11 New Sony BA IEMs
Dec 12, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #421 of 845

Quote:
Haha, you are helping a lot!

Better treble than XBA-3, equal bass to JVC FX700, got it!

i see your radars centering in on a XBA-4

@aidz
In your experience do you find the XBA-4's bass overpowers the mids. Matter of fact does the bass have good extension and punch?
How would you characterize the vocals, are they forward? Would you characterize the sound as neutral warm or analytical?

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #423 of 845

Quote:
LOL funny.... If I do it would probably be the XBA-4, but I'm done buying IEMs this year (especially universals)... So I will just have to wait for yours or i2ehan's review way before mine... 
beerchug.gif

He He , you say that now but i will not be at all surprised if i read you have bought another universal before new year 
popcorn.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #424 of 845

Oh ye of little faith. Although james444 think I might like the IE80, still no more until the new year.... Well...unles.....hmmmm? The GR01 comes out soon then I'm in trouble. I will still try to hold out though....lol
Quote:

He He , you say that now but i will not be at all surprised if i read you have bought another universal before new year 
popcorn.gif

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #425 of 845
@ digital freak

I do not find the XBA-4's bass to be overpowering at all. The bass is tight and controlled with good extension and good punch. They are unlike the ie 8's where I find the bass to be overpowering at times, mudding up the mids. The bass is tight, quick and controlled, good quality bass. These are not basshead iems.

Vocals are a bit forward. Female vocals really excel with these - Ayaka, Mariah and such. Very natural and clear

Sound is not analytical unlike the CK100's. They would be rather neutral leaning toward the warm side.

If I could summarize the sound, they would sound somewhat similar to the FX 700, but with better vocals (more natural), more accurate in sound details, more forward and closed with good isolation - if it makes any sense.

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #426 of 845

Quote:
@ digital freak

I do not find the XBA-4's bass to be overpowering at all. The bass is tight and controlled with good extension and good punch. They are unlike the ie 8's where I find the bass to be overpowering at times, mudding up the mids. The bass is tight, quick and controlled, good quality bass. These are not basshead iems.

Vocals are a bit forward. Female vocals really excel with these - Ayaka, Mariah and such. Very natural and clear

Sound is not analytical unlike the CK100's. They would be rather neutral leaning toward the warm side.

If I could summarize the sound, they would sound somewhat similar to the FX 700, but with better vocals (more natural), more accurate in sound details, more forward and closed with good isolation - if it makes any sense.

Thanks man
beerchug.gif

I think I may have made up my mind concerning my next IEM purchase for mid 2012. One final question my friend, hows the fit of the XBA-4? From the pictures I've seen they look huge and I wonder if it's possible to wear them over ear. They even look bigger then the Tri-Fi 10's and from what I've read the Tri-Fi's main complaint are fit issues. Did you have any fit issues and have you tried wearing them over ear yet?

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #427 of 845
I have not tried to wear them over the ear yet, so I cannot tell you. I just wear them down.

They are big, but not out of the way, sticking out big. They are easier to fit than the MD's and the Orto's.

I don't have any fit issues yet. I use the stock tips M size that comes with the iems and so far have no issues yet. I do like the J-cord as I can hang them around the neck. The J-cord is short tho, so it is only useful if you put your source in your shirt or jacket pocket. I tried to use the extension wire, and with that I found the cord to be be somewhat annoying. Perhaps a shirt clip would do the trick with the extension cord in use. The clip doesn't come in the box, but I'm sure I can find some laying around that would do the trick.

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #428 of 845

But if they sound like the FX700 that would put them in the "basshead" category (just a cleaner sound). A basshead doesn't necessarily like muddy bass....lol.
Quote:
@ digital freak

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #433 of 845
Anybody know the pricing? Been looking around and can't seem to find anything....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back