11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of Calgary
May 30, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #136 of 160
Doh!

I decided to head down to Calgary from Edmonton a day early just in case tomorrow turns out to be a long day and I'm tired at the end of it to drive back home.

My wife just texted me a picture of the Furmann power bar I forgot to put in the car. I'm without that power bar! Is there anyone from Edmonton/Sherwood Park coming down tomorrow that could swing by my place in Sherwood Park and pick it up and bring it down with them?

Pretty please!   LOL

Dave

I'm heading by Sherwood park tonight. Heading to a High school reunion! if you can get me in the next half hour I'll be able to pick it up. Also, I can swing by after the event tonight. I'll be heading down with Swich tomorrow morning.

May 31, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #137 of 160
Have fun today people.  I won't be able to attend, but I would be interested in a fall meet if you want to gauge the interest in that today.

By then I would be able to bring my:

Yggy (ordered)
Cavalli Liquid Carbon (ordered)
Modded HE-560

and I don't want to make any promises but a HE-1000 might be in my near future as well.

Looking forward to my first meet.  Too bad it couldn't be today.

May 31, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #138 of 160
Hey everyone, here is my phone number if you need to reach me for anything, e.g. directions on finding the room:  78 0 - two 67 - 1 seven z.e.r.o. 2    (spaced so internet bots can't find my number 
wink.gif
)

May 31, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #141 of 160
Running a bit late - be there soon.

Dale

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #143 of 160
Hi all. Hope you had a good summer (notice the past tense usage there... summer seems to be officially done for). Anyone make any stunning new audio discoveries since May? My favourite purchase was an Audio-GD NFB-15 DAC/Amp... not costly, but sounds lovely.

Am starting to toy with the idea of another meet. Thinking about doing November 15th (a Sunday). Am going to check into some hotels up near the airport, but first want to know if there's interest from the Alberta (and parts west and east) Head-Fi community in doing something only 6 months after the last meet. If there's strong interest, I'll start checking out venues.

Cheers.

Eric

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #144 of 160
  Hi all. Hope you had a good summer (notice the past tense usage there... summer seems to be officially done for). Anyone make any stunning new audio discoveries since May? My favourite purchase was an Audio-GD NFB-15 DAC/Amp... not costly, but sounds lovely.

Am starting to toy with the idea of another meet. Thinking about doing November 15th (a Sunday). Am going to check into some hotels up near the airport, but first want to know if there's interest from the Alberta (and parts west and east) Head-Fi community in doing something only 6 months after the last meet. If there's strong interest, I'll start checking out venues.

Cheers.

Eric

I would be interested, since last time I had some family issues come up and I couldn't attend. As far as gear goes, I finally got around to restoring my old Pioneer SX-5590. Costs me several hundred dollars in parts (most of them boutique). Sounds great and its's a gorgeous unit, but it's way more power than I need (160W RMS into 8 ohm, more into 4 ohm). It's great for headphones like the Hifiman HE-6. If anyone local wants it, I'll give a much better price than I have it listed for (just inquire). I need the funds to fuel my tube amp building hobby :wink:
I can also offer my services to anyone local if interested (cables, tube amps, tube guitar amp repair, etc.)

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #145 of 160

Cheers.

Eric

Definitely interested! The last one was my first ever meet and I had a great time. I've managed to pick up the HE1K and MicroZOTL2 amp that I could bring along in addition to the Woo WA7/WA7tp and LCD3's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sep 15, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #147 of 160
I'm always in for a Calgary headphone meet.

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #148 of 160
Nov 15th works for me... I am using the Multibit Gungnir and Eddie Current Zana Deux with the HD-650's.

@rezolver - I couldn't spring for the Yggdrasil, but I hope you can spend some time listening to Gumby instead.

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #149 of 160
  Nov 15th works for me... I am using the Multibit Gungnir and Eddie Current Zana Deux with the HD-650's.

@rezolver - I couldn't spring for the Yggdrasil, but I hope you can spend some time listening to Gumby instead.

The way you were drooling over the Yggy last meet I was sure you were going to have it by now :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back