「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 25, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #177,076 of 177,742
Speaking of Airpods Pro, can you guys confirm that the air pressure vent thingy actually works?

I can't wear normal IEMs because my ears feel stuffy. (yes I'm a kowai neko-chan)
They work pretty well. I get what you're saying, a lot of IEMs and TWS feel like you have a head cold and its right in your head. but I feel the Airpod Pros do it pretty well

Oct 25, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #177,077 of 177,742
They work pretty well. I get what you're saying, a lot of IEMs and TWS feel like you have a head cold and its right in your head. but I feel the Airpod Pros do it pretty well
Same issue with IEMs for me. I use Earpods quite often at home for long session listening just because they sit on the ears vs inserted deeply in ear. Tried all the other major noise cancelling over ears and all of them have that pressure feeling that I just can't see myself enjoying along with the clamping force, weight and heat build-up.

One of the main reasons I wanted Airpods vs other is in hopes of long term comfort, as I plan to wear them perhaps 12 hours every day, maybe one plugged in the case to charge while I use the other once in a while when the battery is getting low. Another reason was mic quality as I'll use it a lot for voice chats.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #177,078 of 177,742
Same issue with IEMs for me. I use Earpods quite often at home for long session listening just because they sit on the ears vs inserted deeply in ear. Tried all the other major noise cancelling over ears and all of them have that pressure feeling that I just can't see myself enjoying along with the clamping force, weight and heat build-up.

One of the main reasons I wanted Airpods vs other is in hopes of long term comfort, as I plan to wear them perhaps 12 hours every day, maybe one plugged in the case to charge while I use the other once in a while when the battery is getting low. Another reason was mic quality as I'll use it a lot for voice chats.

Whaaat. A HF member using Airpod Pros for 12 hours a day every day?......

Also the battery dont last that long. 4 Hours tops before going back in the case.

For best connectivity, battery, and mic, you'll want an iphone paired with it

Oct 29, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #177,079 of 177,742
Clearly Panda has a set of APP, but doesn't use them regularly. :wink: Also, the APP is my primary headphone thanks to its unrivaled convenience.

Sure you can't get 12 hours uninterrupted, but pop them back in the case while you make a coffee, or talk to a coworker, or take a conference call, or go to lunch, and you'll easily make it through a 12 hour day without them going flat on you. 5 minutes of charging adds around an hour of playtime. If I pop mine in the case during lunch, they're back to full by the next hour no matter how depleted they were prior.

And like U-3C mentioned, they have one of if not the best mic array out of all true wireless IEMs I've come across.

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #177,080 of 177,742
Honestly, my idea is to wait until the low battery notification, pop one of the two in the case while using the other one, and when the one still being used runs out of juice, I'll pop the newly charged one in my ear and put the dead one in the case to charge. Will pop them both in the case during breaks and lunch, which should charge the buds up so they never both run out of juice, even if the battery is severely degraded (in theory. They arrive tomorrow so I still have zero hands on experience. :p ).

My main problem is I chat to people on Discord on my personal computer, but due to security reasons, nothing unapproved or personal can be logged into our company's WFH computer, especially social media stuff. Once someone leaked a pretty serious thing a while back and it's consequences were pretty big.

My personal computer is pretty far from my WFH computer and I need to walk around a lot to manipulate physical hardware, which already already has enough tripping hazards, so wireless is the way to go. I also can't be comfortable with 8+ hour work shifts plus post-work stuff every day with earcups over my ears. Even most IEMs don't feel comfortable after a long day, and Apple's EarPods are some of the few that don't bother me that much in such conditions, and even though I haven't tried them, my impression based on reviews is that Apple is still trying to focus on as little pressure or insertion in the ears as possible, even after switching to silicone tips.

I can use speakers to blast sound in the room but that's not good for voice chatting, especially when my mic is already having a hard time picking me up from being across the room when I'm working on a different computer.

Haven't found any other real solution that also is highly convenient in day-to-day usage, so AirPods Pro it is. I also swear I'll burn the battery far beyond the requirements to get a new pair via Apple Care before the coverage expires with my usage, so I kinda see myself as getting two pairs for almost the price of one.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #177,081 of 177,742
For me, the only thing that can stay in my ear nearly forever is my FitEar. Nothing else comes close to the long term comfort of those. The difference in comfort and fit between my UE and the FitEar is staggering, even if they are both CIEMs.

Oct 30, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #177,083 of 177,742
...look ma', expensive audio stuff! I'm an audiophile now! 😁

IMG_20201030_171453.jpg

Oct 31, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #177,085 of 177,742
Xelastec tips
Thanks! Looks very interesting.

So far, wearing without tips is fairly comfortable. With the silicone tip, it's giving me some pressure over time by pushing the buds at an angle. Can't seem to get the headset mode to work at all, probably due to some sound things I've done to windows, but that's not a big concern for me. Stereo mode works just fine on Windows, and connection is good with Android and iOS.

Will slowly experiment with different tips and accessories after I note down the pros and cons for myself over time.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #177,087 of 177,742
Screenshot 2020-11-02 063808.png

@U-3C don't you wish you could draw like that?
The light, the natural flow of his hair, the bluffing sense of volume, the life like look in his eyes. This is how a MC should be!(First Class Servant)

Nov 3, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #177,089 of 177,742
Wow...dem eyes

i need those in my life

I'll try my worst...
20_11_02_c.png

You the MC now.

@U-3C don't you wish you could draw like that?

The light, the natural flow of his hair, the bluffing sense of volume, the life like look in his eyes. This is how a MC should be!(First Class Servant)

I'm afraid I have now reached the pinnacle of all my possible art achievements. I won't ever be able to top this now...

-------------

Jks aside, I don't even know what happened aside from splattering random stuff quickly in a chuckle.
Here's one with slightly ordinary eyes. Though everything is so horrible by my standards I wasn't even sure if I should post it...

20_11_02_c2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back