19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #49 of 687
Regarding the Lune cable/ universal TF10 combo, I believe your description pretty much nailed it spot on how I experienced this setup sounded. 

Now, to me at least, I wish that I had been so smart to figure out, that I "just" could have used some pliers combined with a fragment of energy and the pins would have fit  my Kozee reshelled TF10.

Due to this info, I of course also wish that I hadn't sold my Lune cable, but I guess that I learn something everyday and I will most certainly want to try out the Arete whenever they become available. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #57 of 687
Eagerly waiting for your review on the Silver Dragon cable. Still deciding between this and the TWag to match my 1964-Q

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #59 of 687

average joe, do you find the stock cables to be durable? For some reason after some time one channel starts cutting in and out and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've switched left with right to make sure it's the cable and not the custom and have determined it is the cable.

Also since I have a recessed cable what would you consider to be a good option? I'm thinking trying the black UE cable since its 38 shipped and might be better than the Westone but I'm also looking at the Silver Dragon from Moon Audio. It looks durable enough and looks like a good cable that is not too prone to memory where the cable goes everywhere like on many custom cables I've experienced. Also would a Silver Dragon fit a recessed socket? I have that and from pics the black plastic thing that holds the pins looks the same as Westone but can you confirm that?

What do you think about this?

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #60 of 687

Quote:

average joe, do you find the stock cables to be durable? For some reason after some time one channel starts cutting in and out and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've switched left with right to make sure it's the cable and not the custom and have determined it is the cable.

Also since I have a recessed cable what would you consider to be a good option? I'm thinking trying the black UE cable since its 38 shipped and might be better than the Westone but I'm also looking at the Silver Dragon from Moon Audio. It looks durable enough and looks like a good cable that is not too prone to memory where the cable goes everywhere like on many custom cables I've experienced. Also would a Silver Dragon fit a recessed socket? I have that and from pics the black plastic thing that holds the pins looks the same as Westone but can you confirm that?

What do you think about this?

I am probably not your typical user from the standpoint that I don't listen to the same custom IEM day in and day out for extended periods of time since I am always testing and A/Bing for reviews.  I have had one issue and that was the JH16 cable, but it was the shell connector plastic breaking.

I don't think the UE cable will fit the Westone customs as the pins are smaller.  You can of course expand them, but you should buy the old model, not the new as the new is made for an outie!

First picture: UERM; 2nd picture: EM3 Pro plug (recessed socket), TWag plug (fits recessed sockets), aftermarket TF10 plug, TF10 plug

The Silver Dragon will fit and is a good sounding cable, I should have my review of the Silver Dragon and Chris_Himself cables posted next week.  A sneak peak is I am hearing a larger soundstage when using the Silver Dragon than stock cables with better attributed due to the larger space.  The cable is relatively thick and well made with low memory and tangling and won't "go everywhere!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back