「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 10, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #177,061 of 177,740
Oof pour one out for HorribleSubs, looks like they're no more. Had a good run though, felt like they've been around for a decade.

Hmmm I'm liking Majo no Tabitabi (witch version of Kino's Journey), Maoujou de Oyasumi is alright for a cute girl does cute things anime (Rem's voice actor too, yum).
Yep, F

Majo no Tabitabi is very charming so far. mc is pretty smug
Same.
Mostly Google for me but there was a promo where 1 month of SiriusXM gives a free Echo Dot, so I decided to grab it for Audible in my bookshelf corner.

yeah i got some from promos as well.
Very spoopy

Fubuki singing bad apple was really nice

Oct 13, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #177,063 of 177,740
Say, any of you guys use WeChat?
I'm looking for some help registering as they need an existing user to scan a QR code, before they allow a new account to be created.

Oct 13, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #177,064 of 177,740
watching a horror film tonight...... where @deadlylover at for emotional support

I have no less than 5 flashlights within arms reach right now, and I can't even watch let's plays of Phasmophowmfoowah at night time because it's too scary. I am the classic anime trope character who will die first...or will I make it to the end?

iPhone event was a little underwhelming, the design is nice but I'm worried they spent the most of the SoC node improvement budget on making the device thinner/lighter. RIP.

Hopefully it has better battery life under a fixed load like a FPS capped game.....probably not. =P

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #177,065 of 177,740
Say, any of you guys use WeChat?
I'm looking for some help registering as they need an existing user to scan a QR code, before they allow a new account to be created.

using wechat but not wanting to use line with us. i c i c
I have no less than 5 flashlights within arms reach right now, and I can't even watch let's plays of Phasmophowmfoowah at night time because it's too scary. I am the classic anime trope character who will die first...or will I make it to the end?

iPhone event was a little underwhelming, the design is nice but I'm worried they spent the most of the SoC node improvement budget on making the device thinner/lighter. RIP.

Hopefully it has better battery life under a fixed load like a FPS capped game.....probably not. =P

dam but we can BOTH be scarred out of our minds

Oct 22, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #177,066 of 177,740
Finally registered to WeChat, aaaaaand not using it anymore most likely. :sweat_smile:

-

Looking to get a pair of Airpods Pro soon.
Anyone here with experience that want to comment on them?

I'm planning to wear the batteries to smithereens and replace them with AppleCare eventually. If after the 2 years covered the batteries still somehow haven't worn below 80%, I'll consider it a good enough deal regardless.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #177,067 of 177,740
Attach files
Finally registered to WeChat, aaaaaand not using it anymore most likely. :sweat_smile:

-

Looking to get a pair of Airpods Pro soon.
Anyone here with experience that want to comment on them?

I'm planning to wear the batteries to smithereens and replace them with AppleCare eventually. If after the 2 years covered the batteries still somehow haven't worn below 80%, I'll consider it a good enough deal regardless.
Yep I've got a set, they ok. Pretty decent sound quality, easy to use. Fairly balanced on all fronts but underwhelming if you've got high tastes.

I use it with android and the connectivity is extremely average without the Apple W# technology. It's actually pretty poor at times, sometimes the earbuds dont synch together properly requiring putting back in case and re trying. The bud to bud connection has nothing to do with me using Android so this is pretty disapointing that the 1More TWS I have have better TW connectivity.

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #177,068 of 177,740
The AirPods Pro are my main go-to lately for the convenience and flexibility. The sound is kinda Harman-ish, and I do wish there was a quality universal EQ on Apple's portable devices. Using EQ within certain apps I can make the APP sound excellent, but it's only decent in its stock tuning for my preferences. They scale well to EQ, so let me properly EQ, Apple!

There are a number of eartips that you can grab, and I've fallen in love with the Xelastec from AZLA, which isn't much of a surprise because I love the SednaFit (also AZLA) tips on several of my in-ears. I'm a full-on Apple ecosystem guy, so having them switch between devices automatically has been a dream. MacOS 11 really needs to come out so I can have it there too. >.> The Xelastec seem to allow a bit more resolution through, which is a boon for me.

Unlike Panda, I've had practically zero issue with bud-to-bud connectivity. I did have two or three times where the two were slightly out of sync after a hiccup, but a pause/play resolved that.

If you have an iPhone or iPad, the new spatial audio feature is pretty sweet too.

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #177,069 of 177,740
What gear do you guys typically use to watch anime? I like to binge my shows with my HD600 that’s powered by a Schiit Valhalla 2 (on 6cg7 tubes)

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #177,070 of 177,740
Attach files

Yep I've got a set, they ok. Pretty decent sound quality, easy to use. Fairly balanced on all fronts but underwhelming if you've got high tastes.

I use it with android and the connectivity is extremely average without the Apple W# technology. It's actually pretty poor at times, sometimes the earbuds dont synch together properly requiring putting back in case and re trying. The bud to bud connection has nothing to do with me using Android so this is pretty disapointing that the 1More TWS I have have better TW connectivity.

I see. Mostly using it with Windows so I can chat via discord on my personal computer in a different location while sitting at my WFH computer. Hopefully it doesn't have too much problems with Bluetooth on my Android phone though.

The AirPods Pro are my main go-to lately for the convenience and flexibility. The sound is kinda Harman-ish, and I do wish there was a quality universal EQ on Apple's portable devices. Using EQ within certain apps I can make the APP sound excellent, but it's only decent in its stock tuning for my preferences. They scale well to EQ, so let me properly EQ, Apple!

There are a number of eartips that you can grab, and I've fallen in love with the Xelastec from AZLA, which isn't much of a surprise because I love the SednaFit (also AZLA) tips on several of my in-ears. I'm a full-on Apple ecosystem guy, so having them switch between devices automatically has been a dream. MacOS 11 really needs to come out so I can have it there too. >.> The Xelastec seem to allow a bit more resolution through, which is a boon for me.

Unlike Panda, I've had practically zero issue with bud-to-bud connectivity. I did have two or three times where the two were slightly out of sync after a hiccup, but a pause/play resolved that.

If you have an iPhone or iPad, the new spatial audio feature is pretty sweet too.
Only have an old iPhone that is on iOS 12, so no spatial audio to try out. Interested in it's effect though. Not super into the Apple ecosystem but bluetooth pairing/unparing/repairing with different device is my main problem with never wanting to go wireless unless I have to. Might get an iPad someday and definitely need a new up-to-date iPhone.

The new ones finally returned to the boxy design and they have small ones! They have small ones!

I think I might finally get a new iPhone again. Probably won't be as good as my 5s in terms of longetivity, as the 5s is easy to open and is on it's 4th battery.

Beyond that, I don't really have much desire to invest in the Apple ecosystem aside from maybe...Homepod Mini? Hopefully those sound decent compared to Google and Amazon's similar priced items.

What gear do you guys typically use to watch anime? I like to binge my shows with my HD600 that’s powered by a Schiit Valhalla 2 (on 6cg7 tubes)

I...I use whatever I have on hand, plugged onto my computer's front audio ports. ._.

If it's a laptop with high noise floor, I just use Apple's USB-C to 3.5mm jack. A bit quiet but very clean.

Everything else is either cast to my TV from Youtube and listened through a soundbar, or on my phones via their mono speakers.

._.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #177,073 of 177,740

I like Audeze products and Hifiman, a lot of our members also use speakers however.

I see. Mostly using it with Windows so I can chat via discord on my personal computer in a different location while sitting at my WFH computer. Hopefully it doesn't have too much problems with Bluetooth on my Android phone though.

Only have an old iPhone that is on iOS 12, so no spatial audio to try out. Interested in it's effect though. Not super into the Apple ecosystem but bluetooth pairing/unparing/repairing with different device is my main problem with never wanting to go wireless unless I have to. Might get an iPad someday and definitely need a new up-to-date iPhone.

The new ones finally returned to the boxy design and they have small ones! They have small ones!

I think I might finally get a new iPhone again. Probably won't be as good as my 5s in terms of longetivity, as the 5s is easy to open and is on it's 4th battery.

Beyond that, I don't really have much desire to invest in the Apple ecosystem aside from maybe...Homepod Mini? Hopefully those sound decent compared to Google and Amazon's similar priced items.

I...I use whatever I have on hand, plugged onto my computer's front audio ports. ._.

If it's a laptop with high noise floor, I just use Apple's USB-C to 3.5mm jack. A bit quiet but very clean.

Everything else is either cast to my TV from Youtube and listened through a soundbar, or on my phones via their mono speakers.

._.

The airpod pros connectivity is mediocre when used with Windows or Android. It has the same quirks and issues you'd get with any chineseium TWS when you use it outside Apple's ecosystem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back