10th Vienna Meet Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2016 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

ampair

100+ Head-Fier
Well, the 10th Vienna Meet is over and I have to say, it was a pleasure having you here! I had lots of fun, listened to some amazing headphones, talked to great people and tasted some very nice single malts!

Special thanks go to Helmut & Philipp from AKG, we are mourning with you about the stupidest decision Harman have ever made since they took over. On the plus side, for the first time ever we had an official representative from Sennheiser bringing exciting new toys - and I'm sure it wasn't the last time!

My personal highlight and biggest surprise was @electrostatics' STAX setup, I never thought that electrostats could be that good over the whole frequency spectrum. Congratulations man, you've built yourself a winner combination there! It even managed to convert an innocent girl to the world of headphones 
biggrin.gif

Since I didn't really take pictures yesterday I'm relying on you guys - who wants to start?

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 23

To bad that I could not come!  
mad.gif

When is the next meeting planned?

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 23

To bad that I could not come!  
mad.gif

When is the next meeting planned?

we don't know yet, probably in January. Just keep following the Lounge thread :)

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 23
Hey guys,

It was a great day! I'm happy that my electrostatic rig helped many of you enjoy your music even more :) I was surprised to receive so many positive comments especially from listeners of Metal and Rock.

Thank you for organizing everything! Our vibrant community is going to keep this amazing hobby alive.

Next time I plan on bringing my Raspberry PI music server and maybe we find time for workshops as well so we can help those just starting out on their journey.

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 23
I enjoyed yesterday afternoon/evening very much, despite my cold. Good to see new people joining us. As always I listened to too few setups as the thing I always enjoy most is talking to others. Plus of course @ampairs chili-Schnaps :)

I took some photos which I'll post later.

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #7 of 23
I enjoyed yesterday afternoon/evening very much, despite my cold. Good to see new people joining us. As always I listened to too few setups as the thing I always enjoy most is talking to others. Plus of course @ampairs chili-Schnaps :)

I took some photos which I'll post later.

it seems I cought your cold, been sneezing all day long and now enjoying some nice peppermint tea. no regrets though :)

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 23
Congratulations for our anniversary meet!
It surely upheld traditions and scale of its predecessors. It was great, as always, to chat with veterans and to meet newcomers.

For me the main highlight of the meet was also the Stax setup by @electrostatics - truly remarkable performance, keeping all the well known advantages of stats while showing none of their usual shortages. And the fact that the setup was crafted by the owner makes it even more valuable and outstanding. Well done!

Also, thanks @Nomax for bringing the Utopias. Was interesting to get familiar with them and to witness how far some manufacturers are going now in testing capabilities of high-end market.

And of course thanks to all who contributed into a diverse collection of spirits that we had to enjoy! It kept mood of the meet always on the high horse!
Looking forward to the next one (in winter supposedly?)!

As to the pictures, I unfortunately forgot to charge my camera up, so was able to make only few shots with it, the rest - with smartphone, and overall not so many, but there you go:

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 23
Hi,

a very big thank you to a the contributors of the meet!

I could not stay very long, but I was very impressed by the variety of the headphones and amplifiers presented by all of you.

Thank you also for Fa. Sennheiser for showing us so many products and for the interesting duscussion. The interest of the industry is very appreciated!

My "best of show" goes to Michael with his very well sounding and very well built electrostatic headphone amp! I was very impressed by the musical presentation and the craftmanship of his rig.

Thank you very much to all contributors and hope to see you soon again at the next meet.

Best regards!

Martin

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #10 of 23
Hallo,
First thanks for organizing the meet again and again! This was a real penthouse this time!!!

I was looking for the Utopia after having heart the Elear somewhere else. And I went home, knowing that I will save my money for something else. Yes, the Utopia is clear, exact and straight forward, bit in combination with the A&K I missed soul. Not that kind of sound , where I can dive in.
The Stax/KGSShv combination blew me away, even I have the same at home. Maybe it was, because I was listening louder than at home, or because it made such a big step forward in contrast to all the other gear I had listened before. First thing I did back home, was switching on my combination and good luck it was the same.
Nevertheless, Micheal is a real expert not only in building amps, he also knows a lot about digital stuff!!!
Next time I will take my 009 to the meeting, promised.

What I also enjoyed was the HD580, the HE400i and the Beyer 1990. Those three show that it is possible to get 90%percent of the music for 9% of the price of the big boys.

Longing for the next meeting
Thanks
Tom

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #12 of 23
  If everything goes as expected and i move to Sweden in January i will be there on the next one. Thanks for the pics!

We will welcome you with pleasure :) you do realise that it's a bit of a distance between Sweden and Austria? If you want to make the trip nonetheless, I advise you to subscribe to the Austria Head-Fi Lounge to be notified of an upcoming meet.

Hallo,
First thanks for organizing the meet again and again! This was a real penthouse this time!!!

I was looking for the Utopia after having heart the Elear somewhere else. And I went home, knowing that I will save my money for something else. Yes, the Utopia is clear, exact and straight forward, bit in combination with the A&K I missed soul. Not that kind of sound , where I can dive in.
The Stax/KGSShv combination blew me away, even I have the same at home. Maybe it was, because I was listening louder than at home, or because it made such a big step forward in contrast to all the other gear I had listened before. First thing I did back home, was switching on my combination and good luck it was the same.
Nevertheless, Micheal is a real expert not only in building amps, he also knows a lot about digital stuff!!!
Next time I will take my 009 to the meeting, promised.

What I also enjoyed was the HD580, the HE400i and the Beyer 1990. Those three show that it is possible to get 90%percent of the music for 9% of the price of the big boys.

Longing for the next meeting
Thanks
Tom

You're welcome! Yes, listening at louder volumes is often perceived as "being better"... good thing that you can confirm the quality in this case :wink: and luckily, I have a picture which also confirms it 
biggrin.gif

speaking of pictures, IIRC @plakat promised us some of his :wink:

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #14 of 23

We will welcome you with pleasure :) you do realise that it's a bit of a distance between Sweden and Austria? If you want to make the trip nonetheless, I advise you to subscribe to the Austria Head-Fi Lounge to be notified of an upcoming meet.

Im always up for some traveling :) its just now i couldnt go anywhere and i wont be able to until Feb. I just want to go to a European meet.

Best pass ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back