「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 20, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #176,776 of 177,742
Also, just saying, compared to the fairly expensive lightening cables, adapters and peripherals that go through fairly rigorous certifications, the included usb c adapters and cables I've gotten included with certain products literally just fall out, and they are brand new!

________

Me: *the most gentle cough in my life while rolling in bed*

Imma stay home for 2 weeks before HR brings out the big guns on me.

\(^o^)/

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #176,777 of 177,742
Also, just saying, compared to the fairly expensive lightening cables, adapters and peripherals that go through fairly rigorous certifications, the included usb c adapters and cables I've gotten included with certain products literally just fall out, and they are brand new!

________

Me: *the most gentle cough in my life while rolling in bed*

Imma stay home for 2 weeks before HR brings out the big guns on me.

\(^o^)/
Tip: use [hr][/hr] for a horizontal rule.

Take two

P4pH0iT.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #176,780 of 177,742
Finally watched Princess Mononoke! I have to say, I prefer Spirited Away more but so glad I finally mustered up the strength to watch it.

My company is entering studio shutdown before the government's required date. It's always been a bit ahead but yay, officially on vacation (technically been voluntarily absent for a few days already but still, officially gone for now)!
There's a chance I'll be working from home, but I hope I can at least get the next two weeks off for some personal projects.
:grin:

Kinda nervous and excited to work from home. New experience I wish to try out for sure, but knowing the nature of my project as well as how crap my internet is when my roommate streams Netflix, which he will be doing all day from now on... 0.0;

Mar 24, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #176,781 of 177,742
Kinda nervous and excited to work from home. New experience I wish to try out for sure, but knowing the nature of my project as well as how crap my internet is when my roommate streams Netflix, which he will be doing all day from now on... 0.0;

Over here people are asked to bring their work computers home, friends have been asking me for wifi adaptors, ethernet cables, DP-DVI adaptors and such. The local office supply stores and even supermarkets are all sold out because they open til late, I think PC parts stores will have them but they close at normal times.

Mar 24, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #176,782 of 177,742
Anyone playing Animal Crossing: New Horizon?

Violet Evergarden, at your service.
Neat! From reddit:
1585054717142.png

Over here people are asked to bring their work computers home, friends have been asking me for wifi adaptors, ethernet cables, DP-DVI adaptors and such. The local office supply stores and even supermarkets are all sold out because they open til late, I think PC parts stores will have them but they close at normal times.
1FCE7EE6-26B3-4D8C-B7A1-E73B141BEF1F.jpeg

IMG_20200324_172144.jpg

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #176,783 of 177,742
Finally watched Princess Mononoke! I have to say, I prefer Spirited Away more but so glad I finally mustered up the strength to watch it.

I am offended. Mononoke is Miyazaki's Magnum Opus. Not sure we can be friends anymore :upside_down:

I just started a few weeks ago 1 day a week then suddenly forced to permanent. It's not too different if you can hyper focus like I tend to. Going to the bathroom "at work" is a lot more comfortable now :laughing:

Mar 25, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #176,784 of 177,742
Okay, working from home day 1: everything is hopefully set up!

Due to the nature of my job, I am keeping my work PC and personal setup as separate as possible to prevent any accidental leaks (lots of sharing screenshots and such that has sensitive info. Usually we all use our internal network and communications channel for everything. Don't want to accidentally drag something very secret onto a public chat group or something by accident because it was one tab away. :p )

However, the display that they gave me has some issues with switching inputs (someone for some reason removed all the buttons on the display. I don't know why but ok), so I'm using one I have at home for the other input devices. Man, I have never been more happy I stocked some VGA and DVI cables. Thought they were a waste of money until today. Glad I have some spare HDMI cables and a super long ethernet cable I always cut up to make shorter ones.

No photos of my new setup as it contains some NDA hardware. Sorry. :p

All my coworkers are scrambling to get the right tools at the moment. It seems we all got HDMI to DP cables, when none of the stuff we use accepts DP.
:thinking: Non-essential stores are all closed, and Amazon takes time to deliver.

This is pretty much my team right now:

Welcome.png

--------------------

Rewatched Mononoke a few times. Beautiful work by Ghibli as always. ;o;

Might grab the OST someday but not familiar with how purchasing disks for Ghibli works? Is there an official retailer or any import sites you guys recommend?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #176,785 of 177,742
Okay, working from home day 1: everything is hopefully set up!

Due to the nature of my job, I am keeping my work PC and personal setup as separate as possible to prevent any accidental leaks (lots of sharing screenshots and such that has sensitive info. Usually we all use our internal network and communications channel for everything. Don't want to accidentally drag something very secret onto a public chat group or something by accident because it was one tab away. :p )

However, the display that they gave me has some issues with switching inputs (someone for some reason removed all the buttons on the display. I don't know why but ok), so I'm using one I have at home for the other input devices. Man, I have never been more happy I stocked some VGA and DVI cables. Thought they were a waste of money until today. Glad I have some spare HDMI cables and a super long ethernet cable I always cut up to make shorter ones.

No photos of my new setup as it contains some NDA hardware. Sorry. :p

All my coworkers are scrambling to get the right tools at the moment. It seems we all got HDMI to DP cables, when none of the stuff we use accepts DP.
:thinking: Non-essential stores are all closed, and Amazon takes time to deliver.

I was prepping a WFH setup 2 weeks before this all happened. The plan was to work 1 day a week from home but then...... now I'm here every day. Guess the timing was good, I also had a few cable issues to work out and Amazon was working back then :p. I got a KVM switch and am using 1 kb and mouse to operate both systems, been working well so far.

Rewatched Mononoke a few times. Beautiful work by Ghibli as always. ;o;

Might grab the OST someday but not familiar with how purchasing disks for Ghibli works? Is there an official retailer or any import sites you guys recommend?

Ghibli sells their merch almost everywhere, other than the store attached to their museum I don't think there's any exclusive dealers or anything like that. I guess fakes abound seeing as how famous they are so you might watch for that.

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #176,786 of 177,742
I was prepping a WFH setup 2 weeks before this all happened. The plan was to work 1 day a week from home but then...... now I'm here every day. Guess the timing was good, I also had a few cable issues to work out and Amazon was working back then :p. I got a KVM switch and am using 1 kb and mouse to operate both systems, been working well so far.

Ghibli sells their merch almost everywhere, other than the store attached to their museum I don't think there's any exclusive dealers or anything like that. I guess fakes abound seeing as how famous they are so you might watch for that.
Gotcha. Looked in Amazon but prices were completely wack. Given current circumstances, I wasn't sure if it was due to current events or if this is how it's always been with the third party sellers. Never looked into it before as all my music has been digital, so I have no frame of reference.

It's been a long time since I've had music stored on disks. :0
_________

Work from home, Day 2:

Set up my station right next to my bed so I don't actually need to get up for work. Waiting on a security key so been rolling in bed for over 5 hours already. This is actually awesome, to be able to press a button while still wrapped in warm, warn blankets and to start working without ever leaving my comfort zone.

Bouncing memes with my project manager for now as IT sorts things out.

"Look ma, I'm working from home!"

*Rolls around in blanket wraps*

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #176,787 of 177,742
NIER IS BACK LET'S DO THIS
I really wanted to play old man Nier thou. :frowning2:

-------

Heard for a while that Nvidia's future G-Sync modules will support Freesync as well, but aside from a slight few, didn't really know which monitors had the updated firmware.

Just learnt today that my monitor has it!

1585523523439.png

One dilemma when choosing this monitor was that I will be giving up Freesync if in the future I decided to go AMD for a dedicated gaming rig and pair it with this monitor. The monitor is fantastic for gaming. I just prefer 4k60 vs 1440p high refresh rate for my work, so it's likely I will replace my daily driver with a 4k one and only use this for gaming.

If I ever build a rig just for gaming, there's no need for Nvidia for CUDA support, so compatibility with this G-sync display will be the only reason why I might want to stick with Nvidia for high refresh rates. Glad to know there's no compromises after all with choosing AMD in the future. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back