1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Aug 22, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #6,152 of 9,124
That was a U4 designed only for the Asian market.

That's interesting. Can you explain the difference in sound? Especially compared to either the u3 or u6? I received both of those from the summer sale.

Also I've never been someone that was a big believer in "burning in", but I think there has been improvement with these. Maybe the Adel unit is relaxing ever so slightly? I honestly thought the u6 was only a little better than the u3 at first. And honestly wasn't blown away with either. Both were very good. Just maybe a little smoother/duller than expected. But I am coming from etymotic er4's. Anyway I stuck with the u6. Mostly because I liked having punchy low end and wanted to like them. I used them at church yesterday for both services, then today for 4-5 hours of mixing. Once I got done I decided to check the u3's again. And there it was. The same sound I remembered from the first listen. So I swapped back to the u6. So much better. Much more detail and life. So do these burn-in? And is it maybe the Adel module? If so it makes sense to me that they would need to be in the ears and absorbing the pressure to "break-in". Anyone else agree?

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #6,153 of 9,124
  I don't think it's so much that it's better, I would say that Ike's point is probably the most spot-on overall. A few points that people usually bring up regarding the 6 vs 12 debate (other than the price) is many people feel that the 6 is less picky about the source than the 12. Which is a super important detail that I think gets over looked. If you're only coming out of a Fiio or a decent sounding phone, you'll probably think the the 6 sounds just as good, if not even better than the 12s. But once you plug into a more high end source (Chord products are my go-to), then the 12 edges out the 6 pretty easily. 

From what I recall, when both 6 & 12 are using the same S1 modules, I think the 6 was less veiled. I really like the 6, especially in that sector of the market. I listen to most IEMs that all the companies bring to meets/shows, I wouldn't say that EVERYBODY would think the 6 is best but when you ask people what they're considering in that price range, the 6 tends to be 1 of 2 models. (maybe an Empire or Noble is the other model being considered)

You need a additional $600 mojo chord to make the $2000 A12s sounds better than the $1200 A6( which most people are happy with from an average source)?

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #6,154 of 9,124

You need a additional $600 mojo chord to make the $2000 A12s sounds better than the $1200 A6( which most people are happy with from an average source)?

No, you don't NEED it, but it helps. 

@twister6 Does a really good job of comparing the two in his U6 review. The 12 just seems to be a bit more picky about sources than the 6.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-1964-ears-adel-u6/reviews/15984

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #6,155 of 9,124
Anybody know if the new u12 that sold with apex mdule is compatible with adel module. Thanks.

If you are thinking of buying now I would recommend buying one of the Adel U12's on the summer sale. You will save 25% AND be able to use the Adel or Apex modules.

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #6,158 of 9,124
Me too, have a quite interested on it. Can you explain more about the U4-SE?

From the summer sale page:

"The U4-SE Special Edition is the predecessor of the popular U4, but what makes the U4-SE 4 speaker design truly special is a leaner bass that allows the mids to be more transparent while still giving you incredible balance throughout all frequencies. This U4-SE was created for the more discerning listener that craves detail and clarity without giving up the presence of an impactful low end. In this Special Edition model we’ve placed the ADEL module even closer to the speakers to absorb pneumatic pressures before they enter the ear canal which gives it a wider and more transparent sound signature. The U4-SE is truly a Special Edition product. "

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #6,159 of 9,124
From the summer sale page:

"The U4-SE Special Edition is the predecessor of the popular U4, but what makes the U4-SE 4 speaker design truly special is a leaner bass that allows the mids to be more transparent while still giving you incredible balance throughout all frequencies. This U4-SE was created for the more discerning listener that craves detail and clarity without giving up the presence of an impactful low end. In this Special Edition model we’ve placed the ADEL module even closer to the speakers to absorb pneumatic pressures before they enter the ear canal which gives it a wider and more transparent sound signature. The U4-SE is truly a Special Edition product. "

Thx but I read already, haha
Just want to know why have this special edition and never see any website or forum have this before, and they also never sell before, summer sales suddenly got this model so feel like quite weird...

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #6,160 of 9,124
@shyn The U4-SE is a special edition of the U4 that was made to be distributed by one of our exclusive dealers for a limited time. After the apex modules were released, the distributor opted for the version with apex. The U4-SE’s included in the clearance sale come with the ADEL modules.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Aug 23, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #6,161 of 9,124
@shyn
 [COLOR=333333]The U4-SE is a special edition of the U4 that was made to be distributed by one of our exclusive dealers for a limited time. After the apex modules were released, the distributor opted for the version with apex. The U4-SE’s included in the clearance sale come with the ADEL modules.[/COLOR]

clear and understand. so may I ask for this U4-SE features and tech spec?

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #6,162 of 9,124
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to drop in and post some more information about the U4-SE...

Impedance: 12Ω @ 1kHz
Sensitivity: 116dB/mW
Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20kHz

The U4-SE features a dual-bore design which combines dual low drivers and a single mid driver into one bore and a single high driver into a second trumpeted bore, much like the older V-Series Qi model which was the inspiration for this special edition.  What's unique about the U4-SE is that the low and mid frequencies are fed directly into the ADEL bore, meaning that pneumatic pressure can be absorbed by the ADEL module before sound even reaches your ear canal.

The U4-SE was an experiment of ours with making the ADEL module and technology even more interactive with the sound before exiting the IEM and, coupled with a few minor changes to damping and crossover components, produces a sound signature that is unique when compared to the standard U4 or the older Qi.  The Special Edition model offers a touch less bass than a standard U4 or Qi... but a nice upper-mid bump and greater high-end extension, giving a more balanced and brighter sound signature.

- Chris

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #6,163 of 9,124
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to drop in and post some more information about the U4-SE...

Impedance: 12Ω @ 1kHz

Sensitivity: 116dB/mW

Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20kHz

The U4-SE features a dual-bore design which combines dual low drivers and a single mid driver into one bore and a single high driver into a second trumpeted bore, much like the older V-Series Qi model which was the inspiration for this special edition.  What's unique about the U4-SE is that the low and mid frequencies are fed directly into the ADEL bore, meaning that pneumatic pressure can be absorbed by the ADEL module before sound even reaches your ear canal.

The U4-SE was an experiment of ours with making the ADEL module and technology even more interactive with the sound before exiting the IEM and, coupled with a few minor changes to damping and crossover components, produces a sound signature that is unique when compared to the standard U4 or the older Qi.  The Special Edition model offers a touch less bass than a standard U4 or Qi... but a nice upper-mid bump and greater high-end extension, giving a more balanced and brighter sound signature.

- Chris

Thanks for your reply. Very interesting this one.

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #6,165 of 9,124
Can I ask for recommendation, if choosing only one module, g1 or b1, for U12 is better choice. I like bass quantity nearest to v6s

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back