「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 9, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #174,721 of 177,742
Are any of you interested too?

Hmmm I'll likely be sitting this one out because I might be on travel (family overseas starting to go a bit nutso, ugh), I'm down for next year though XD.

Kino no Tabi is alright, I had no idea nagi did the opening and ending, what a pleasant surprise.

Some elderly family needed a laptop so I picked out the Xiaomi 12 for them, it's pretty good for the money! (630 dollarydoos shipped) I wonder if I should have picked something with a touchscreen instead but that would've upped the price significantly...or gotten some plastic fantastic laptop.
The Xiaomi feels quite premium in terms of build, my only problem with it apart from not being a ThinkPad is that the main USB-C used for charging the laptop is soldered directly to the motherboard, so it will wear out eventually. (some of the new Macbooks have an intermediate connector, making replacements easy, not to mention it removes any chance of the connector flexing against the motherboard solder joints)

It's sort of fun teaching them how to use a computer for the first time...oh boy they'll be so happy once they discover the wonders of the internet. The trackpad is pretty average...so gestures only work 60% of the time, ah well as long as they don't try a Macbook they'll think it's just user error. =P

In computer related news it looks like Intel is starting to go into discrete GPU's now, they poached Raja from AMD! We've recently gotten a "quantum leap" (60% heh) in multicore performance CPU wise, and with AMD's new mobile Ryzen CPUs I think integrated graphics will be getting a similar jump. It'll be great to play modern titles at 1080p60 with low to medium-ish settings on a standard ultrabook.

Yayayayay happy birthday TYG. ^_^

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #174,723 of 177,742
Raja moving to Intel isn't particularly surprising. He did a fantastic job at Apple and IMO has done the best he could at RTG. Intel makes sense because of the massive amount of money he has to work with compared to being at RTG.

AdoredTV has a great video on Intel packaging Polaris graphics into the new Kaby Lake-R H-series processors.

Some of it kinda leaks over to the news w/ Raja moving to Intel since it paints a really really clear image of Intel's strategy. They are quite eager to keep a duopoly between themselves and AMD and completely removing NVIDIA from the game.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #174,724 of 177,742
Nov 10, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #174,730 of 177,742
Pretty good. Lots of work :/ Watch anime to make the time pass faster I guess. Inuyashiki, MMO Junkie, Magus Bride, Girls' last tour, and juuni taisen are all pretty fun watches this season

Yeah work blows. As always your choices in Anime amuse me. MMO is really cute :wink:

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #174,732 of 177,742
So Happy Remembrance Day, Happy Pocky Day, Happy Singles' Day and Happy Almost My Ma's Birthday everyone!!!!!!

\ ( > ~ < ) /

--------------------
Don't know if you guys bumped into these before. For some reason I find them so cute and funny:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

---------------

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sauce unknown. Poi.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #174,734 of 177,742
Breakfast Stout man
You guys talking about Founder's Breakfast Stout? I think Founder's is mostly concentrated in the Midwest since they're headquartered in MI.
Went shopping for some groceries just now and the place had a few founder's brews. Not the breakfast stout though.
DSC_1169-2.jpg

After 2 years, I finally get to try it! It's not hoppy at all, mostly malt. The smell is like a chocolate oatmeal; taste is more oatmeally/coffee than chocolate, but the aftertaste is a bit chocolately. 4.5/5 for me.

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #174,735 of 177,742
Yeah work blows. As always your choices in Anime amuse me. MMO is really cute :wink:

What about my choice amuses you? I think they are all highly praised anime

So Happy Remembrance Day, Happy Pocky Day, Happy Singles' Day and Happy Almost My Ma's Birthday everyone!!!!!!

\ ( > ~ < ) /

--------------------
Don't know if you guys bumped into these before. For some reason I find them so cute and funny:

---------------

Sauce unknown. Poi.

Well dang...that ....is quite sensual.

After 2 years, I finally get to try it! It's not hoppy at all, mostly malt. The smell is like a chocolate oatmeal; taste is more oatmeally/coffee than chocolate, but the aftertaste is a bit chocolately. 4.5/5 for me.
Question is if you would do it again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back