150 Euros balanced headphone recommendation
Oct 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Christo4

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys!
After some time thinking about it i have decided that it is time for me to buy a new pair of headphones.

The price range is around 150 euros.

I already have a Senn HD 380 pro and a Fischer audio eterna, but i am looking for something full-size and with a little more "spunk"(will explain below).

The thing is that the Senn's are kinda neutral and if i want to listen to some music, it just doesn't feel "engaging" unless i turn the volume up, which causes some reverberance which is kinda annoying sometimes. Also it really lacks bass so it isn't very good for movies either. BUT it is good for classical or symphonic music.

The Eterna on the other hand is pretty good overall (especially with rock songs), but there's a problem... I can't wear IEM's for more than 1 hour or they start to get really uncomfortable, which is why i can't really watch movies or something like that on them.

The reason i would like a new pair of headphones is to have the sound signature of the eterna's and the comfyness (is that a word?) of the Senn's. I would like them to be closed-back(i'm at college and it's pretty noisy sometimes), but if there are some open cans that are really worth it i might purchase them instead.

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Yeah silly me, didn't search on amazon... 
Also, i've found the 250 ohm version at 150 euros, which is better?

Any other suggestions? i don't live in the UK and the shipping cost might be pretty high...

Heya,

The difference between impedances on the same headphone are virtually non-existent. The impedance does not indicate quality difference. It's merely a way of matching a headphone to an amplifier for optimal load matching. If you don't have a higher powered amplifier, simply get a lower impedance (and higher sensitivity) spec'd headphone (simple rule of thumb with some exceptions).

Very best,

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #7 of 10
check out the SoundMAGIC HP100, great cans but underrated for some strange reason :frowning2:

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #8 of 10
Are the AKG 240 MK2 any good for what i need?

Quote:Originally Posted by MalVeauX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heya,

The difference between impedances on the same headphone are virtually non-existent. The impedance does not indicate quality difference. It's merely a way of matching a headphone to an amplifier for optimal load matching. If you don't have a higher powered amplifier, simply get a lower impedance (and higher sensitivity) spec'd headphone (simple rule of thumb with some exceptions).

Very best,

Thank you, i wasn't sure about the impedance. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 10
Hmm last bump and post, just want to ask one last thing.

From what i've been reading the DT 770 pretty much need an amp, but i really can't go over 150 (found them on e-bay for cheaper). Do they really need it? 
Also how are the ultrasone in this regard?
Any other pair of headphones i should be considering? I might get a Fiio amp + a lower budget headphone if it is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back