1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 14, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #2,221 of 9,124
  The U1 has a module, but a automatic one and not a manual one as far as I know..but the constant Kickstarter updates/their website that is not up to date is getting a bit confusing at times
biggrin.gif

Noise Isolation: -6dB with ADEL™ Auto Module (ambient version)
*Noise Isolation Adjustable via ADEL™ Manual Module (doesn't come with your shipment, can be purchased later as add on)

They probably changed as the manual module will only be ready at a much later date, and they did not want to delay the shipping as many are already complaining lol. Since you are willing to wait for the mic cable, you could request them to hold on to your unit to be shipped with the Manual module instead of the Auto one.

Sep 14, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #2,222 of 9,124

They probably changed as the manual module will only be ready at a much later date, and they did not want to delay the shipping as many are already complaining lol. Since you are willing to wait for the mic cable, you could request them to hold on to your unit to be shipped with the Manual module instead of the Auto one.

Can't remember reading about being able to wait for the manual module for the U1, only the remarks about choosing to receive it faster by skipping the mic-cable and getting the normal one.. Would also explain the ''doesn't come with your shipment' remark. I'll drop them a line anyway, can't hurt
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #2,223 of 9,124
Can't remember reading about being able to wait for the manual module for the U1, only the remarks about choosing to receive it faster by skipping the mic-cable and getting the normal one.. Would also explain the ''doesn't come with your shipment' remark. I'll drop them a line anyway, can't hurt :p

Well in the original campaign, all U series are supposed to come with the manual module, but as there were requests for an auto one and the manual module took them longer to produce they offered the auto one instead.
So technically if you don't mind waiting for the manual module, they should be able to send your U1 with the manual instead of auto if you request :p

Only thing is we are not exactly sure when the manual module will be available :D

Sep 14, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #2,224 of 9,124
Well in the original campaign, all U series are supposed to come with the manual module, but as there were requests for an auto one and the manual module took them longer to produce they offered the auto one instead.
So technically if you don't mind waiting for the manual module, they should be able to send your U1 with the manual instead of auto if you request :p

Only thing is we are not exactly sure when the manual module will be available
biggrin.gif

Just sent the email. I'm already someone with a ton of patience, and I bought some Trinity Deltra's last week anyway (killer deal): so I have some decent IEM's to play around with till the U1's arrive
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #2,225 of 9,124

Only thing is we are not exactly sure when the manual module will be available
biggrin.gif

Nope - U series backers should get both.  From the updates:

As we were field testing the ADEL adjustable module (on the A12, A10) with some of our contacts in the music industry, we received feedback that not every artists or musician will want to adjust the module. They require something that is “plug and play.” In order for monitor engineers to hear what their artist is hearing, they need to be on the same exact module setting. This is when the idea of a self-tuning module was born. The bass response and ambience settings are fixed, but the ADEL membranes have the ability to self adjust to work with your ear canal size. This was a major breakthrough for the ADEL Technology and something that wasn’t originally part of the plan. We believe this is something that will be very useful for those that need a fixed solution. We are working on the finishing touches before the module goes into production for the A12 and A10 custom in-ear monitors. We will also include the self-tuning module as a bonus on every U-Series Kickstarter order.

They are shipping with the auto-tuning module, and the self-tuning one will be sent once it's ready (assume that will be along with the case etc as well)

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #2,226 of 9,124

Nope - U series backers should get both.  From the updates:

They are shipping with the auto-tuning module, and the self-tuning one will be sent once it's ready (assume that will be along with the case etc as well)

Yep that's what i figured since the modules were the main highlight in this campaign. However the lucky A10 + A12 backers get both standard and mic cables :)

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,227 of 9,124
Received my U6 3days ago.
Coming from UE900 which I absolutely love and treat it as my babies (since they are the most expensive IEM I owned until the U6), I feel absolutely sure that I will put up my babies for adoption and fully focus my love on the U6 after the first listen.

The female vocals presented by U6 are so much nicer than the UE900 which can sometimes be perceive as veiled.
IMO I find the UE900 to be more balanced while the U6 are more analytical.
I prefer the bass of the UE900 more but for everything else, the U6 are better (the clarity of the voice, the wider soundstage etc)

Personally I am using Ortofon L tips on them. The fit isn't as good as on the UE though oddly. Maybe due to the difference in how they are inserted into my ears. Any recommendation? Need a bigger sized tips than the Ortofon.

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #2,228 of 9,124
Ok, so my U8's have turned up to the UK so I nipped home and grabbed them for a quick blast. My initial impressions are that they have superb clarity (I've gone SE530>IE8>U8), BUT, all the bass I had in the IE8 seem to have completely disappeared. I'm currently putting this down to fit (I hope) as when I push them into my ears for small periods I seem to be able to hear an amazing sound - I'll have to try some more of the tips when I get home. They're being fed by my Note 5.
As for the ADEL module, I'm not sure of how much of an impact it makes for me immediately. I'd say I had the volume say 1 notch lower in my 1hr test. Possibly it's one of those things that's good for your hearing but you might not ever notice any actual tangible day to day effects?

Will give them some more of a try tonight when I get home, and run them through the amp etc.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #2,229 of 9,124
I think there are a few misconceptions being thrown around here. Looking at @2Dutch's question, I believe the distinction here is that you are an original Control series backer rather than a U-series backer. I have skimmed through all the backer updates and collated every mention of the adjustable module with regards to either the Control, Ambient or U-series. Correct me if I am not to directly quote the kickstarter updates as they are originally restricted to only backers.

1. Will upgraded Control and Ambient series backers receive the adjustable module? No

- Stated in the kickstarter update #36, I quote:
"In an effort to get you the ADEL technology that you have been so patiently waiting for, we would like to offer you a 1964 Ears U-Series product of equal or better specs (see table). For example if you backed the Ambient 4, we will send you a U4 product with a specially designed ADEL Auto module (non-adjustable) to give you maximum ambiance and spaciousness in sound. We are convinced that you will be extremely pleased with the sound and overall performance of the U-Series product. For those that backed the ADEL Control, we will offer you a special U-Series product with an innovative, full range micro speaker system."

- Looking at the kickstarter update #39, I quote:
"As you know from the previous update, we have decided to automatically upgrade all Ambient & Control backers to the U-Series equivalent (same number of drivers). You will not be able to choose which model of U-Series because the upgrade to the equivalent U-Series model equivalent will be automatic. We will ship your U-Series with a specially designed ambient ADEL Auto Module (non adjustable). You can later buy the ADEL Manual Module (adjustable) and replace the modules yourself because they’re specifically designed to be user replaceable. The Manual Module will allow you to adjust the ambience and bass levels. Tech specs for U12 and U1 are attached."

2. Will the original U-series backers receive the adjustable module? Yes, with delays

- Stated in kickstarter update #19, I quote:
"As we were field testing the ADEL adjustable module (on the A12, A10) with some of our contacts in the music industry, we received feedback that not every artists or musician will want to adjust the module. They require something that is “plug and play.” In order for monitor engineers to hear what their artist is hearing, they need to be on the same exact module setting. This is when the idea of a self-tuning module was born. The bass response and ambience settings are fixed, but the ADEL membranes have the ability to self adjust to work with your ear canal size. This was a major breakthrough for the ADEL Technology and something that wasn’t originally part of the plan. We believe this is something that will be very useful for those that need a fixed solution. We are working on the finishing touches before the module goes into production for the A12 and A10 custom in-ear monitors. We will also include the self-tuning module as a bonus on every U-Series Kickstarter order."

- Stated in kickstarter update #29, I quote:
"Given these circumstances, the U-Series delivery is delayed by 2 months. We expect to have the U-Series earphones, new case, microphone cable, and Adjustable ADEL module ready to ship in the second half of July 2015."

- Stated in kickstarter update #44, I quote:
"We don’t want to delay the shipment of your U-Series any further. We decided to begin shipping the U-Series products in our zipper case (with Auto Module and standard cable) to original U-Series backers starting this Wednesday, Sept 2nd.

When all of the accessories arrive (case, manual module) we will make a second shipment and deliver those to you as well. We estimate that we will be able to ship out all original U-Series backers in the next two weeks."

TL;DR:

If you look at the most recent updates (denoted by highest update number), you can see that backers of the Control and Ambient series will not receive the adjustable module. However, if you are an original U-series backer, you will receive the auto-module first and the adjustable module as they are made ready. 

The question is, will Control and Ambient series backers be allowed to forgo their auto-module for the adjustable module when it is ready? In dealing with 1964, they seem like an understanding bunch and it definitely would not hurt to drop them an email. Hearing from @vitaliy belo himself would remove all doubt on this but until then, these quotes will be all we have. 

I hope this clears up some misconceptions. 

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #2,230 of 9,124
TL;DR:  
If you look at the most recent updates (denoted by highest update number), you can see that backers of the Control and Ambient series will not receive the adjustable module. However, if you are an original U-series backer, you will receive the auto-module first and the adjustable module as they are made ready. 

The question is, will Control and Ambient series backers be allowed to forgo their auto-module for the adjustable module when it is ready? In dealing with 1964, they seem like an understanding bunch and it definitely would not hurt to drop them an email. Hearing from @vitaliy belo himself would remove all doubt on this but until then, these quotes will be all we have. 

I hope this clears up some misconceptions. 

Thanks for taking the time to read through all this.I got a bit lost in those huge blobs of non-native language text I reckon, lol. I'll just wait and see what they tell me, I'm already happy with the U1 no matter what.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #2,231 of 9,124

Yep that's what i figured since the modules were the main highlight in this campaign. However the lucky A10 + A12 backers get both standard and mic cables :)

I hope I get an adjustable module, I have the plastic non-adjustable one right now.  I wasn't a kickstarter backer because I barely missed the campaign(didn't know about it), I paid $600 more than the kickstarters-hope they send me an adjustable module since the plastic ones were only considered a temporary fix.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #2,232 of 9,124
  Ok, so my U8's have turned up to the UK so I nipped home and grabbed them for a quick blast. My initial impressions are that they have superb clarity (I've gone SE530>IE8>U8), BUT, all the bass I had in the IE8 seem to have completely disappeared. I'm currently putting this down to fit (I hope) as when I push them into my ears for small periods I seem to be able to hear an amazing sound - I'll have to try some more of the tips when I get home. They're being fed by my Note 5.
As for the ADEL module, I'm not sure of how much of an impact it makes for me immediately. I'd say I had the volume say 1 notch lower in my 1hr test. Possibly it's one of those things that's good for your hearing but you might not ever notice any actual tangible day to day effects?

Will give them some more of a try tonight when I get home, and run them through the amp etc.

They make a massive difference sonically, take them out and see for yourself.  I typically listen only 2-3 clicks in on my iphone and it's plenty loud(I'm using custom A12's though).

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #2,233 of 9,124

They make a massive difference sonically, take them out and see for yourself.  I typically listen only 2-3 clicks in on my iphone and it's plenty loud(I'm using custom A12's though).

While that is true, the difference in sound could easily be attributed to the absence of a seal. At least, that's what I think makes that difference. Balanced armatures traditionally have an immense amount of difficulty in keeping their sound (especially bass) when the seal is broken. I think a more accurate test as far as the sonic benefits go would be to try replacing the module with a small aluminum blank, and see what difference that makes. 

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #2,234 of 9,124
So are the U series for KS backers acrylic or is that only for those ordered through the new 64 Audio product range?

I do like the black faceplate design on the 64 Audio website, more so than the KS one. And now the red is translucent, I probably would have backed them instead. Ah well.

Should be getting mine today sometime.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #2,235 of 9,124
The translucent red really look great, that why I have email them to change the color of my U12 to red!!!

and just received their reply not long ago, the manual module is at the final stage of the production, it should be shipped together with the case and the mic cable. Hope that I can get my U12 at the end of next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back