$100 headphones any suggestions?
Jan 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 9
Ones that fold up neatly:  AKG K430, or maybe the Koss DJ100, though it may be a bit heavy

Reasonably light, comfortable and excellent sound without being particularly compact:  Creative Aurvana Live!

Damn near indestructible: Sony MDR V6

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Ones that fold up neatly:  AKG K430, or maybe the Koss DJ100, though it may be a bit heavy

Reasonably light, comfortable and excellent sound without being particularly compact:  Creative Aurvana Live!

Just a comment on the MDR-V6: They're low on supply due to Thailand's flooding and won't be in stock anywhere until February.

Sincerely,

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:

i second the k430 as i own them and believe they will fulfill your purpose.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 9
Some dealers have the V6, such as B&H. Their price is now $95, up from $65 a few months ago. The Sony 7506 is also available.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm listening to a pair of Grado SR-80i's that have been through hell and back, so they're travel friendly, but not very portable. They're fit in your bag, but they're not the kind of thing you take in and out of it all the time, or wear outside/on the bus.

I've been carrying mine (unprotected) in my bookbag with my schoolbooks, laptop, etc, for around a year and the worst thing that's happened is that the paint on the lettering has dulled.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #7 of 9
Not to mention you'll probably piss off everyone around you listening to Grados in public. My SR-80is now collect dust...but been there, done that lol

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Not to mention you'll probably piss off everyone around you listening to Grados in public. My SR-80is now collect dust...but been there, done that lol

Willing to sell?

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 9
KRK KNS 8400, little over your budget, but have good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back