1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 4, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #9,016 of 9,124
Oct 13, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #9,022 of 9,124
Have sent messages to the last few, I would like the ADEL module version, just need to get my post count up to put a wanted Ad on the for sale forum.
Someone posted on here that 64 audio will remold your ciem to Adel if you ask. Send them and email to confirm as their customer service is tops. More options opened to you if this is the case.

Oct 15, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #9,023 of 9,124
Yeah, once you go... A18, you never go back lol!!! How do you like pair up with DX200 w/amp3?
Please, did you had a chance to compare U18 vs A18 ? Noticed there is a major difference for U18 used with silicone or foam tips. How would you describe the A18 signature compared to U18? Is it more similar to sound of universals used with silicone or more similar to comply tips? My goto option is the m15 module + foam comply tips. Thanksss

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #9,024 of 9,124
Please, did you had a chance to compare U18 vs A18 ? Noticed there is a major difference for U18 used with silicone or foam tips. How would you describe the A18 signature compared to U18? Is it more similar to sound of universals used with silicone or more similar to comply tips? My goto option is the m15 module + foam comply tips. Thanksss

Sorry, man, i don't have A18. For sure, there could be some level of difference in sound since eartips have an effect (foam vs silicone vs symbio foam hybrids).. When i was testing and comparing U12 vs A12, the difference in bass quantity was quite noticeable where i had more control with U version. Also, if anything, to my ears, Comply foamies due to their seal and dense material always boost the low end and reduce treble sparkle.

Btw, 64 Audio is looking into different foam tips, and i recently tested a new pair from them which has isolation and comfort of foam tip yet didn't change the sound like Comply. I hope they start carrying those soon.

In your case, in addition to m15, try to switch to silicone tips, or try Symbio tips (search on ebay). Symbio has silicone on outside and memory foam inside.

Oct 15, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #9,025 of 9,124
Sorry, man, i don't have A18. For sure, there could be some level of difference in sound since eartips have an effect (foam vs silicone vs symbio foam hybrids).. When i was testing and comparing U12 vs A12, the difference in bass quantity was quite noticeable where i had more control with U version. Also, if anything, to my ears, Comply foamies due to their seal and dense material always boost the low end and reduce treble sparkle.

Btw, 64 Audio is looking into different foam tips, and i recently tested a new pair from them which has isolation and comfort of foam tip yet didn't change the sound like Comply. I hope they start carrying those soon.

In your case, in addition to m15, try to switch to silicone tips, or try Symbio tips (search on ebay). Symbio has silicone on outside and memory foam inside.
If I may Alex, with the 64 Audio I might recommend the Symbio W which is the wide bore variety.

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #9,026 of 9,124
If I may Alex, with the 64 Audio I might recommend the Symbio W which is the wide bore variety.
+1 The Symbol W works well for me. Complys, as someone mentioned, changed the sound in the low end for me.

Oct 15, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #9,027 of 9,124
I tried my U6 with Blackbird foam tips which are readily available in the UK, they are stiffer than comply and don't compress as much, but are comfortable and don't reduce the treble like comply, overall it's my new tip of choice for my U6 + M15 module.

Oct 16, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #9,028 of 9,124

I have plenty of tips to try already :DD ..

Symbio are quite nice, currently I'm very happy with the Sony hybrids, but they do not fit with U18 that well to my ears, so I use them with Prophile8 only.
Actually this is more of philosophy question - do the foam (comply) reduce treble sparkle, and silicone retain those frequencies? OR do the foam retain original sound signature of the earpiece and silicone boosts high freqs? :)

I don't prefer silicone tips, they feels to me too harsh, compared to UERR or my studio speakers. U18 with silicone tips are very sharp and I do believe this is boosted way too much.

But actually this is so great with U18 and whole 64 Audio line, where you can switch modules and tips. Everyone finds their preference in various combinations :wink:

20171016_100028.jpg

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #9,029 of 9,124
@John Culter : From the above pictures, I like Ortofon plastic tube and Ortofon eartips as well.

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #9,030 of 9,124
Has anyone here compared the U8s to the U12s? I just sold my U8s, was gonna upgrade to the A18, but talked my way out of it, because I'm just not gonna drop $3K on IEMs. A12 is my max. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back