11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of Calgary
Apr 28, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #46 of 160
  It looks like we've got quite some gears here ... BTW, MacBook users, what audio playback software do you use on OSX?

Amarra. Will bring my MacBook Air as well.

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #49 of 160
Apr 29, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #51 of 160
In case anyone's interested, I'm posting portable and headphone audio pics on Instagram as @HeadFiYYC, using hashtags #HeadFiYYC and #HeadFiYYC2015. If you are on IG, start throwing up shots of your gear with those hashtags so we can start ogling leading up to the meet. Tweeting using same name and hashtags, so if you're on Twitter...

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #53 of 160
Thanks God I was bored after work tonight and checked the Meets section. I'm coming to the party!

I can bring anything from my small collection listed in my profile, to mention a few - Fidelio X2, Onkyo ES-FC300, Senn HD25-1 II, Denon AH-MM400 (already in the list), Sony XBA-30, Cayin C5, JDS Labs cMoyBB, HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC, Fiio E12A (already in the list).

May 1, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #56 of 160
  @swich401 I don't know who else you messaged, but it would be worth contacting Edmonton head-fiers. Wouldn't be the first time Albertans traveled for a meet.

Thanks for the reminder, was planning to do so, and just did so; Invited over 30 people. If there is anyone that you can think of that would like to attend this meet, send them a msg for me as well 
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #57 of 160
Yes, thanks @switch401 for the Edmonton invite :wink: If I make it I can bring:

Audeze LCD-3c (non-fazored)
Woo WA7 + WA7tp combo
Exasound e20 MkIII dac (with upgraded femto clock)
Red Wine Audio 12v Black Lightening Battery Power Supply (runs the e20 dac)

I'll figure out how to hook this all up to my Mac Mini running Jriver with Jremote and a good sampling of digital DSD files to bring along

May 3, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #58 of 160
Count me in !! I dont have a lot to contribute but:

Amp: The one and only Apex Spire

Headphone: Audio Technica ESW9

IEM: Earsonics sm3 v1 (filters removed), Ultimate Ears UE900 

note: the spire will have to be hooked up via rca, and I dont have source+dac for it because i run it out my desktop soundcard so hopefully we find a place for it there

May 3, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #59 of 160
  Count me in !! I dont have a lot to contribute but:

Amp: The one and only Apex Spire

Headphone: Audio Technica ESW9

IEM: Earsonics sm3 v1 (filters removed), Ultimate Ears UE900 

note: the spire will have to be hooked up via rca, and I dont have source+dac for it because i run it out my desktop soundcard so hopefully we find a place for it there

Great to have you! Hopefully we'll have enough sources available at the meet to test out all the gear :)

May 4, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #60 of 160
   BTW, MacBook users, what audio playback software do you use on OSX?

Starting using Vox.. very nice. It works well with a DAC and can synchronize sample rate with the application as well as obtain exclusive access to your DAC.

It can also bring in your itunes library, but this doesn't organize as well. Its better for making your own quick playlists and collections, and has a 'dropbox' like service where you have unlimited amount of space to upload your music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back