Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #16 of 34
  @Ham Sandwich?!?! or doppleganger?

That's me visiting in Georgia. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I even brought some gear to the meet.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #18 of 34
Hahaha I randomly clicked in here to check out pics and whatnot and there you are. I thought you traveling to Seattle was dedication but now you're making meets on the other side of the country.

That's me visiting in Georgia. :)
I even brought some gear to the meet.

The one and only. Was visiting family and got to make the meet with his "fits in a carry-on" rig.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #20 of 34
Sorry that I missed out on this one. Family obligations took precedence this time. Looks like a good time was had by all. I particularly wanted to hear the Torpedo iii and Retro. Next time...

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #21 of 34
Sorry that I missed out on this one. Family obligations took precedence this time. Looks like a good time was had by all. I particularly wanted to hear the Torpedo iii and Retro. Next time...

Yes, you were definitely missed by multiple attendants. But family is certainly family and we all understand. Look forward to finally meeting you next time.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #22 of 34
Damn it! I cannot believe I wasn't aware of this! I heard talk of an Atlanta meet last year, but nothing ended up coming of it. If only I had known, looks like it was a blast. Oh well, there is always a next year, isn't there.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #23 of 34
  What amp did @purk bring? The carbon?

Jon

Jon,

I brought the KGSSHV carbon and Super Symmetry Balanced Dynahi to the meet.  I don't enjoy transporting the Carbon & Dynahi to meet to be honest but I'm glad everyone seem to enjoy them.  

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #25 of 34
Jan 13, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #26 of 34
I don't want to speak for purk, but I found the L-2 slightly cleaner and with better tone (purk's word, admittedly). The T3 is more dynamic, however - more slam, with detail a bit more apparent.

You have to add to that comparison that the L-2 cost 2-1/2 times more, is not made anymore, has a separate cable-connected power supply, and can't roll tubes. The T3 also puts out more than a watt at both high and low impedance.

I'm biased, obviously, even though I love the L-2: the T3 is 95% of the L-2 performance, is cheaper, readily available (when the Cinemags are in stock), more powerful, comes in a single box, and can roll dozens of tube types.

The comparisons were all made with a Headroom Desktop DAC and HD800s (no peaky treble with either of the amps).

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #27 of 34
Sad I missed this. Next time you guys meet, hopefully I can make it. I have a few portable rigs some might be interested in. And maybe someone will have a black widow by then too.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #29 of 34
I don't want to speak for purk, but I found the L-2 slightly cleaner and with better tone (purk's word, admittedly). The T3 is more dynamic, however - more slam, with detail a bit more apparent.

You have to add to that comparison that the L-2 cost 2-1/2 times more, is not made anymore, has a separate cable-connected power supply, and can't roll tubes. The T3 also puts out more than a watt at both high and low impedance.

I'm biased, obviously, even though I love the L-2: the T3 is 95% of the L-2 performance, is cheaper, readily available (when the Cinemags are in stock), more powerful, comes in a single box, and can roll dozens of tube types.

The comparisons were all made with a Headroom Desktop DAC and HD800s (no peaky treble with either of the amps).

All that but I thought that the L2 has slightly more weight to the sound, so I might want to say that the L2 is as dynamics but with cleaner sound throughout the range.  The T3 seem to have better depth into the soundstage however.  The L2 is more intimated IMO with musical details closer to you.  The T3 should get anyone attention based on the performance and especially the price.  90% of the L2 performance for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back