03/03/19 Seattle Meet, Lake City
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #16 of 32
This will be my first time attending this event. Should I be bringing a power strip or extension cables? Any other tips on what one should bring?

Most of my gear will be mid-fi and chi-fi gear.

Amps: Aune X7S, Xduoo TA-01B
Portable Amps: Monolith Portable THX AAA 788 Amp, Fiio Q1 Mk.1, Fiio Q1 Mk.2, Xduoo XD-05 +BL
Headphones: HD6XX, HD58X, HE4XX, Sundara, Audeze LCD2C, Audeze Sine, Focal Spirit Classic, SHP9500 w/Shure 1840 pads, DT1990 Pro, KSC75X w/headband mod, Koss Porta Pro X, 1 More Triple Driver Over-Ear
IEMs: Audeze iSine 10, Fiio FH5, Fiio FA7, BGVP DM6, BGVP DMG, Moondrop Kanas Pro, TFZ Galaxy 2, Tin Audio T2, Tin Audio T2 Pro

Is that too much gear? I can scale it back.

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #17 of 32
This will be my first time attending this event. Should I be bringing a power strip or extension cables? Any other tips on what one should bring?

Most of my gear will be mid-fi and chi-fi gear.

Amps: Aune X7S, Xduoo TA-01B
Portable Amps: Monolith Portable THX AAA 788 Amp, Fiio Q1 Mk.1, Fiio Q1 Mk.2, Xduoo XD-05 +BL
Headphones: HD6XX, HD58X, HE4XX, Sundara, Audeze LCD2C, Audeze Sine, Focal Spirit Classic, SHP9500 w/Shure 1840 pads, DT1990 Pro, KSC75X w/headband mod, Koss Porta Pro X, 1 More Triple Driver Over-Ear
IEMs: Audeze iSine 10, Fiio FH5, Fiio FA7, BGVP DM6, BGVP DMG, Moondrop Kanas Pro, TFZ Galaxy 2, Tin Audio T2, Tin Audio T2 Pro

Is that too much gear? I can scale it back.
Bring your gear and have fun!!

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #20 of 32
Cool, another meet, yay !

Can bring the Campfire Andromeda, Atlas and Solaris, Custom PVA Desktop Amp, maybe the Oppo 205, my Geek Pulse XFi randomly died about a year ago, so may be a new DAC might be on the agenda, r2r preferably.

See if you can get TimBimmer to bring his new Holo Spring v2 KTE DAC :)
Oooooh... I'd love to hear Solaris, as well as compare Andro-S to the original Andro. All I've had to compare with is the CK White, which I would like to have owned over the SS.

Feb 21, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #21 of 32
If I am able to make it, I can bring some Focal headphones and various IEMs I have that haven't been out yet like the Tin Audio T3 and some other random chinese stuff I get sent for reviews. I may also have the Brainwavz Alara planar magnetic headphone review sample then as well.

Feb 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #22 of 32
I should be able to make this meet. It's a long drive up to Seattle for me, but worth it if good and interesting gear shows up.

New gear for me since last meet is a Cavalli Liquid Platinum and Oppo PM-2 headphones and AudioQuest NightHawk headphones

The NightHawk's are weird sounding but I find their performance with binaural recordings to be what makes them most interesting for me. It's a curiosity of a headphone.

Gear I will likely bring:
Cavalli Liquid Glass and Cavalli Liquid Platinum
LCD-2 Classic, HD6xx, Oppo PM-2, NightHawk and possibly one or two other headphones
Gungnir Multibit that has been powered down for many hours for the drive up to Seattle

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #23 of 32
If I can make it, will be bringing a new DAC (can you guys believe it!) that I have been listening to since June of last year which I just recently tweaked & modified.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #24 of 32
I hope to be there with hot-transported Yggy(B), with file delivery via Dante/AES as usual. Not sure what I'll do amp/can wise. Could bring some 1980ish Audio Technica Signet electrets, but would have to bring an amp or receiver.

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #25 of 32
I will be bringing a RJM Sapphire v4 DIY amp. I think it less known around here and would love to hear people's thoughts on it. If I get my Aeolus in time, I will bring it as well.

Besides those, would anyone be interested in trying the AMB CK2III amp, Twisted Pear Audio Buffalo DAC (ESS 9038Pro) or Beyer DT1770 ?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #27 of 32
I should make this if this cold I'm fighting is done by Saturday the latest. I'll be bringing mmm minimal gear, even thinking just bringing the Hugo 2 and a headphone and tapping someone's DDC as a source (I can take optical or coax). My DAP took an extended vacation of reboots.

Eric! New DAC?! I'm intrigued - did you keep the beast though?

Also if anyone needs a ride from downtown Seattle area lmk, I may be able to provide carpool.

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #28 of 32
I should make this if this cold I'm fighting is done by Saturday the latest. I'll be bringing mmm minimal gear, even thinking just bringing the Hugo 2 and a headphone and tapping someone's DDC as a source (I can take optical or coax). My DAP took an extended vacation of reboots.

Eric! New DAC?! I'm intrigued - did you keep the beast though?

Also if anyone needs a ride from downtown Seattle area lmk, I may be able to provide carpool.

You've got to hear this DAC bro. It edges out the Battle-worn beast even more after the tweaks and mods I did to the power supply and fed by the Dante chain.
The beast is not going anywhere though. That is a keeper.
Also waiting on another DAC but this one only takes optical in and is battery powered so hopefully will show up before the meet.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #30 of 32
You got me. Did my Sig. gave it away? lol
Just got curious about this DAC when I was browsing the net looking for an off-the-grid converter and this showed up.
So impatiently waiting for this to arrive and to see if I can improve it even further! :L3000:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back