0202 USB vs. M-Audio Fast Track or go 0404 USB?
Dec 18, 2007 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Arrin

New Head-Fier
I travel a lot between two countries and basically I'd like to get a somewhat entry level portable soundcard/dac for my laptop to go with my DT990's. My laptop has S/PDIF output aside from USB.

I've been looking at both E-MU 0202 USB and the 0404 USB (E-MU Systems - USB Audio/MIDI Interfaces)

as well as the

M-Audio Fast Track and Fast Track Pro (M-AUDIO - Mobile Recording).

So, which one is all around the better choice, the 0202 or the Fast Track?

Or should I go straight to 0404 or Fast Track Pro even if I don't really need the MIDI side nor the mic line inputs and such?

Or is there even a better USB solution in the same price class? (Being around 200$)

Thanks,
Arrin

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 7
I don't know about others on here but I love my 0404USB. Its headphone amp is great and the sound quality is really top-notch.

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 7
I couldn't tell you, but I'm impressed by your research to narrow them down. I like the fast track for its ability to use it for outputting unbalanced RCA to my amp.

The E-MU 040FastTrack pro doesn't seem worth it for your needs unless you plan to go balanced later on.

Dec 20, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm thinking of getting an 0404 USB to use as a DAC and headphone amp. It seems to me like it is the best value as far as combination dac/amps go.

On top of that I can use it with my guitar which is a huge plus.

I don't really know anything about the fast track pro, but I'm going to try to find some reviews.

Dec 23, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 7
Any luck tracking down info/reviews on the Fast Track Pro? Over the last several days I sold myself on the emu 0404, but I can't find a retailer anywhere other than online. The guy at the store told me the M-audio unit is essentially the same thing, but I can't verify that.

Dec 23, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundsound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any luck tracking down info/reviews on the Fast Track Pro? Over the last several days I sold myself on the emu 0404, but I can't find a retailer anywhere other than online. The guy at the store told me the M-audio unit is essentially the same thing, but I can't verify that.

I have not.

I don't have the money for either right now, but I think I may go with the e-mu 0404.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back