1964 Ears A12 & A10 - ADEL Equipped 12BA & 10BA Driver Custom - Anticipation and Appreciation Thread
Dec 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ivabign

Headphoneus Supremus
As a backer of the 1964 Ears Kickstarter campaign in the form of the 12BA driver A12, I thought it might be nice to start a thread for anyone else who has a custom A12 or A10 on order.

A couple salient points -

1.  We will be the first to receive product from the campaign - estimated receipt of CIEMs is February 2015 - not a long way off.
  2. So far it seems we will have all the custom options - including premium faceplates - available to us - included. (Did anyone notice that the A12 & A10 on the home page had recessed sockets?)
  3. There is a distinct possibility that we can choose to have a universal mold of our A-Series headphones.

Since 1964 Ears has a neat-o IEM designer, this thread could be a place for those who are waiting to share images of their intended color combinations and designs.

Also as they are made available, I will try to add impressions and reviews (if any) that are released prior to us wrapping our ears around these guys...

Of course, if anyone else finds anything pertinent - please link to it.

Here's one from Joker - the one that helped pry the $$ out of my wallet... (kidding, I was going to get one of these by hook or crook)

1. http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-1964ears-1964-adel-a12/

As for me, I am thinking I might like to have a woodie!

What's hilarious is that at the Early Bird Pricing - we are only about $140 off the price of a V8 with the same options.

What a deal!

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 5
...also - to date I have not received any acknowledgement other than the confirmation of my Kickstarter backing status and the amount I backed the project for. If anyone has received a link to order their A10 or A12, would they let the thread know? At what time do we make our decision on color, materials, format (custom or universal) etc...?

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you Ivabign.

I have also not received any acknowledgment other than the one from kickstarter. I was hoping 1964 would send an email by now.

I already own the 1964 Quads but I'm hoping that the A12s I signed up for with Adel technology will help me protect my ears from the four hour sets I do when playing live. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back