150 to burn. Looking for advice.
Jun 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #16 of 24
Jun 28, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #17 of 24
  I would suggest XTZ EarPhone 12 Sports, they sound great, have a mic, and they use a dsp filter in the player for iOS that makes them sound unbelievably good! Here is my review of them:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/xtz-earphone-12-sport/reviews/11201
and you can buy them here:
http://www.xtzsound.us/shop-en/earphones/xtz-earphone-sports

Looking at the measurements (http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/XTZEarPhone12.pdf), they may not entirely be neutral :p  They do look like the should sound good though. 

Jun 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #18 of 24
I am little afraid buying something from a non-amazon store, just in case either fit, isolation or sound will be not up to liking. Amazon usually takes care of me, if I need to send it back, no hassle. The XTZ look good, and this may be something I will look into when I need to renew my research for sport headphones. 

I really wish the RE-400 had a mic.. that would make it an easier buy.Hmm..
Slightly off the topic - I just saw on ebay somone is selling the etys micropro for a good price. Do you guys think it is good to buy used headphones that are "in a great shape" ? Is there a significant degradation of the drivers over time ?

I think I am currently leaning toward ordering all 3 ( re-400, hf2,  ma750 ) from the south american forest, trying them all and sending back the other two, keeping one.
PS. in the mid time, waiting for a proper set I just got the cheapos monoprice enhanced bass iems. Impressive sound for 7 bucks!!

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #19 of 24
  I am little afraid buying something from a non-amazon store, just in case either fit, isolation or sound will be not up to liking. Amazon usually takes care of me, if I need to send it back, no hassle. The XTZ look good, and this may be something I will look into when I need to renew my research for sport headphones. 

I really wish the RE-400 had a mic.. that would make it an easier buy.Hmm..
Slightly off the topic - I just saw on ebay somone is selling the etys micropro for a good price. Do you guys think it is good to buy used headphones that are "in a great shape" ? Is there a significant degradation of the drivers over time ?

I think I am currently leaning toward ordering all 3 ( re-400, hf2,  ma750 ) from the south american forest, trying them all and sending back the other two, keeping one.
PS. in the mid time, waiting for a proper set I just got the cheapos monoprice enhanced bass iems. Impressive sound for 7 bucks!!

Yeah, the Monoprices are awesome if you get a good fit. 

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #20 of 24
"I am little afraid buying something from a non-amazon store, just in case either fit, isolation or sound will be not up to liking. Amazon usually takes care of me, if I need to send it back, no hassle. The XTZ look good, and this may be something I will look into when I need to renew my research for sport headphones."

They have a 2 weeks return policy, and are well established in Sweden. I think they sound so damn good that I would disregard the sport branding, and the ear hooks, or arches, are detachable.

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #21 of 24
theres a price drop on sony mdr v6 on amazon for 55 dollar ATM.
V6 is clear and neutral.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00001WRSJ/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

edit: sorry you were looking for IEMs.
       well then i guess im just letting you know. 55 dollars is a good deal for V6
       and hey it saves you around 90dollars to play around.

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #23 of 24
"I am little afraid buying something from a non-amazon store, just in case either fit, isolation or sound will be not up to liking. Amazon usually takes care of me, if I need to send it back, no hassle. The XTZ look good, and this may be something I will look into when I need to renew my research for sport headphones."

They have a 2 weeks return policy, and are well established in Sweden. I think they sound so damn good that I would disregard the sport branding, and the ear hooks, or arches, are detachable.

From what I understand ( judging from your review ), I need apple ios to unlock the full potential of the headphones. I think first they would have to shoot me before I would buy any apple product :) lol. I am on beautiful, open minded Android :wink: But hey, they are bookmarked and if anything changes, I will give them a try. I have around 9 pairs of sport headphones around, and gave up because non of them have a decent sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back