<$100 dollar recommendations?
May 5, 2020 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

New Head-Fier
So my MH750s are finally failing and I'm looking to get new IEMs, I did some basic research but there are so many IEMs that are worn overear, so I'd like to see what recommendations are there particularly good L shaped <$100 IEMs preferably with detachable cables, but it's fine if that's not really an option, appreciate all replies :), currently looking into getting E3000.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 7
Massdrop.

May 5, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 7
So my MH750s are finally failing and I'm looking to get new IEMs, I did some basic research but there are so many IEMs that are worn overear, so I'd like to see what recommendations are there particularly good L shaped <$100 IEMs preferably with detachable cables, but it's fine if that's not really an option, appreciate all replies :), currently looking into getting E3000.

For L shape sets, do consider the BLON BL-03.

It is around $25 USD. Single DD. Great timbre/tonality, good for acoustic instrument predominant genres. Also a big hypetrain on CHIFI headfi thread now. It isn't that good in technicals, so not the best for complex instrumentation/multiple competing instruments or those wanting a more analytical sound. But the tuning is excellent, harmanish with midbass boost. Isolation lacking and it has poor stock tips +/- cables, so will need some aftermarket tips for most westerners due to the too short nozzle. As such, it may not be the best recommendation for new IEM users who don't know how to tiproll. But if u can switch tips/cables, the sound can compete with some $100 USD IEMs IMHO.

Something more expensive over the BLON BL-03 but better in technicals would be the KBEAR Diamond. Good luck in your search!

May 8, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 7
For L shape sets, do consider the BLON BL-03.

It is around $25 USD. Single DD. Great timbre/tonality, good for acoustic instrument predominant genres. Also a big hypetrain on CHIFI headfi thread now. It isn't that good in technicals, so not the best for complex instrumentation/multiple competing instruments or those wanting a more analytical sound. But the tuning is excellent, harmanish with midbass boost. Isolation lacking and it has poor stock tips +/- cables, so will need some aftermarket tips for most westerners due to the too short nozzle. As such, it may not be the best recommendation for new IEM users who don't know how to tiproll. But if u can switch tips/cables, the sound can compete with some $100 USD IEMs IMHO.

Something more expensive over the BLON BL-03 but better in technicals would be the KBEAR Diamond. Good luck in your search!
I have found a store that has demo for both E3000 and KBEar Diamonds, i'll go demo them when i'm free, and maybe demo BL-03 if I happen to pass by that area

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back