2021-03-16| Xiaomi Redmi AirDots 3 $42.99
Nov 12, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #556 of 2,161
I know you're just joking, but I'l answer anyways because I just can't help myself lol

Unfortunately, the ES3 is one of the few KZs I don't have. But from what I can gather, they seem to be 10ohms. \

Note that this is considered pretty low (although not as low as the ZS5 v1). It is important to try different sources because the sound will change (for the better or worse) depending on the impedance matching (or mismatching I should say) on some equipment.

This is one of the main reasons why there are differing impressions on the ZS1 v1.
I have a Fiio A3 which I gather is pretty good for IEMs...I haven't really bothered to use it with my current crop because none of them are particularly 'great' to the point where I want to hear 'what they are really capable of' or whatever. I am looking forward to hearing how the bass boost feature plays with the brightness of the ZS5. I know with some of my full sized headphones their brightness can be darkened and warmed up a little with the bass boost.

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #557 of 2,161
I know you're just joking, but I'l answer anyways because I just can't help myself lol

Unfortunately, the ES3 is one of the few KZs I don't have. But from what I can gather, they seem to be 10ohms. \

Note that this is considered pretty low (although not as low as the ZS5 v1). It is important to try different sources because the sound will change (for the better or worse) depending on the impedance matching (or mismatching I should say) on some equipment.

This is one of the main reasons why there are differing impressions on the ZS1 v1.

hang on, so what you are saying that there is a popular, newer KZ model that you have not modded? So...there is an opening for a "Cruelhand Mod" if I can find some way to easily improve them? ....hmmmmm....

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #558 of 2,161
I have a Fiio A3 which I gather is pretty good for IEMs...I haven't really bothered to use it with my current crop because none of them are particularly 'great' to the point where I want to hear 'what they are really capable of' or whatever. I am looking forward to hearing how the bass boost feature plays with the brightness of the ZS5. I know with some of my full sized headphones their brightness can be darkened and warmed up a little with the bass boost.

A3 should be fine as far as impedance is concerned.

hang on, so what you are saying that there is a popular, newer KZ model that you have not modded? So...there is an opening for a "Cruelhand Mod" if I can find some way to easily improve them? ....hmmmmm....

Yup, go for it! Modding is fun and you learn a lot, even if it's as simple as tip and cable rolling.

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #559 of 2,161
Tested, and works like a champ.

Have you ever used the KZ BT module? If not, I can list out the button functions if you want.

LOL...@Slater you're like the the Alexa of ChiFi!

Thanks for testing them out man. Gives me a piece of mind. If it comes with instructions he can probably figure it out. He is 13. But I rekon it wouldn't hurt to list them here. Mahalo brother.

@Cruelhand Luke Not only is he Siri and Alexa combined, but being named "Slater" he can do this... while wearing his HD 650's... and listening to his iPod. :)

wmCQLnX.gif

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #560 of 2,161
A3 should be fine as far as impedance is concerned.

Yup, go for it! Modding is fun and you learn a lot, even if it's as simple as tip and cable rolling.
I have been doing a bunch of mods on various headphones...I did a couple of write ups (one for the SHP9500s is around here somewhere) I am looking forward to playing with a whole new (to me) technology)

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #561 of 2,161
@Cruelhand Luke Not only is he Siri and Alexa combined, but being named "Slater" he can do this... while wearing his HD 650's... and listening to his iPod. :)

wmCQLnX.gif

that's upsetting yet somehow it FEELS accurate.....this is not the sort of thing that can be Un-Seen....
I mean, you say his name three times, he shows up like this and then he commences to dismantle all of your headphones with tiny screw drivers...I don't know how else to warn people...

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #562 of 2,161
Modding is fun and you learn a lot, even if it's as simple as tip and cable rolling.
I bet you are like me: my whole life, I get a new toy and it is not a matter of IF I take it apart, but WHEN.
I would like to second the thought, and encourage other people as well...you really DO learn a lot, taking it apart, figuring out how it works and why they did it the way they did....breaking it, fixing it, deleting "extra" parts and adding missing ones....
from bicycles to cars, headphones, guitars, cameras, speakers, amplifiers etc, almost NOTHING remains un-dismantled, even if it's just to crack the top open and look around and see whats going on in there.
EDIT
except my Fidelio L2s. I have not cracked the seal on them. I am certain they contain magic inside and I am not going to be a fool and let it out. I'm super curious about the density/consistency of the material that acts as damping on the INSIDE of those 'Bently' style grills...but not enough to open them up.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #563 of 2,161

except my Fidelio L2s. I have not cracked the seal on them. I am certain they contain magic inside and I am not going to be a fool and let it out. I'm super curious about the density/consistency of the material that acts as damping on the INSIDE of those 'Bently' style grills...but not enough to open them up.
Reminds me of when I learned to work with discreet ICs and was learning to solder and wire up circuits. Had to be careful not to let the magic black smoke out of the components.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #565 of 2,161
I bet you are like me: my whole life, I get a new toy and it is not a matter of IF I take it apart, but WHEN.
I would like to second the thought, and encourage other people as well...you really DO learn a lot, taking it apart, figuring out how it works and why they did it the way they did....breaking it, fixing it, deleting "extra" parts and adding missing ones....
from bicycles to cars, headphones, guitars, cameras, speakers, amplifiers etc, almost NOTHING remains un-dismantled, even if it's just to crack the top open and look around and see whats going on in there.
EDIT

I remember all my youth, anytime I would get anything electronic (walkman, any stereo component such as amp, receiver, or tape deck), there'd always be the sticker on the back that said "do not open, no user serviceable parts inside." I always read that as "Really cool stuff inside, open up ASAP" haha.

I especially likes amplifiers and receivers, because when they were powered on, you could hear relays clicking and all of the high voltage power components humming and doing their magical things.

I still do that to this day. Usually right out of the package or any electronic item (from laptops to LED flashlights to power tools to DAPs), I disassemble, look around, and put everything back together again.

I'm never surprised at what I find too - cold solder joints, missing screws, loose screws, plastic shavings - or even some way to make some kind of an improvement (even if it's as simple and fully tightening all screws).

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #566 of 2,161
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #567 of 2,161
Xiaomi Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Music Sport Earbuds-BLACK

https://www.gearbest.com/sports-fitness-headphones/pp_560728.html?lkid=10690141

17.99$ with the code: Earbuds1113

100pcs for promo

1502233145493361587.jpg

Original Meizu EP51 Bluetooth HiFi Sports Earbuds

https://www.gearbest.com/sports-fitness-headphones/pp_356162.html?lkid=10690141

22.99$ with the code: EP51MZ

100pcs

1508187554277960469.jpg

(11.13 20:00pm UTC+8 Beijing Time Zone)

KZ ZS6 Custom-built Hybrid HiFi In-ear Earphones

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_770863.html?lkid=10690141

24.99$ with the code: KZZS611(11.13 20:00)

100pcs for promo

1505767862759081040.jpg

(11.13 21:00pm UTC+8 Beijing Time Zone)

MEIZU EP52 Magnetic Neckband Stereo Bluetooth Headset

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_719800.html?lkid=10690141

15.99$ with the code: Bfriday002

100pcs for promo

1505162771202119421.jpg

(11.13 23:00pm UTC+8 Beijing Time Zone)

Original Xiaomi Mi IV Hybrid Dual Drivers Earphones

https://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_261864.html?lkid=10690141

9.99$ with the code:XME11(11.13 23:00)

100pcs for promo

1502232926645281253.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #568 of 2,161
i missed the bluedio T4, is it possible to get a code for the $25.99 price?

I agree. I want the Bluedio T4 as well.

FYI, never mind on the T4 code.

I've read numerous reports that the T4 has problems with Bluetooth connectivity, and significant bluetooth delay/lag (undesirable with movies/gaming/videos).

I imagine this is why sellers are clearing out stock so cheaply.

Bluedio revised the model, and the replacement model has supposedly resolved all of the issues. The new model is the T4S. Bluedio also revised it for better sound, using a special ported sound chamber called vector flow (which is now patented by them).

So the "S" version of the T4 is what I'll be on the lookout for (as opposed to the non-S).

Gearbest doesn't seem to have it at the moment, but you can find it if you look around at 2 other e-shopping sites, where I saw it for $32usd shipped and $36usd shipped respectively (only $6-$10usd more than the Gearbest $26usd coupon deal for the regular T4 ie non-S).

Hopefully Gearbest will start carrying the T4S soon, and will be able to put it on flash sales.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back