13th Calgary Head-Fi Meet - October 16 (Sunday)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #16 of 74
To those who're committed to coming on the 25th (all 7), how would you be with postponing to October to (hopefully) get more folks involved?

Room is paid for, but I can find out about moving the date. Will call the hotel Friday if we don't have a few more peeps signed up. It would be good to have at least 10 committed. Thoughts?

Sep 14, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #17 of 74
Sep 14, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #19 of 74
First off: Thank you very much for organizing this. I certainly appreciate it.

If scooting the meet-up a week or two will get more people attending and the hotel doesn't charge a rescheduling fee, I'm for it. It would be nice if we didn't have to push it out by more than 2-3 weeks, though.

I suggest that you call the hotel to inquire about rescheduling. If they won't let you reschedule or they charge an unreasonable fee for doing so, this discussion is rather moot.

Tom

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #21 of 74
Seems good to me. Better an update to extend now than later, if it's not too much trouble for the people already going. 
wink_face.gif

And this may seem like a given, but someone probably needs to bring in a power strip/multi-outlet converter (if the place doesn't provide any) so that we don't run out of wall plugs. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #23 of 74
I may be coming down, still have to see as I have been busy starting new ventures. I'll say most likely.

I have been quite enamoured by (new to me) Denon AH-D2000. Also have a studio closed headphone that is excellent MDR-7520.

Would also bring LCD2 and MDR-7550 as well.

I should know soon (within a week) and @swich401 I'll let you know if I'm heading down.

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #24 of 74
@EdmontonCanuck, any thoughts on changing to a Sunday in October? Any you can't make? Sounds like there is some availability in October and a change of dates is possible.

I just found out I may not be able to make Sep. 25 as I might be needed down in Vancouver (mother has some issues) so a change of date would obviously suit me well not.

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #26 of 74
  @EdmontonCanuck, any thoughts on changing to a Sunday in October? Any you can't make? Sounds like there is some availability in October and a change of dates is possible.

I just found out I may not be able to make Sep. 25 as I might be needed down in Vancouver (mother has some issues) so a change of date would obviously suit me well not.

All right, I can make it work. I always plan to do other things during the weekend trip to Calgary, so I will juggle my plans for the 24th/25th. I'm assuming that you'll know what the new date is on fairly short order so I can firm up those plans? (any weekend in October will work) 

Sep 16, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #27 of 74
Hi all...

Alas I'm still fighting health issues but I'll do my best to attend. I'm OK if it has to happen on Sept. 25th, but any weekend in Oct. should be OK too. Since I'm trying to commit to attendance, I'll pay my $20 for the room rental regardless if I make it or not. As for what I'll bring:

Headphones:

Sennheiser HD800 - custom terminated stock cable with home-built assorted adapters
Hifiman HE-560 - custom terminated stock cable with home-built assorted adapters
Audeze EL-8 Titanium - closed back with assorted cables incl. Lightning 24 bit adapter cable for IOS devices

IEMs:

Shure SE-215 with stock cable
Shure SE-530 with stock cable
Shure SE-846 with stock cables
- also have Fiio cable and custom built cable with balanced 3.5mm 4 pole connector
- I willl also bring some spare replacement foams (assorted types, brand new) so that you can use a new set and not worry about cross-contamination of bacteria/viruses from listener to listener.

DACs and DAC/Amp Combos:

Headamp Pico upsampling 24/96 USB DAC with built in headphone amp - FOR SALE: $200 obo
Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo -dB balanced DAC - portable
RSA Intruder balanced amp with internal 48/24 USB DAC - portable
Light Harmonics Geek Out V2 1000mW stereo/balanced USB DAC/Amp - capable of playback up to DSD1
Light Harmonics Geek Pulse Infinity, 1/4' or 4 pin XLR supporting up to DSD2 playback
Light Harmonics LPS-4 Analog power supply

Players/Transports:

Fiio X3 Gen 1 with 2 x 64GB uSD cards full of assorted music
Apple iPhone 6 Plus with 128GB and Onkyo software player supporting DSD
Apple iPad Mini Retina 2 with 128GB and Onkyo software player supporting DSD
MacBook Pro 15.4" Retina, Late 2013 - Audirvana+, Amarra SQ
Light Harmonics Geek Blue Bluetooth audio transport

Dale aka AgentXXL

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #30 of 74
Thanks for the wifi info, @SixthFall.

I contacted the hotel yesterday (Friday) and asked for Sunday the 16th or 23rd of October. Hope to have an answer Monday, and will confirm details of date change. For now looks like we're 95% postponing from September 25th. More shortly.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back