1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jun 16, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #5,461 of 9,124

by house of worship I believe they are referring to contemporary church's. Myself being a Worship Leader at one of these kind of churches my 64 Ears are amazing! Most contemporary church's have a full band.

Yeah, someone else told me already, thanks!

I guess I'm just used to think of a church like a serene, austere place. In fact it makes sense for traditional church buildings as well, since the extreme acoustic reverb can make performing more difficult without in-ears.

Jun 16, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #5,462 of 9,124
I'm curious to know about the new release as well?  Any details so far and where did you hear?

thanks

Quote:

Hi Folks,

I'm currently listing potential IEMs and its very hard to decide as there are so many choices upto $1k range.

Can someone comment or provide some feedback between U5 vs U6 and how they compare to the likes of similar priced Westone's and IEM from Campfire Audio maybe Jupiter or Andromeda?

I know there are bits and pieces of feedback on U5 and U6 but hard to make out their sound signature. I believe the U5 is very unique in the sense that it has 4 highs and 1Mid/Low BA....Does this mean it doesn't have any bass at all?

thanks

Why not wait for the 64 audio bubbles? From what we've heard the bubbles are better in every way than traditional iems/ciems. It might be a few months, but worth it.

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #5,463 of 9,124
Just a quick one. I bought a new DAP recently (AK100ii, since you ask) and wanted to run it in before trying it out. I plugged in my A12s and left them playing for a couple of days. What I didn't expect was the A12s sound to really open up as a result.

I must state that I'm a bit of a 'burn in' skeptic, but my A12s have suddenly come to life. Maybe the modules have loosened or the earphones have just settled down. I don't know, but something has definitely happened, and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #5,464 of 9,124
  Just a quick one. I bought a new DAP recently (AK100ii, since you ask) and wanted to run it in before trying it out. I plugged in my A12s and left them playing for a couple of days. What I didn't expect was the A12s sound to really open up as a result.

I must state that I'm a bit of a 'burn in' skeptic, but my A12s have suddenly come to life. Maybe the modules have loosened or the earphones have just settled down. I don't know, but something has definitely happened, and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

I did that once I got my A6s - left it running at listening level every night for almost a week.Now, it's practically running daily for at least 2 hours, at times upto 6 hours during the day. I am seriously liking what I am hearing from it straight from iPhone 6+.

I have tested it for about an hour with Chord Mojo, and it sounds even better in that combination. However, I am holding my horses on Mojo currently. Not sure if I would want to add weight into the mix since I am mostly listening while I travel to work and back.

Although lately it has been in my ears while I work. LOL!

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #5,465 of 9,124

I thought you had your A12 for awhile now?  If so, you are probably hearing the effect of pair up with different sources.  Are you going from iPhone6 to iPhone6+Mojo and to AK100ii?  I have AK120ii, and it's smooth and detailed with less aggressive low end.  With A12 (are you using S1 or B1 modules?) by reducing low end impact you balance out the sound, which opens it up.  Also, keep in mind AK100ii burn in.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #5,466 of 9,124

I did that once I got my A6s - left it running at listening level every night for almost a week.Now, it's practically running daily for at least 2 hours, at times upto 6 hours during the day. I am seriously liking what I am hearing from it straight from iPhone 6+.

I have tested it for about an hour with Chord Mojo, and it sounds even better in that combination. However, I am holding my horses on Mojo currently. Not sure if I would want to add weight into the mix since I am mostly listening while I travel to work and back.

Although lately it has been in my ears while I work. LOL!

My A6 are on their way soon. I found the V6-S excellent with Mojo - I hope the A6 are as good.

I thought you had your A12 for awhile now?  If so, you are probably hearing the effect of pair up with different sources.  Are you going from iPhone6 to iPhone6+Mojo and to AK100ii?  I have AK120ii, and it's smooth and detailed with less aggressive low end.  With A12 (are you using S1 or B1 modules?) by reducing low end impact you balance out the sound, which opens it up.  Also, keep in mind AK100ii burn in.

Yes, I've had them a while, but probably only listened for about 25 hours (I have a newborn - time is precious!).

I was listening Hugo to A12, and after 'burning' them for a few days continuously I'm still listening with Hugo and A12. I'm using the B1 module - I didn't like the sound with S1 at all.

I had the AK120ii and, strangely, prefer the AK100ii. The AK120ii was too harsh on my ears.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #5,467 of 9,124

My A6 are on their way soon. I found the V6-S excellent with Mojo - I hope the A6 are as good.

Can't help you there. I have only listen to V6S once, and that was when I was looking to replace my LiveWire Duals. I could not decide then so I delayed my decision and lo and behold came the whole ADEL series demo kit, listen to all and narrow it down on A6 (could not A/B with V6S then since the retailer sold off all the old V series demo kits) basically due to the budget I had and prefer it compared to A5. although I have to say A5 sound signature was somewhat similar to the livewires where high mids and treble rules. A8 had just too much bass for me.

However, I do find it strange that since you have A12 and other IEMs, why do you still need an A6?

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #5,468 of 9,124

Can't help you there. I have only listen to V6S once, and that was when I was looking to replace my LiveWire Duals. I could not decide then so I delayed my decision and lo and behold came the whole ADEL series demo kit, listen to all and narrow it down on A6 (could not A/B with V6S then since the retailer sold off all the old V series demo kits) basically due to the budget I had and prefer it compared to A5. although I have to say A5 sound signature was somewhat similar to the livewires where high mids and treble rules. A8 had just too much bass for me.

However, I do find it strange that since you have A12 and other IEMs, why do you still need an A6?

I don't need an A6, or any of my other equipment :)

I already had the V6-S and took advantage of 64 Audio's upgrade offer. For me, the A12 doesn't match well with my Chord Mojo; the sound is too thick, warm and congested. My V6-S, however, sounded excellent with Mojo, and I want an IEM I can use with Mojo while traveling.

Also, I realised a while ago that the 'flagships' - the most expensive, TOTR IEMs - aren't necessarily the best. For example, I prefer Shure's SE535 over the SE846. I think the Westone W30 is better than the W40 and even the W60. It won't surprise me at all if I enjoy the A6 equally as much as the A12.

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #5,469 of 9,124

Yes, I've had them a while, but probably only listened for about 25 hours (I have a newborn - time is precious!).

I already had the V6-S and took advantage of 64 Audio's upgrade offer. For me, the A12 doesn't match well with my Chord Mojo; the sound is too thick, warm and congested. My V6-S, however, sounded excellent with Mojo, and I want an IEM I can use with Mojo while traveling.

Hey man, first of all congrats on the newborn! 

About the A12, one of the best things that 64 Audio did in their TOTL IEM line-up is, offer 2 IEMs that are identical in terms of technical capabilities but different in tuning/signature:
1. A10 for people who prefer a balanced sound and
2. A12 for people who prefer a warm sound

If you are finding your A12 to be warm and thick through the Mojo, there is a chance that A10 might be the better fit for you. You can try talking to 64-Audio, to see if there is a possibility to convert your A12 to A10. Just my 2 cents.

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #5,470 of 9,124

Hey man, first of all congrats on the newborn! 

About the A12, one of the best things that 64 Audio did in their TOTL IEM line-up is, offer 2 IEMs that are identical in terms of technical capabilities but different in tuning/signature:
1. A10 for people who prefer a balanced sound and
2. A12 for people who prefer a warm sound

If you are finding your A12 to be warm and thick through the Mojo, there is a chance that A10 might be the better fit for you. You can try talking to 64-Audio, to see if there is a possibility to convert your A12 to A10. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you! 

Converting the A12 to an A10 is a good suggestion. Actually, I'm happy with the warm-sounding A12 with my iPhone and my Hugo. It's just the pairing with Mojo that isn't to my taste. Even this might change when the MAMs are finally released and I can fully open them to decrease the bass.

Really enjoyed your A10 and Mojo reviews, BTW.

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #5,471 of 9,124

Thank you! 

Converting the A12 to an A10 is a good suggestion. Actually, I'm happy with the warm-sounding A12 with my iPhone and my Hugo. It's just the pairing with Mojo that isn't to my taste. Even this might change when the MAMs are finally released and I can fully open them to decrease the bass.

Cool. Now you say that, it's just making me more curious about the Hugo. TBH, I am trying to save up for the Dave. May be a few or more years down the line.

Thanks man!

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #5,472 of 9,124
Thank you! 

/quote]

Which module do you have? If it isn't really original S1, then get the B1. The A12's sound totally changes with the B1. The muddiness is gone, better treble, and even better soundstage.

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #5,473 of 9,124

Which module do you have? If it isn't really original S1, then get the B1. The A12's sound totally changes with the B1. The muddiness is gone, better treble, and even better soundstage.

I only use the B1 module now. Agree that it sounds much better that the S1. I'd go as far as saying the S1 module is incompatible with the A12.

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #5,474 of 9,124
Cool. Now you say that, it's just making me more curious about the Hugo. TBH, I am trying to save up for the Dave. May be a few or more years down the line.

Thanks man!

I have both the Hugo and Mojo, Hugo is what I love. But of course DAVE is worth saving for. With Hugo driving my U12, the sound is addictive.

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #5,475 of 9,124
I have both the Hugo and Mojo, Hugo is what I love. But of course DAVE is worth saving for. With Hugo driving my U12, the sound is addictive.

Well... I guess my savings will have to make a pit-stop at the Hugo 
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back