$100 IEMs for everything
Oct 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

yumcax

New Head-Fier
Hi fellas, I recently lost my pair of Bose IE2s, and am looking to get something to replace them and hopefully outperform them. I listen to a pretty wide range of music including classic and contemporary rock, electronic, and alternative. I'm hoping to find something comfy, balanced, and fun for use without an amp. Nothing too funky looking. Here are some of the options I am looking at:
JVC HA-FXT90
Yamaha EPH-100SL
​Rock It R-50
Shure SE215
TDK BA-200

Can you guys provide some advice on how these models compare?
Thanks, Adam.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 12
Definitely R-50 in terms of technicality, but I personally like the Hisound BA-100 and think that it is the best IEM under $100. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 12
Thanks for the recommendation. I like the mild v-shape of the HA-FXT90, do any of you have experience with that model? Bass is fairly important to me but of course detail reigns supreme.

As for the rock-its, I gather they sound great but iffy build quality, poor stock tips and over-ear orientation turn me off. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 12
Oct 7, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #8 of 12
Oct 7, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #9 of 12

Exactly, but these are on an intro sale right now and are soon gonna be $75. 

Yep - that's why I suggested getting in now.  But even at $75 they're good value IMO.  At $59 they're a steal.  I'm actually thinking about buying another pair directly from Jack.

Another good recommendation! How do you think the BA100, HA-FXT90, and EPH-100SL compare in terms of clarity/detail, mids, and lows?

Unfortunately I haven't heard the other two you've mentioned - but I do own a pair of SE535 Ltd Ed universals, and the BA100 has been getting more head time than they have at the moment.  It'll give you an idea of how much I like their sound sig 
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #10 of 12
It looks like that site (noisymotel) only ships to Australia and New Zealand. Do you know of any other places to purchase from, or can you point me to 'Jack' so I can see about purchasing directly from him?

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #11 of 12
  It looks like that site (noisymotel) only ships to Australia and New Zealand.

If you're really interested - email Jack at HiSound Audio.  Let him know that you are interested in the BA100 - and ask for best price delivered.  Mention that that you were recommended them by me (Paul Brooks).  Hopefully might get you the intro price direct from HSA.

I'll PM you Jack's email shortly.  You can pay by paypal - and delivery is pretty speedy (mine have come in about a week most of the time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back