is that this relieve the pressure without sacrificing isolation much (depends to the module of course). So I found the U12 with S1 is much better in isolation than the vented FX850 and TWF41.

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #7,048 of 9,124

No, the pneumatic pressure is a thing whenever you seal something into your ear canal, regardless of dynamic driver or armatures. Armatures work like billows for starting a fire (you know those weird lookin things). Speakers work like pistons, without a way for that pressure to be released, they bias the ear drum so it's not as sensitive as it would be otherwise, plus the speakers are also fighting against that pressure. So both speaker & ear drum aren't able to perform to their maximum potential. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #7,049 of 9,124
Hi guys, Im in the market for a new IEM to replace/upgrade from westone w3
I was wondering which IEM in the 64audio lineup would you recommend? 
Based on the description Im guessing U3 would be close but I'm not too sure since most reviews focus more on the high end model

thanks 

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #7,050 of 9,124
Hi guys, Im in the market for a new IEM to replace/upgrade from westone w3
I was wondering which IEM in the 64audio lineup would you recommend? 
Based on the description Im guessing U3 would be close but I'm not too sure since most reviews focus more on the high end model

thanks 

How much are you willing to spend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back