1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 9, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #256 of 9,124
I have been spending time with my V8's to get a baseline (pun intended) response so I can accurately assess the V6S performance - I just don't have the time to put hours on these sometimes - but thoroughly enjoying having custom versions of my universal V8's

What really put a monkey wrench into things was hooking up my JH16fp's to the damned uber cable - sounds like a different (better) CIEM....

Initial thoughts? Presumably it's worth ignoring the cable for now because an equivalent cable could be attached the the v8/V6S? Or are you saying the jh16fps with the cable smash both 1964s?in which case... More quandary.

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #257 of 9,124
200k met :) It's happening then :)

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #258 of 9,124
Any idea how different the A10 and A12 will sound?

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #259 of 9,124
Melksham, I gather you're in a similar predicament to me- no one seems to have a comparison. But I'd suggest from what I've read that the a12s will be bassist. How much that effects the clarity and whether it 'bleeds' into the kids etc I have now idea- and since ivabign isn't being forthcoming with a comparison yet (how DARE you have a life ivabign ;p) it's difficult to tell whether this is something the u8 will do over the u6...

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #260 of 9,124
>40% of the $$$ invested in the ReaLLoud Kickstarter and 75 out of 405 backers have opted for the A12.  I'm one of them.  That's a lot of backers at a pretty high price sight unseen and unheard. 

My thinking was the 4 bass drivers in the A12 would indeed be analogous to a V8 but with a difference.  There are two ways to reduce the bass if it's too much.  One is open the port, and the other is equalize.  If I had to make a choice I'd much rather be toning down the bass than trying to equalize it up.  And 4 drivers doing the work are likely to provide a better audio outcome with less spillover than 2 boosted because there wasn't enough bass.

Then too I have to admit I'm one of the fish that took the bait.  Look at the description of the A12 and you just have to buy it:  immersive sound, impeccable imaging, designed to give music a whole new dimension, deep but controlled bass.....  How can anyone resist that?  All I can say is if these things aren't a big step above anything out there like JH13s there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers. 

I'd also venture a guess that we are paying near retail price, not 40% off, but that's ok.  Sometimes it's just fun to gamble or make a leap of faith.

And one point that hasn't been discussed much because we have nothing but what 1964Adel has claimed is that any of the Adel products will significantly reduce hearing loss.  That's got to be worth a lot if it's true.

Can't wait to see if they make a February deadline.

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #261 of 9,124
I have to say to these crowdfunding campaigns are making me broke. LOL I jumped on the LH bandwagon (Pulse, Wave) and now when I was looking at something to replace my Shure 535s I see the 1964 campaign. I pulled the trigger for the U4, hopefully sounds a little better than the Shures. I like the shures but sometime I feel I want a little more extension on both ends. Hopefull the 1964 delivers.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #262 of 9,124
So it seems for whatever reason, theyre really doing theyre best with not providing details of the sound sig of the ambient 4. Kind of avoided the question many times in a private mesaage with them. Anyone know any detail?

All i got was that U4 seems to isolate better as ambient 4 has a larger adel port.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #263 of 9,124
I have to say to these crowdfunding campaigns are making me broke. LOL I jumped on the LH bandwagon (Pulse, Wave) and now when I was looking at something to replace my Shure 535s I see the 1964 campaign. I pulled the trigger for the U4, hopefully sounds a little better than the Shures. I like the shures but sometime I feel I want a little more extension on both ends. Hopefull the 1964 delivers.

If the U4 is like the Quad V-Series (and I think it is tuned the same) - I think you will be pleased with the extra extension in both highs and lows compared to the Shures - the kids won't be as forward, but they aren't recessed either - they are a quality 4BA headphone.

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #264 of 9,124
>40% of the $$$ invested in the ReaLLoud Kickstarter and 75 out of 405 backers have opted for the A12.  I'm one of them.  That's a lot of backers at a pretty high price sight unseen and unheard. 

My thinking was the 4 bass drivers in the A12 would indeed be analogous to a V8 but with a difference.  There are two ways to reduce the bass if it's too much.  One is open the port, and the other is equalize.  If I had to make a choice I'd much rather be toning down the bass than trying to equalize it up.  And 4 drivers doing the work are likely to provide a better audio outcome with less spillover than 2 boosted because there wasn't enough bass.

Then too I have to admit I'm one of the fish that took the bait.  Look at the description of the A12 and you just have to buy it:  immersive sound, impeccable imaging, designed to give music a whole new dimension, deep but controlled bass.....  How can anyone resist that?  All I can say is if these things aren't a big step above anything out there like JH13s there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers. 

I'd also venture a guess that we are paying near retail price, not 40% off, but that's ok.  Sometimes it's just fun to gamble or make a leap of faith.

And one point that hasn't been discussed much because we have nothing but what 1964Adel has claimed is that any of the Adel products will significantly reduce hearing loss.  That's got to be worth a lot if it's true.

Can't wait to see if they make a February deadline.

The hearing lost claims are going to be next to impossible to test. Unless you find forum members who are tired of hearing (bad marriage maybe? My father in law pretends to be more deaf then he really is when it suits him lol).

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #265 of 9,124
Agreed on difficult to prove.  That's why I said "if true"  I am not going to doubt the published experiments that show that it works the way they say.  Success with a large heterogeneous human population is quite a different thing to predict.  People do weird things like assume since ADEL earphones won't hurt your hearing it's ok to turn them up to max vol.

What would worry me if I were at Real Loud is the nuts who go shooting or launch jet planes with no ear protection and then sue Real Loud for their loss of hearing.

Not to worry, if these sound as good as they say when the port is adjusted to your ear correctly, will we care about hearing loss?  I can't hear my wife as it is....

Audiobear

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #267 of 9,124
I understand their claim.  You are certainly correct that is what they say.

You can be sued if someone misuses your product.   They may not win but people sue for what seem like crazy reasons all the time.  Remember the lady who spilled McDonald's HOT coffee in her lap, got burned, sued and won?

You shouldn't be able to sue for misuse and if you do you shouldn't win but that's not how the world works.  Advertising that playback will not harm ears has at least the potential for people turning up the volume.

Of course the person who sues probably has no proof their hearing wasn't bad before they bought the ADELs and they can't prove that something else didn't cause the loss if they do show that they have a hearing loss, but I can just see someone trying it.

I'm not a lawyer.  Maybe there's one reading this who can comment.  If I were 1964 Adel, I'd make sure I had insurance.

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #269 of 9,124
  Anybody care to chime in on their opinion of the U4 vs. U5?

That would be similar to their current line up Qi vs V6, you can look up their sound signature/graph on their website.

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #270 of 9,124
  I understand their claim.  You are certainly correct that is what they say.

You can be sued if someone misuses your product.   They may not win but people sue for what seem like crazy reasons all the time.  Remember the lady who spilled McDonald's HOT coffee in her lap, got burned, sued and won?

You shouldn't be able to sue for misuse and if you do you shouldn't win but that's not how the world works.  Advertising that playback will not harm ears has at least the potential for people turning up the volume.

Of course the person who sues probably has no proof their hearing wasn't bad before they bought the ADELs and they can't prove that something else didn't cause the loss if they do show that they have a hearing loss, but I can just see someone trying it.

I'm not a lawyer.  Maybe there's one reading this who can comment.  If I were 1964 Adel, I'd make sure I had insurance.

ADEL does not advertise to prevent hearing loss. They claim to minimize the risk of hearing loss, thus if the product is not used as advertised, they cannot be sued for hearing loss. Not to mention, one would have to prove that they have not used any other listening products (so you have a pair of 1964 Ears but no other sound products? Yeah, right) which could have caused their hearing loss and not to mention, this technology works while improving percepted volume, meaning that the DB's needed to listen should be lower than other non-ADEL products. A disclaimer would be fine. By the way, the lady who spilled McDonalds coffee on herself only won because she wasn't aware that the coffee was hot. Granted that one has to agree to their disclaimer before using the product, they'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back