~$150 Budget for Portable Setup!
Nov 8, 2006 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

uraflit

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys! Christmas time is coming by and I am in need of some advice! I got around $150 to spend on a portable rig. I am considering some sort of flash player(?) and a decent pair of headphones/IEMs... no amp of course
tongue.gif

So far, I've found that:
- 2G Shuffles have a hiss, major turnoff.
- Nano's might fit well, but it cuts off headphone upgrades.
- Cowon products are good???

I still don't know what to get. IEM's seem nice, but they're over my budget if I get any player over $100. Any suggestions? It's a "player + 'phones" budget balancing game!

Nov 8, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 8
The Koss KSC75 (for ~$13 on Amazon) would be a good choice for you. I would spend most of the money on a player that you really like, no sense in getting two mediocre components as it makes the upgrade path more costly in the long run.

Nov 8, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 8
ahhh. cool. so which player would be best suited for headphones such as the ksc-75's? keep in mind i might upgrade the ksc's...

ive been looking at sandisk sansa e250... but all i really care about is ease of use, portability, battery life, and sound quaity for MUSIC. i dont care much about pictures/videos.... etc.

SOUND QUALITY > EVERYTHING ELSE

Nov 8, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit
ahhh. cool. so which player would be best suited for headphones such as the ksc-75's? keep in mind i might upgrade the ksc's...

ive been looking at sandisk sansa e250... but all i really care about is ease of use, portability, battery life, and sound quaity for MUSIC. i dont care much about pictures/videos.... etc.

SOUND QUALITY > EVERYTHING ELSE

e250 has portability, satisfying battery life and good sq. and has extras. e250 and px100s would be great team.

Nov 8, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 8
Have iPods, Nano and Shuffle. Nothing hisses. Get a 1gig or 2gig shuffle if available and a pair of Senn PX100's or Philips HP460's and you are set. I own everything I recommend as opposed to some of these wankers who heard from somebody who heard from somebody else that something sounded good.

Nov 9, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 8
580smile.gif
Hi. I would like to suggest the Cowon IAudio U3 & Sennheiser PX100 Headphones.

This is the same exact setup I got. This is my setup. Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ndex=2#gallery

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ndex=7#gallery

You can get the Cowon IAudio U3 2 Gigabyte for $130 over at Amazon.com & the Sennheiser PX100's for around $25-35 bucks on ebay or Amazon.Com

Cowon products are known for their excellent sound and the Cowon U3 has OUTSTANDING sound & the Sennheiser PX100's are great headphones for portables.

I would recommend this setup to anyone.

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #8 of 8
koss ksc75 and senn px100's wont give me hiss for the new (2g) ipod shuffles right? cuz i heard that people with shure e4c's had a LOT of trouble with hissing in the background.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back