1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #2,881 of 9,124
  I finally received my U12 with auto module today (upgraded model from Ambient12) after 13 months of waiting, will post more impression in a few days, but first impression it is head and shoulder above anything that I have heard before, period.

It is fantastic and gets better. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #2,882 of 9,124
Gets better? 
wink_face.gif

When they release the manual module, I think I would get that too, apparently they said it is user replaceable 

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #2,886 of 9,124
Boo, my A12 I ordered on black friday was on track to arrive before Christmas, but there was a problem with my custom artworks not being able to print on translucent faceplates. There should be better guidelines on what's feasible on the designer. Hopefully there won' be a delay, and I can join the club soon :D

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #2,887 of 9,124
[COLOR=000080]Cyber Monday Sale[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080]Did you miss the Black Friday savings? TODAY ONLY, get 20% off all A-Series, U-Series, V6-Stage, V8 In-Ear Monitors. Sale ends today, November, 30th at 11:59pm PST.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080]Order at[/COLOR] [COLOR=000080]www.1964ears.com[/COLOR] [COLOR=000080]and use promo code: CM15 at checkout. Open to all international customers.[/COLOR]

Oh, I wouldn't give my a12 up for any other iem.:tongue:

Try Solar:wink:

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #2,888 of 9,124
Mojo pairing with A12 and iPhone 5 via CCK:

Gear: Iphone 5 w/cck, MacbookPro, Mojo, 64 Audio ADEL A12

Let me begin by saying that I don't speak fancy audiophile lingo, I'm just a normal guy who's always been into music-more specifically metal(doom, sludge, stoner, black, death, atmospheric and all combinations of the aforementioned styles) as well as classical-but mostly metal. I've had a few hours with the Mojo now, here are my results:

The first thing I noticed was the detail. Listening to albums I'd listened to many times before was great. I heard instruments I'd never heard before, especially when the metal was fast-without the Mojo I never noticed the things i missed but with the Mojo it all becomes known. Gasps when the singer inhales or someone tapping their foot at a quiet-live performance of a solo artist, all those thing you say people always hear with nice gear-it comes through with Mojo. I heard people in the audience many times in some of my files when i wasn't supposed to hear them-they weren't meant to be part of the mix. This is especially noticeable with vinyl, which Mojo has caused me to dislike more. I alreayd disliked vinyl and if asked to chose between my 16/44 cd rip of Xanthochroid's Blessed He With Boils or the 24/192 with all the pops and clicks-I'll pick the CD version with its pristine sound free of artifacts.

When I say the music sounds different, it really does. The track I'm listening to-the vocals are quite different. Maybe I'm struggling for words here since I don't have the audiophile dictionary in my brain, sorry I can't describe it better. There is a song by Woods of Ypres called Kiss My Ashes Goodbye, its about 10 mins long. I've never heard David Gold's voice sound like this, it's like he's singing it into my ear and I can feel it. In Lightning & Snow from the same album (called Grey Skies & Electric Light) I hear cymbals that I've never heard before during the chaotic moments of the song. My ADEL's A12's are known for instrument separation so paired with the Mojo (with it's incredible separation) really keeps my brain engaged with the music because there is so much going on where all previously ran together.

To really test the instrument separation synergy with my A12's I chose Archspire's song Lucid Collective Somnambulation. All I can say is wow.

And my mojo just died, looks like i'm out of battery.

What else should I say? My A12's are known for the impressive sub-bass, among other things. I feel like the Mojo slightly lowers this sub-bass in favor of a more neutral signature. One band that I listen to everyday (one of the best bands I've ever heard) is Beastwars. Both their albums Beastwars and Blood Becomes fire sound glorious on the A12's from my puny Iphone5. Beastwars plays doom/stoner/sludge (mostly interchangeable) metal. This style of metal has a moniker: "Tune low, play slow". Basically you can expect extremely downtuned guitars with towering and crushing riffs that echo into nothingness. Especially on Blood Becomes Fire, that whole album really makes the A12's shake with bass. There is more bass impact with the iphone 5 IMO than with the mojo. I use the word impact because the mojo still picks up the same low riffage but just with more detail and a hair less "blow your hair back" bass. I think I'll get used to this as time goes on, brain burn-in and whatnot. If it is a problem for you, you can always EQ a bit-on my iphone 5 the EQ in both tuneshell and onkyo work fine with the mojo.

Concerning soundstage, all I've ever heard is my A12's and my iphone 5/macbook pro so the soundstage actually sounds larger to me. Some of the instruments, especially in Chesky's jazz bits sounded like they were outside my ciem's floating in space. It was an odd sensation and I've never heard it before.

Conclusion:

The most noticeable sound improvement with the mojo is the timing. All the instruments sound like the band is playing right in front of you. The music is alive. From the iphone 5 I have more bass impact but the music is still "just a recording". Mojo does something to the music that makes it come alive, hard to explain. It has a neutral sig IMO so if you're into thundering bass it'll deliver the bass just cleaner and with a hair less knockdown. IMO any bass you sacrifice is worth what you get with everything else the mojo offers. Treble was great as well. Nothing bad to say, I'm glad I bought this and I'm done with audiophile gear forever. I have a completely black background and notice no hiss. RF inerference can be an issue with Iphone 5, use airplane mode.

When I say neutral, I mean warm-neutral. My ADEL A12's are warm(with no detail loss) with a sub bass bump. The mojo tames the beast a bit-makes them more reference oriented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFb607Y49X0

Edited by iKE1985 - Yesterday at 8:20 pm View History
Edited by iKE1985 - Yesterday at 6:20 am View History

Totally agree about Mojo taming bass and giving a more reference presentation, I don't always like this,it has that effect with all iems in my collection, but you get agorgeous,desktop reference that is very addictive

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #2,892 of 9,124
My U12's are coming in today. Excited to put them through their paces.
Any recommendation for tip rolling? I see most people here prefer spinfits. I don't seem to find them great with my Angies.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #2,894 of 9,124

Google is your friend and that's all I'll say about that.

Again I beg to differ, I don't think Googles qnyones friend:wink:
But in all seriousness I have both including two versions of A12 and Solar is stellar actually.I.also like a12 of course in case anyone here starts getting offended:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #2,895 of 9,124
  My U12's are coming in today. Excited to put them through their paces.
Any recommendation for tip rolling? I see most people here prefer spinfits. I don't seem to find them great with my Angies.

Tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back