「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 9, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #177,151 of 177,742
Ah yes that social story about fatherless furries trying to fit in society. If only there was also a drug problem or we learned that the mother was gay, it would have won 3 academy awards.
Netflix be going for them academy awards

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #177,153 of 177,742
This season has been quite fantastic I must say. Been playing a decent amount of Genshin Impact. Atelier Ryza 2 has been refreshing too, although I'm only a few hours into it.

Picked up a new lightning cable (UGREEN mfi certified), 1.8M for around 12 dollarydoos on Taobao. They make them quite THICC these days? I'll have to get a few more next time I order.

Apparently the new lightning connector is Rhodium plated instead of gold, which should prevent that pesky little power contact from arcing/degrading over time. Any thoughts/experiences @vantt1 ?

God I want the iPad Air 4 so badly but my Air 2 just won't die. Games are starting to crash to desktop every now and then...sigh.

Feb 12, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #177,154 of 177,742
Haven't watched any anime for a while, some of it is a bit too fast paced for me. I found Mushishi very relaxing and the stories interesting.
Try Non Non Biyori

nonstop is the second season btw, I have yet to watch it myself
Apparently the new lightning connector is Rhodium plated instead of gold, which should prevent that pesky little power contact from arcing/degrading over time. Any thoughts/experiences @vantt1 ?

God I want the iPad Air 4 so badly but my Air 2 just won't die. Games are starting to crash to desktop every now and then...sigh.
No idea

tenor.gif

I recently got the Pro 10.5, it’s still great.

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #177,157 of 177,742
Whatsup, I am new to the Head-Fi forums and my favorite anime is Neon Genesis Evangelion because it is the only one I've seen. But I loved it though! The first half was exciting and the second half was depressing. I plan to watch the Rebuild films. I've also watched all the Studio Ghibli films except for a couple. But I do plan to watch more anime!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #177,158 of 177,742
Whatsup, I am new to the Head-Fi forums and my favorite anime is Neon Genesis Evangelion because it is the only one I've seen. But I loved it though! The first half was exciting and the second half was depressing. I plan to watch the Rebuild films. I've also watched all the Studio Ghibli films except for a couple. But I do plan to watch more anime!

Welcome! The Rebuild Films are great, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #177,159 of 177,742
What the Evangelion series lacks is a TV show in Las Vegas where the MC is Lil Wayne playing a real macho man who's got an actual chopper in the car. RZA would get mad for not having the role, but there is nothing we can do about it.

I'm still keeping up with a bunch of Korean mangas(triggered!), but animes just takes up so much time and I usually have read the story already so it can feel real boring at times. Last thing I checked was some Rage of the bahamut series(one I thought I had not seen, but turned out I did). A few Asobi Asobase because someone talked about it here I guess. I still have to check The promised neverland because I liked the Japanese comic books(I'm a sucker for characters having a tormented life).

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #177,161 of 177,742
What the Evangelion series lacks is a TV show in Las Vegas where the MC is Lil Wayne playing a real macho man who's got an actual chopper in the car. RZA would get mad for not having the role, but there is nothing we can do about it.

I'm still keeping up with a bunch of Korean mangas(triggered!), but animes just takes up so much time and I usually have read the story already so it can feel real boring at times. Last thing I checked was some Rage of the bahamut series(one I thought I had not seen, but turned out I did). A few Asobi Asobase because someone talked about it here I guess. I still have to check The promised neverland because I liked the Japanese comic books(I'm a sucker for characters having a tormented life).

The Neverland anime has changed the story a lot apparently to meet the short runtime. The manga fans are pretty pissed off about it.

Feb 19, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #177,162 of 177,742
So I'm not really big into anime but I have watched some of what I imagine are the cliche popular ones and enjoyed them: Akira, Ninja Scroll (my absolute favorite, although I didn't like the tv series), Beserk, Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, and Fist of the North Star. The only one I couldn't get into was Cowboy Beebop although I only watched about 1/2 of the first episode so I didn't really give it a fair try.

Any recommendations that I should check out? Preferably anything similar to Ninja Scroll or Beserk? Someone told me to check out Hellsing so that's next up but any other suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Feb 22, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #177,163 of 177,742
Feb 22, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #177,164 of 177,742
I’m up to episode 3. Still confused as to where the eggs actually exist.

Up until the latest episode I was too, but the place they get their eggs is actually in the real world.

If I had to be critical of the show, I think the metaphors get a little muddled, especially because of the dream world vs real world thing. I'm sure that's the point, but it can be a little frustrating, and it really doesn't need to be. I think it would make more sense if the girls themselves were having a hard time distinguishing between the real world and dream world, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

At this point I'm pretty sure the overarching metaphor of the show is that this whole dream world thing is their way of coming to terms with the suicides of their loved ones. I could see the show mucking that up, though.

As a way of passing time until the next episode, I rewatched Yuri Kuma Arashi. Talk about a ruthlessly absurd, lovely show! It does such a great job riding the line between tense, sweet, funny, and surreal. It has got the be the most visually deceptive show I think I've ever seen. The thought that this creature here kills and eats girls is almost too much.
[HorribleSubs] Yuri Kuma Arashi - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.25_[2021.02.21_23.24.38].jpg

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #177,165 of 177,742
So I'm not really big into anime but I have watched some of what I imagine are the cliche popular ones and enjoyed them: Akira, Ninja Scroll (my absolute favorite, although I didn't like the tv series), Beserk, Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, and Fist of the North Star. The only one I couldn't get into was Cowboy Beebop although I only watched about 1/2 of the first episode so I didn't really give it a fair try.

Any recommendations that I should check out? Preferably anything similar to Ninja Scroll or Beserk? Someone told me to check out Hellsing so that's next up but any other suggestions would be much appreciated :)

If you're looking for that dark and now old-school aesthetic, Hellsing is not a bad place to start. I'm not a big Beebop fan either but I've rewatched it twice in recent years and it's at least entertaining and the Jupiter Jazz episode (around episode 12?) is art. You could always give a Ghibli a try, Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away are great places to start.

I’m up to episode 3. Still confused as to where the eggs actually exist.

That's intentional, there's a lot more going on than meets the eye and as of the current episodes it only now looks like the plot is going to really start to unravel.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back