$1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus poll- Read rules first!
Jun 26, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #18 of 320
  Joyroom E107 has to be on this list :)

+1. everyone, regardless of budget or preferred sound signature, should have pair of these--they have an overall clarity and listenability that are unmatched in this class. as others have opined, i initially thought these sounded bass-shy and/or overly small, but once i grasped their character they became addictive. they're like the tiny iem equivalent  of magnepan speakers--narrow sweet spot, but great coherence and transparancy w/ a low end which sacrifices quantity for accuracy.

moving up the price scale, i'd put the tennmak dulcimer ($19, but sometimes on sale for 10) and the easy (****) diy ie800 as the next class of contender. i'd also agree that at the $20-$25 level the tennmak pro are the best in class ( the piano are allegedly bassier but similarly overacheiving, tho i haven't heard 'em).

for me the various kz are gateway drugs to other, ultimately more satisfying phones. that said, the hds3 is still my favorite in the <$10 category--they're great fun.

Jun 26, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #19 of 320
I ordered the E107 for my coworker to give his gf. When they came in I listened to them for maybe 10-15 minutes. They sounded good but the driver flex was horrible.

Jun 26, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #22 of 320
After try several KZ's and some others, the best budgeted one is Yinjw IE800. It might be higher than $25 a little bit, but I believe it's still one of best value IEMs. Monk plus will arrive soon. I'll compare them. But Monk is earbud, not very applicable as an IEMs.

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #23 of 320
Monoprice 9927 is easily the best Ive heard under $25. Outclasses many headphones far above its price point, and has the measurements to prove it. Its a no brainer as long as you don't have fit issues.... The isolation is also subpar. But the sound itself is simply astonishing for the price.

Ive heard the Xiaomi Piston 2 and Panasonic rphje120k. Dont get me wrong, they are great performers for the price, but the sound is just too V shaped to be truly "snobby audiophile" grade. The Monoprice eats them for breakfast when it comes to a true "hi-fi" reference sound signature. Much more open and balanced...

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #24 of 320
  After try several KZ's and some others, the best budgeted one is Yinjw IE800. It might be higher than $25 a little bit, but I believe it's still one of best value IEMs. Monk plus will arrive soon. I'll compare them. But Monk is earbud, not very applicable as an IEMs.

I agree with you on the YINJW. Only reason I didn't suggest it is because it seems to be discontinued......

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #25 of 320
  I agree with you on the YINJW. Only reason I didn't suggest it is because it seems to be discontinued......

Really?!
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #26 of 320
My personal sub-$25 favorite... Ivery IS-1  (just kidding, just kidding!!!
biggrin.gif
)

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #27 of 320
Jun 27, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #30 of 320
Meeaudio m9 Classic, rx-18, m6.
Soundsoul s-018.
Monoprice 108320.
Penon iem (not sure if it counts, is $10 with another purchase).
Those are the only ones I own under $25 usd.
Out of those I like the m9 classics the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back