「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 22, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #177,196 of 177,742
Been pouring here recently but luckily the area I'm in has escaped any significant damage from flooding. Really good timing that we've redone the house gutters recently, not a single leak indoors!

Lots of water puddles partially blocking roads/lanes, with some flooded as well (on my daily commute anyway). I think it's the first time in my life I've had to turn around and go another route. Some drivers here are absolutely insane driving through puddles at speed.

Upgraded my game controller to the new Xbox wireless controller. The grippy/matte finish is real nice, it's a huge upgrade from my old 360 controller. Bluetooth works well on the iPad even with it connected to the Airpods. Hooray for Bluetooth 5?

Hmmmmmm thinking about nearfield monitors...I should probably go with the tried and true JBL LSR305 as a value option, but my heart wants the Neumann KH80 or the KH120. Not that it matters because I have a confession to make...I mainly listen to lofi chill hip hop on YouTube while working. XD
I’ve had my eye on the 8BitDo wireless USB adapter for a while now. It allows you to use almost any wireless controller on PC/Switch (yes, even PlayStation controllers on Switch)! Big if true.
Same here plus the other services have horrible UI for large lists like mine. This time next week as this current season wraps up I'll roll over 2,000 completed. I do go back and look for old shows I cant quite remember in the list often enough that it's still useful, and being able to see many titles at a glance in a text list (not 6 huge images in a tiled list like others) keeps my large list under control.

Stay safe, flash and slow flooding is no joke.

The new xbox controller does feel nice. I'm still partial to my Gen1 Elite controller so I keep that one paired to my HTPC and the newer one with the Series X.
I did a custom theme and everything!
Mangadex is in pain.:crying_cat_face:
dammit-mewtwo

I like that Muinmuin has a mean score of 6.3 on MAL. that's some good use of the rating range. I'm at 5.5, proof that I either rate like a god, or that I pick my anime completely at random like a fool(<=that!). Meanwhile @vantt1 gave 11/10 to everything like
1616436968197.jpeg
What can I say, I like anime. Plus, the key to happiness is low expectations.

Mar 23, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #177,197 of 177,742
I’ve had my eye on the 8BitDo wireless USB adapter for a while now. It allows you to use almost any wireless controller on PC/Switch (yes, even PlayStation controllers on Switch)! Big if true.

What can I say, I like anime. Plus, the key to happiness is low expectations.

Very interesting, I might look into that if my controller suffers from "stick drift" if I need to adjust the dead zones. I see that a lot on forums but I've never experienced it. (but lets be real I'd just go in there and replace the wipers anyway)

I would still watch a crappy show as long as they use nice voice actors. What can I say, I'm a simp for seiyuus. (just treat it like a radio show at that point =P)

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #177,198 of 177,742
Very interesting, I might look into that if my controller suffers from "stick drift" if I need to adjust the dead zones. I see that a lot on forums but I've never experienced it. (but lets be real I'd just go in there and replace the wipers anyway)

I would still watch a crappy show as long as they use nice voice actors. What can I say, I'm a simp for seiyuus. (just treat it like a radio show at that point =P)
I have upgraded Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou from a 6/10 to 8/10. I'm watching it in anticipation for the next (final?) ep of the final season, much like how I watched Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan in anticipation for Heaven's Feel III

Also, I can't believe I didn't watch any of the Shingeki no Kyojin OVAs earlier (I have now). OVA & Lost Girls; 1 and 2 are great, 3 was a bit of a miss. Kuinaki Sentaku did not disappoint though.

Just click the video title, embed doesn't work

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #177,199 of 177,742
I know this is general discussion, but I'm not trying to clutter up the forums where the question might not be as accepted as highly.

I'm on a mission to collect as many waifu iems as possible.

AFAIK, there is
FAAEAL Hibiscus
Tanchjim (multiple models)
Ikko (multiple models)
Moondrop (the grand daddy)

Am I missing any?

I know there's a bit in the ciem world. Is there anything in the traditional headphone world that isn't hot garbage?

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #177,200 of 177,742
I know this is general discussion, but I'm not trying to clutter up the forums where the question might not be as accepted as highly.

AFAIK, there is
FAAEAL Hibiscus
Ikko (multiple models)

Am I missing any?

I know there's a bit in the ciem world. Is there anything in the traditional headphone world that isn't hot garbage?
Only one that comes to mind is FitEar

https://fitear.jp/aya/index.html

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #177,201 of 177,742
Doesn't any CIEM with custom faceplates also fits the bill?

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #177,202 of 177,742
Mar 24, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #177,203 of 177,742

AFAIK, there is
FAAEAL Hibiscus
Ikko (multiple models)

Am I missing any?

There are two Danmachi IEMs from JH Audio exclusive to Japan.

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #177,204 of 177,742
Only one that comes to mind is FitEar

https://fitear.jp/aya/index.html
Yeah, that was the CIEM I was talking about. 64 has also publicly posted quite a few anime customs lol
Doesn't any CIEM with custom faceplates also fits the bill?
It does, but I'm looking for that sweet sweet packaging material clout.
There are two Danmachi IEMs from JH Audio exclusive to Japan.
These might be the holy grail for relative american obscureness. Going to scoure yahoo auctions and the like for them now.

Mar 25, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #177,206 of 177,742
I can’t believe Momoe Yamaguchi retired at the age of 21

It's lame when the uploader blocks the video from being embedded

Came for the song, stayed for the

TenSura S2 ep11:

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #177,207 of 177,742
Yeah, that was the CIEM I was talking about. 64 has also publicly posted quite a few anime customs lol

It does, but I'm looking for that sweet sweet packaging material clout.

These might be the holy grail for relative american obscureness. Going to scoure yahoo auctions and the like for them now.
Oh by the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back